Deals and steals

They must be busy, I ordered a complete upper with a 16" stainless barrel 6 weeks ago, still no word on when it will ship.

my last RRA upper took something like 6 weeks to ship But they did come through. My guess is inventory is limiting, could always call them to see what they have readily available. the good news is they haven’t yet increased prices On their uppers.

Coincidentally while looking for something else I saw that SOG Knives has the Zoom on sale for $77.99 ($97.95) it is an assisted opening, 3.6" AUS-8 blade, 8.3" overall, partially serrated, drop point, Black TiNI finish.

I bought one when they were $99 and carry it every day it is light weight, tough, opens quick, feels great in the hand....YMMV
Full disclosure they are made in Taiwan, parts might be assembled in USA not sure, the company has made stuff in Japan, Taiwan, and USA.

Here is the post I made about it in the Knife forum back in 8/2018 thing works as good as new.

🐯

Not a fantastic deal, probably won't last long, but better than anything the last couple of weeks... 8¢/round for 22lr....

At $154 not a deal other than they have been hard to find otherwise, and when I say they I mean 10.5 inch barrels in general.

Back in stock at Brownells

Faxon 10.5" SOCOM Profile AR15 barrel, 5.56 NATO

🐯

Honestly, I think a 50+" TV was something like $300 or so at BJ's last time I was there. My TV is fine, but I'm going MEGA huge next one. MEGA. I wanna see nose-hairs on the actors. LOL.

Now, that $300 50+" TV might not be the best. But I'm betting you could get near "best" south of $500.

EDIT - Phillips and Vizio - both sub $300 for 55".Vizio 65 is $450. Damn.

$88 is nice. But not necessary.

My first flat-screen was something like $2,200. It was a floor model so it was down to $1400. Then I had some sort of sale on top of that. And then I acquired (I forget how) a PILE of Circuit City cards so I think my out-of-pocket was $600. For a $2,200 plasma TV. My FIL still has it. 12 years ago????

TV before that was a 32" tube for $450.

TV after that was a 40-something LED for $500 or so.

Next will be 50+ for sub 500.

Honestly, I think a 50+" TV was something like $300 or so at BJ's last time I was there. My TV is fine, but I'm going MEGA huge next one. MEGA. I wanna see nose-hairs on the actors. LOL.

Now, that $300 50+" TV might not be the best. But I'm betting you could get near "best" south of $500.

EDIT - Phillips and Vizio - both sub $300 for 55".Vizio 65 is $450. Damn.

$88 is nice. But not necessary.

My first flat-screen was something like $2,200. It was a floor model so it was down to $1400. Then I had some sort of sale on top of that. And then I acquired (I forget how) a PILE of Circuit City cards so I think my out-of-pocket was $600. For a $2,200 plasma TV. My FIL still has it. 12 years ago????

TV before that was a 32" tube for $450.

TV after that was a 40-something LED for $500 or so.

Next will be 50+ for sub 500.
I just picked up a Vizio 50 inch LED TV for $288 that was 4K, 120 Hz refresh rate, full array LEDs, and 3 HDMI inputs for my sons birthday. This was to replace a similar spec TV that I paid $598 for a couple years ago. My first LCD flat screen I bought 12 years ago cost me $1500. Prices are insanely low for TVs.

level IV plates at LAPG

I actually got my 2 plates from them this week. LAPG took a week to ship but after they were they came in about 4 days. They look and feel great and are lighter than the 3A plates I was using before. The only issue I found is the curve on them is more pronounced than my 3A plates. I put them in LAPGs low vis plate carrier which is great and seems to allow for you to wear them under a baggy sweatshirt or other clothes (can't confirm....just haven't tried). For the price, I recommend them.

I actually got my 2 plates from them this week. LAPG took a week to ship but after they were they came in about 4 days. They look and feel great and are lighter than the 3A plates I was using before. The only issue I found is the curve on them is more pronounced than my 3A plates. I put them in LAPGs low vis plate carrier which is great and seems to allow for you to wear them under a baggy sweatshirt or other clothes (can't confirm....just haven't tried). For the price, I recommend them.
Why do they only have a 5 year shelf life? What would make a plate go bade sitting on a shelf

Why do they only have a 5 year shelf life? What would make a plate go bade sitting on a shelf
For plastics, degradation starts as soon as it leaves the mold. This occurs to all plastics and is sped up with different environmental conditions (think high heat, humidity, exposure to sunlight, etc.). Plus there is epoxy used to solidify and combine smaller pieces that will also degrade over time which may also cause degradation in what the armor can stop.

Back
Top Bottom