Dealer Recommendation Needed for a Form 4 Transfer (Interstate)

Sheriff9mm

NES Member
Looking for a dealer recommendation near North Central MA that can take an incoming transfer of an SBR via Form 4 coming out of Pennsylvania. Anybody have any suggestions?

Dealers in MA can take a transfer from out of state, but can not transfer an SBR to a non dealer in state. If this is your gun then you have to have it transferred to a FFL 07 and have that dealer take it out of the registry then transfer to you as receiver only.

Then if you want it to be an SBR again you will have to form 1 it yourself. About 12 months total, and $200 bucks.

Unless it's maybe a gun that you can break up like an ar15 and the ffl isn't required to fa10 it since it isn't a firearm based on the definition in Massachusetts

Unless it's maybe a gun that you can break up like an ar15 and the ffl isn't required to fa10 it since it isn't a firearm based on the definition in Massachusetts

If the gun is in the nfa registry, that would be a federal crime.

If the gun is in the nfa registry, that would be a federal crime.
Not sure you are correct. He gets it transferred via a form 4 then the MA dealer does a 4473 to the OP. No fa10 needed since it isn't by definition a firearm in MA. Tell me illegal there

Not sure you are correct. He gets it transferred via a form 4 then the MA dealer does a 4473 to the OP. No fa10 needed since it isn't by definition a firearm in MA. Tell me illegal there
What about the nfa registry? In your case it would still be tied to the dealer, unless I’m missing something.???

What about the nfa registry? In your case it would still be tied to the dealer, unless I’m missing something.???
Only an NFA item if its in title2 configuration. A stripped lower is not an SBR. If you take your SBR and remove the upper with barrel under 16” and replace with an upper with a barrel that is 16” OAL or greater, for example, you’ve returned your title2 firearm to title1 configuration, eg, not an SBR. When the item no longer meets the physical characteristics of an SBR, it‘s not an SBR. The registry just shows you paid the $200 tax and received approval to acquire/build/possess an/the NFA item.

Only an NFA item if its in title2 configuration. A stripped lower is not an SBR. If you take your SBR and remove the upper with barrel under 16” and replace with an upper with a barrel that is 16” OAL or greater, for example, you’ve returned your title2 firearm to title1 configuration, eg, not an SBR. When the item no longer meets the physical characteristics of an SBR, it‘s not an SBR. The registry just shows you paid the $200 tax and received approval to acquire/build/possess an/the NFA item.
And the stamp allows you to swap at will the ability to make it a NFA item or not.

Back
Top Bottom