Deals and steals

Mmmm. That NOCO might be nice. Might. I've had too many "Battery backup" items that weren't needed for 2 years and the battery decides to defecate the comforter and fitted sheets. That's teh only reason I've not gotten one before. But it would be nice to have just-in-case - especially for the boat.

Mmmm. That NOCO might be nice. Might. I've had too many "Battery backup" items that weren't needed for 2 years and the battery decides to defecate the comforter and fitted sheets. That's teh only reason I've not gotten one before. But it would be nice to have just-in-case - especially for the boat.

I have one in each vehicle, I have used them to jump cars and truck, ATV's, even my boat one day...

I have several from a company called Hulkman. I swear they probably all come from the same factory in China and companies stick different names on them. I have used them successfully on a few vehicles, however they are not going to start everything everytime. I got called out to help a friend on this last Saturday morning when it was below zero. I tried the Hulkman and it failed. When I hooked it up it went from 100% to 30% in about 10 seconds. The BMW I was trying to start has an enormous primary battery along with a smaller auxiliary battery and they were both stone dead and sucked the jump pack dry. Had to break out the good jumper cables and go straight to the battery for 1/2 hour before the vehicle would even think about cranking.

Oh I get it. But my problem is I've bought maybe 20 UPS systems (the majority were APC, so not junk) in teh last 20 years. Well, maybe 15 in the 10 years before 10 years ago. I stopped buying them. Each and every one of them, after two years of being plugged in and not used - will up and die on you. So when the power DOES go out, so does your device. I hate paying $75 for something that when I actually need it, won't work.

The boat is what I'm thinking of. If I think the main battery is going kaput, instead of trying to string a line out to it, just plug it into that for a bit and recharge it. (Boat stays in teh water from April 15-Sept 15 every year. 9.9hp motor. No alternator AFAIK.)

Inov-8 shoes is having an insane sale right now. Normally $190, on sale for $50. Check it out.

Look pretty good, a bit narrow for my wide feet but I'll give them a go.
7016D61E-F9A0-4384-BD59-17ED8A8BBB0E.jpeg

Look pretty good, a bit narrow for my wide feet but I'll give them a go.
Wear with thick wool socks to break them in. Amazing you got those for just $50! I wouldve gotten a pair myself but the sale didnt have my size :(

You could prob ebay those and make a 300% profit.

Oh I get it. But my problem is I've bought maybe 20 UPS systems (the majority were APC, so not junk) in teh last 20 years. Well, maybe 15 in the 10 years before 10 years ago. I stopped buying them. Each and every one of them, after two years of being plugged in and not used - will up and die on you. So when the power DOES go out, so does your device. I hate paying $75 for something that when I actually need it, won't work.

The boat is what I'm thinking of. If I think the main battery is going kaput, instead of trying to string a line out to it, just plug it into that for a bit and recharge it. (Boat stays in teh water from April 15-Sept 15 every year. 9.9hp motor. No alternator AFAIK.)
What kind of UPS only costs $75? Not a good one. I assume you're talking about the low end consumer stuff.

What kind of UPS only costs $75? Not a good one. I assume you're talking about the low end consumer stuff.

RCF - I'm comparing the APC units that I've bought in teh past that toasted their batteries after 2 years of "use" to the $75 NoCoMoCoCoMoRoBo battery thing that's. . . a battery that gets left plugged in all the time and will very likely shit the bed after 2 years of no use.

I can't see people who are constantly charging this vehicle and that one. "Had to jump the truck yesterday." In 2023?? You know to change your auto battery every 4-5 years no matter what. Buy quality. Watch the electro-meter-thingy on occasion if you've got one in your vehicle. I can't tell you the last time I jumped a vehicle in my family.

Ergo, while I think this could be helpful, I believe that my $75 will be wasted in toxic chemicals before I use it just once.

We use these for our office computers. I have one that is at least 6 years old. Replaced the battery once. Other two are 4 years and 2 years. They've been very dependable. We lose power 5-10 times a year.

a $300 UPS that is a $10 electrical board with components and a replaceable $100 APCRBC163 battery, that is in fact a combination of 2 12V lead-acid motorcycle $15 batteries.
an ultimate APC stunt. love it.
many profit, such revenue

rNAOEpl9TUJwXoDtwE4EohBf1GrMEYCKIvYK9J6FLLgByTYBC5fIDb_V75_tFZakfrF_ClBWBEUDh6e0IpzbAVnhRyULRjcvyxRFhoPLqfwcmTAhFQNk9DHqX4-T8yKQ3Ee2llVcnk4P=s0-d-e1-ft

After taking OSHA 30 i learned that i should keep my hard hat on while fixing the chipper.
I legit saw two guys stamping on a blockage on top of a live woodchipper at a construction site. Immediately notified the Superintendent and got out of there.

Learn that ladders on lifts are ok
The guys that do that are the same geniuses that think a typical passenger elevator can handle a skyjack and a drywall cart at the same time because they made them fit somehow.

I legit saw two guys stamping on a blockage on top of a live woodchipper at a construction site. Immediately notified the Superintendent and got out of there.

The guys that do that are the same geniuses that think a typical passenger elevator can handle a skyjack and a drywall cart at the same time because they made them fit somehow.
What am i gonna do take 2 trips

View attachment 719462
After taking OSHA 30 i learned that i should keep my hard hat on while fixing the chipper.

I have that same chipper at work. He is in no danger at all. That thing sticking out on the left side of the machine, above the cone, is the door that covers the drum and knife assy. In order to open it you have to disconnect the lockout plug before you can remove the pin that allows it to open. Every time you change the blades or reset their distance from the bedding block you have to go in like that to use the feeler gauge. I've been in exactly that position more time than I could count.

You also go in like that to clear it when a piece gets jammed in at a 90 deg. angle to the chute. If the branch is short enough, it will get shoved in by the feeder drum and then get machined smooth by the knives. Now it is well and truly wedged in there. It is a real PITA to get out. That is probably exactly what he is dealing with in the pic.

eBay has a deal on the Volquartsen Hammer Kit and Bolt Release for $27 including shipping.

I have installed this hammer kit on another 10/22 that I own. It reduced the trigger pull, to about half the stock weight.

Update: 02/16/23 I just installed the hammer kit, with included bolt release. Personally I feel like the trigger is slightly better

than the RUGER BX-Trigger; at about a 1/3 the cost. It's not hard to install... took about 20 minutes, using a YouTube video.

Last edited:
eBay has a deal on the Volquartsen Hammer Kit and Bolt Release for $27 including shipping.

I have installed this hammer kit on another 10/22 that I own. It reduced the trigger pull, to about half the stock weight.
For anyone looking at this, be aware it does not fit the Thompson Center TCR22. That and the Ruger share most all replacement parts except the hammer. I tried.

Back
Top Bottom