De-priming a live primer

It is always worth it because there is nothing worse for OCD than having a ****ing box of ammo with like with 99 rounds in it. And my OCD is pretty minimal. [rofl]

-Mike

lol, oh yeah. i lost a piece of .357 sig brass and came home with 49. fretted about it all the way home, got so bad i thought i'd have to throw the box out with the 49. i remembered several range pick ups of 357 sig i had stashed and all was good....until....i realized they weren't the same headstamp. cycle started all over.

I don't deprime the case unless 1) It was a FTF(ire) or 2) I did something stupid and grabbed the wrong primers, like putting CCI 41 SR Military into my pistol brass.

If those cases I've never had an issue, just don't swing the handle like a drunk ogre.

If it's just an unfired round, I pull the bullet and powder and the primed case just gets reloaded as is.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you have to throw a piece of pistol brass away, you just pull the handle one more time and make another.

My response was to the guy who just said it was easier to throw the primer away rather than decap it and get it back and re-use it. From an OCD aspect, that ****s up everything. Now you have a run with 99 primers in it. And you have to take a primer out of another box if you want to make 100 rounds. [laugh]

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

lol, oh yeah. i lost a piece of .357 sig brass and came home with 49. fretted about it all the way home, got so bad i thought i'd have to throw the box out with the 49. i remembered several range pick ups of 357 sig i had stashed and all was good....until....i realized they weren't the same headstamp. cycle started all over.

I'm not that bad, I at least let that go... some level of loss is typical. Although if I was running a revolver losing brass would probably bug the shit out of me because it's not like it just flies off.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom