Deals and steals

Not sure if its SG or MA that sucks. Doesn't matter to me🤣
I’ve scored some good deals on 223 ammo over the last year or so from SG. They had Tula 223 for like 28 cpr shipped back in the spring.
Yeah they don’t ship to MA but I just ship ammo to the UPS Store in Salem NH. It’s usually a $5 fee but the young kids working there seem to forget to charge me 😂

I’ve scored some good deals on 223 ammo over the last year or so from SG. They had Tula 223 for like 28 cpr shipped back in the spring.
Yeah they don’t ship to MA but I just ship ammo to the UPS Store in Salem NH. It’s usually a $5 fee but the young kids working there seem to forget to charge me 😂
I think I paid exactly one time there. The first couple of times it was that hot young chick who was like "eh dont worry about it" and I was all like...
solo wink.gif

and then the next few times it was just random people so Im thinking, "ummm... ok I guess they just do this for free?" [laugh]

TT usually runs a BF sale too.
so, they updated on what and when - not exactly a breathtaking sale, but, well. i guess a 20% is good enough.

BLACK FRIDAY SALE​

Gold Edition Triggers
Hunter Edition Triggers
20% off the entire site
Starts Thursday @ 5pm EST​

[rofl]

Frickin SG. They suck ass and have done so for the last 2 decades+. Pretty sure they'd not sell a drill bit to a mASSashoozian.

So, just to clarify, you are talking about Sportsman's Guide, and not SG Ammo, correct? I've bought quite a bit from SG Ammo over the years, and they're great to deal with...although I can't say whether they'll ship to MA or not.

Frank

Not sure if its SG or MA that sucks. Doesn't matter to me🤣

It's SG for sure. Not a single possession law pertaining to edged weapons. They keep adding stuff to their "list." They spend more time and resources on banning items to certain states and locales than actually researching those locales.

That said, I stopped buying there 20 years ago when I realized that, for 99% of what they sold, they were the highest-cost provider. Well, no. Far More Expensive Than Dirt was a bit higher on every item. But CTD and SG were 1 and 2 for most expensive price on items.

It's SG for sure. Not a single possession law pertaining to edged weapons. They keep adding stuff to their "list." They spend more time and resources on banning items to certain states and locales than actually researching those locales.

That said, I stopped buying there 20 years ago when I realized that, for 99% of what they sold, they were the highest-cost provider. Well, no. Far More Expensive Than Dirt was a bit higher on every item. But CTD and SG were 1 and 2 for most expensive price on items.
Lol, I'm pretty sure MA sucks more🤣 SG doesn't do this to non sucky states. MA f***s everybody.

Anybody got a lead on Athlon optics black Friday deals? Looking to grab a Cronus with the aprs6 mil reticle. MK machining had a 25%off deal but only aprs1 reticles available ☹️

These are the sporks you need...

I bought them for all my family members and give them on Birthdays...

This has been a big hit.

You shop at PDW? Man, you must stick out like Megan Fox's hammer thumb in your town when out and about.

MassSave is selling smart thermostats at deep discounts:

Basic NEST thermosat for $9.99, EcoBee3 Lite $19.99, Emerson and Honeywell thermostats for $10 to $20. Top of the line NEST for $79, top of the line EcoBee for $99.

That's up to $150+ off retail pricing.
Can you install and run those without connecting them to the Internet/WWW/cloud? Would like a programmable thermostat, and would be OK with programming it, and then disconnecting from network. Anyone know?

MassSave is selling smart thermostats at deep discounts:

Basic NEST thermosat for $9.99, EcoBee3 Lite $19.99, Emerson and Honeywell thermostats for $10 to $20. Top of the line NEST for $79, top of the line EcoBee for $99.

That's up to $150+ off retail pricing.
Are these the real ones? Must be from MASSSAVE right?

Can you install and run those without connecting them to the Internet/WWW/cloud? Would like a programmable thermostat, and would be OK with programming it, and then disconnecting from network. Anyone know?
No. They need to phone home. If they're not connected to wifi they get upset.

You don't have to connect them to your local utility, that's an opt-in thing. Once set up if you want them disconnected from the internet you simply disconnect them from your home-wifi and control them from the touch screen.
Oh they get sassy, but HAL9000 they are not.

I'd keep my old thermostat in a closet as a back-up, but these smart ones allow you to tweak your HVAC system to run so much better they are worth it in savings. Moreso when its an opportunity to recapture your extorted tax dollars.

Anybody got a lead on Athlon optics black Friday deals? Looking to grab a Cronus with the aprs6 mil reticle. MK machining had a 25%off deal but only aprs1 reticles available ☹️

not sure if they have what you need

How so? If I shut down my wifi router, does my heat stop?

Do you have proof that they NEED to be connected to the Internet in order to work?

The .gov has a back door on these thermostats allowing them to turn down heat/cooling as the grid requires. Don't go online for anything important like this.
Cite?

You don't have to connect them to your local utility, that's an opt-in thing. Once set up if you want them disconnected from the internet you simply disconnect them from your home-wifi and control them from the touch screen.

Oh they get sassy, but HAL9000 they are not.

I'd keep my old thermostat in a closet as a back-up, but these smart ones allow you to tweak your HVAC system to run so much better they are worth it in savings. Moreso when its an opportunity to recapture your extorted tax dollars.
This seems to contradict the two quotes above yours. Right now, I have a slightly older, yellowed Honeywell RTH230B. It is a "5+2" I think, which was working fine for me. The buttons are not quite as responsive as they used to be, and it does not light up at night. At some time, I want to replace it. The only thing I would change would to be add lighting at night. Can't seem to find that, everything has tons of bells and whistles.

How so? If I shut down my wifi router, does my heat stop?
Do you have proof that they NEED to be connected to the Internet in order to work?
I have a pair of Nest thermostats in my home. They complain when anything is wrong: wifi disconnected, power isn't reliable on the c wire, etc.

It'll probably work without internet connection. But you won't gain any of the benefits of having smart devices - learning, optimizing to your schedule; remote controls and alerts, etc.

I've been talking with a colleague about trying to develop competitive devices that don't require phoning home, but it's a huge initial lift, and most of the market has demonstrated that it doesn't care enough about the difference.
There are optional tools to connect to your utility. I have no info about any back doors to be able to either confirm or deny.
This seems to contradict the two quotes above yours.
I'm sure he's literally correct.

At that point, you would be better served by traditional programmables, which are still available and can be had for free or near to it through mass save.

Back
Top Bottom