Deals and steals

I don't know anything about rifles, how much of a hassle would it be to purchase the rest of an AR to finish a build and how much am I looking at?

I don't know anything about rifles, how much of a hassle would it be to purchase the rest of an AR to finish a build and how much am I looking at?

You're in the PRM. Unless you already have a registered lower, be prepared to pay through the nose for one someone in MA has that he's willing to sell. Thanks to Healey, not available in stores. Everything else is, though.

Last edited:
Interesting responses in this thread. When I asked about Stoner uppers a couple of months ago, some said run, not walk away from them. So, what gives?

Last edited:
Interesting responses in this thread. When I asked about Stoner uppers a couple of months ago, some said run, not walk away from them. So, what gives?

Eh...for $230 for a complete upper with BCG and charging handle, I'll take a chance. I did a search for the thread you referred to, had to wade thru a bunch of Gary Johnson posts.[rofl] I did find it, and finish and so so gas key staking seemed to be the big issues.

Eh...for $230 for a complete upper with BCG and charging handle, I'll take a chance. I did a search for the thread you referred to, had to wade thru a bunch of Gary Johnson posts.[rofl] I did find it, and finish and so so gas key staking seemed to be the big issues.

In my earlier thread they were $299, so for $229 it's worth buying one just to piss Maura off, since I have a couple of pre-7/20 lowers hanging around. (Yeah, I know, it has some pre-ban (1994) features on it for us M*******s to be concerned about.)

How come I can't type m a s s h o l e s without it turning to asterisks? [laugh]

Last edited:
For 229 buy it beat it toss it....
What are you guys paying for shipping.....I find often midway deals ruined by shipping cost.

In my earlier thread they were $299, so for $229 it's worth buying one just to piss Maura off, since I have a couple of pre-7/20 lowers hanging around. (Yeah, I know, it has some pre-ban (1994) features on it for us M*******s to be concerned about.)

How come I can't type m a s s h o l e s without it turning to asterisks? [laugh]

Use a '@' instead of an 'a'. [grin]

I don't need another upper, but this is a good deal. Midway is a stand-up company and will back what they sell. So will Brownells, FWIW...

What I found works for getting cheaper shipping from Midway is to hit the link for free shipping items at the top of the page scroll down near the bottom and hit "shop all free shipping." Then sort by price low to high and find some cheap item (you can grab the cheapest thing you can find or look for something useful, there is a Cold Steel pairing knife for $6 that I got last time). This will reduce your shipping cost, in the case of the AR upper being discussed here it goes down to $4.20 for me so if I grab like a $2 item it works out to a net shipping savings of ~$4. If you get that knife you end up paying $0.20 for the knife.

What I found works for getting cheaper shipping from Midway is to hit the link for free shipping items at the top of the page scroll down near the bottom and hit "shop all free shipping." Then sort by price low to high and find some cheap item (you can grab the cheapest thing you can find or look for something useful, there is a Cold Steel pairing knife for $6 that I got last time). This will reduce your shipping cost, in the case of the AR upper being discussed here it goes down to $4.20 for me so if I grab like a $2 item it works out to a net shipping savings of ~$4. If you get that knife you end up paying $0.20 for the knife.

That is simply GREAT

Back
Top Bottom