• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deal and a p80 question

Site has p80 full size glock 20/21 frames for 90 bucks

Seemed like a good deal so I grabbed 3

I was thinking about giving 1 to my dad and one to my brother in law and building them together like each of us kicks in buys a part we build em.

What are mass laws regarding p80s. Do you have to serialize them? Fa them once complete? Are they just verboten?

I live in nh so if I can't give them ones they won't go to waste lol just wondering the legality

Edit: they aren't well versed in laws what needs to be done after they are completed?

Last edited:
You create your own serial number and then register it using the portal. The serial number must be permanently marked on the frame.

Have you found a place to get complete slides (slide, barrel, spring)? I’m interested in building in the new year and my buddy built a G19 Gen 3 when he was 18 I’m thinking I would be able to build one no problem.

You create your own serial number and then register it using the portal. The serial number must be permanently marked on the frame.

Have you found a place to get complete slides (slide, barrel, spring)? I’m interested in building in the new year and my buddy built a G19 Gen 3 when he was 18 I’m thinking I would be able to build one no problem.
You mean 21 right? ;)

I just grabbed a full 17 kit off jsd? Supply Google it.. but I grabbed a full 17 kit for 430

He lives in CT but he went hard but now with the ghost gun ban he’s trying to get rid of it, a sticky situation!

Nice thank you! Will search and bookmark asap.
Still gotta be 21 for a pistol in Connecticut. Thats why I assume you wrote the wrong number. Not a big deal. Big fingers on a phone. We get it. ;)

What are mass laws regarding p80s. Do you have to serialize them? Fa them once complete? Are they just verboten?
Complete them and then just file an eFA10 within 7 days of it being substantially able to fire. You don't need to serialize it (just enter N/A in the SN field online). No problem for a properly licensed person in MA at the moment.

I really enjoy shooting my P80 G19 clone. I've got P80 kit (17 upper with a 19 grip) waiting for me to decide on the parts I'm going to use to complete it.

No. I believe you have to serialize it if you ever want to sell it (and I'm sure there's a ton of cans of worms in there somewhere), but if you're keeping it for yourself, you don't need to serialize it.

IANAL YMMV

You can not build them and give them away without serializing them

If you give them away before building them there is no need to serialize them

If you ever sell or give a completed gun away, it must be serialized to the BATFE engraving marking standard that specified height and depth of the engraving

There are guys on this board that do markings at their shops.

IIRC in MA, once a P80 is completed to the point that it is capable of firing a shot, then it must be eFA-10'd

IANAL YMMV

You can not build them and give them away without serializing them

If you give them away before building them there is no need to serialize them

If you ever sell or give a completed gun away, it must be serialized to the BATFE engraving marking standard that specified height and depth of the engraving

There are guys on this board that do markings at their shops.

IIRC in MA, once a P80 is completed to the point that it is capable of firing a shot, then it must be eFA-10'd
Ok yeah I thought it would be cool like if I bought the frames my brother in law bought the parts kit and my dad grabbed like slides and barrels and we built them together. So I'm not building them for them. So g2g there. They just don't come here or really search out info on this stuff. So I figured I'd ask for them.

Since when?

Op, it is simple ...

1. The 80 is a paper weight. No laws. You can gift it to anyone.
2. When you finish it and assemble it into a super killy gun, you go to the portal and register it.

Done.

not that i have seen, IMHO the only reason he got the ones he did was they are SF frames for 45GAP and 10mm, not very common rounds

Any other sites selling p80 lowers? Been tougher to find lately

If you look around even a little, there everywhere. A little more pricey and occasionally OOS but they are definitely available, Especially if you're not hung up on getting a black one.

If you look around even a little, there everywhere. A little more pricey and occasionally OOS but they are definitely available, Especially if you're not hung up on getting a black one.

Yes they have the P80, they do not have a lower parts kit.

Without parts the P80 is useless.... unless you want to stock up on them while you can pending them being outlawed in January 2021

Without parts the P80 is useless.... unless you want to stock up on them while you can pending them being outlawed in January 2021

OK. I saw a question about lower so.. In that case here you go. In stock and $60. The kits are a little harder to come by.

Don’t care about color. Thanks for link, I’ll do some searching.

I have been split on this route for awhile, actually just had one in my cart then went, nahh..

If the Glock 20 kits were a Gen 4 it would be a no brainer, but given I own a Gen 4 G20, seems like I would be better off just buying another one when available to make a real matching set.

I really enjoy shooting my P80 G19 clone. I've got P80 kit (17 upper with a 19 grip) waiting for me to decide on the parts I'm going to use to complete it.
i would not be too concerned with P80 on a .22lr or even 9mm build, but for a 10mm build - dunno, it does not seem to be strong enough in my opinion.
it will hold, for a while, of course, but, dunno.

i already spoke of that - gunparlor sells complete gen5 frames for $299. you just need to track availability.

i would not be too concerned with P80 on a .22lr or even 9mm build, but for a 10mm build - dunno, it does not seem to be strong enough in my opinion.
it will hold, for a while, of course, but, dunno.

i already spoke of that - gunparlor sells complete gen5 frames for $299. you just need to track availability.

What is the strength difference between a p80 and a factory glock? I always ASSumed essentially polymer is polymer and the only difference might be machining QC by the inexperienced or the obvious version differences.

What is the strength difference between a p80 and a factory glock? I always ASSumed essentially polymer is polymer and the only difference might be machining QC by the inexperienced or the obvious version differences.
IIRC, the original P80 had polymer rails at the back. The revised versions use metal rails in the center and the rear similar to the Glocks and are likely just as durable.

IIRC, the original P80 had polymer rails at the back. The revised versions use metal rails in the center and the rear similar to the Glocks and are likely just as durable.
So the one in the link is the newer one with metal rails? Seems like would make a good .45

I've got P80 kit (17 upper with a 19 grip) waiting for me to decide on the parts I'm going to use to complete it.
You’re one of the lucky ones to get a pf940cl?
By the time I decided I liked it and wanted to put a 34 upper on one I couldn’t find one for sale.

So the one in the link is the newer one with metal rails? Seems like would make a good .45
I do not think there were any metal rails there, but, may be I was wrong.
I also do not agree with the statement for p80 to be same as factory Glock polymer. But, it is a free country.

Lower parts kits are everywhere. Ebay, Gun broker, Brownell, Midway, OC ...

First two results ... in stock.

SmartSelect_20201128-211634_Chrome.jpg

PS: I never purchased form either of these places. I hear Glock store s*cks. Just posting as an example of the first 2 results.

Back
Top Bottom