Deals and steals

Sig doesn't have a great warranty on their optics, if you care about that kind of thing.
Same with their guns (compared to Glock,, S&W and probably Ruger). It is a company more dedicated to preservation of the profit on each individual sale rather than customer satisfaction even when it costs.

How's the rangefinder. I saw a bunch of mixed reviews, so I didn't order it yet. Tell me you tried it out.
Haven’t had a chance to use it on the range, but it seems to work well out in my fields. I much prefer it to my Leupold RX-850i TBR. Mostly because of the variable brightness red display versus the Leupold’s simple black display, which gets lost in dark fir trees and low light conditions. I’ve used it to range known distances out to 500 meters and it is accurate and fast at those ranges. It also seems to be pretty discerning (i.e. able to pick a particular object out of the clutter). I’ve got it to range out to 1,500 meters, but I’ve not confirmed the accuracy at this range.

I’ve hooked it up to the Sig BDX app on my iPhone, seems to work OK but the range finder must be in ABU mode to get the BDX app to give you a firing solution and that limits you to 800 yards. Also it seems there is no way to get the BDX app to accept data from the Kestrel app (still researching this). It would be nice if the BDX app could get the weather data from the Kestrel directly instead of me having to transfer it manually. The Kilo 2400 and above will connect directly to a Kestrel Elite, but then as far as I can tell you can’t connect to the BDX scope (the range finder can attache to only one bluetooth device at a time). So that’s what I want to play with, see how the BDX scope can work with the BDX app, the BDX Range Finder and my Kestrel 5500 Link to give me as much of an automated firing solution as I can get. Right now it looks like I’ll have to enter in the weather data from the Kestrel by hand.

The Hornady app I’ve got will accept the data directly from the Kestrel, but it won’t talk to the BDX app or scope.

So it looks like I take the readings from the Kestrel and manually enter them into the BDX app which should then illuminate the correct holdover dot snd give me the wind correction factor, but only for a max range of 800 yards.

ETA I say “only 800 yards” when I plan to try this on my LR 308 build that I probably will only shoot at 3-400 meters at most, more often only 200.

Last edited:
Same with their guns (compared to Glock,, S&W and probably Ruger). It is a company more dedicated to preservation of the profit on each individual sale rather than customer satisfaction even when it costs.

You can thank Kimber’s CEO for that.

Having used Vortex’s warranty service due to user damage, I have no hesitation recommending them.
In fact, their new Strike Eagle 5-25x is remarkable side by side with my Razor 4.5-27 and I’m not kidding when I say its the best scope I’ve seen for $700.

You can thank Kimber’s CEO for that.

Having used Vortex’s warranty service due to user damage, I have no hesitation recommending them.
In fact, their new Strike Eagle 5-25x is remarkable side by side with my Razor 4.5-27 and I’m not kidding when I say its the best scope I’ve seen for $700.
Furthermore, Vortex does not add "except for electronics which are limited to one year" fine print to its lifetime warranty.

That is the worst part of Sig’s warranty. Buy a red dot and the “electronics” die after 18 months? On your own.

Eff that.
Same thing with guns. Imaging a gun splits along the rail after the official warranty period:

Glock: WTF? This shouldn't happen, you'll get a new frame
S&W"? Lifetime warranty
Ruger? We have no warranty but here is you replacement gun
Sig: That gun had an acceptable service life. We'll sell you a used one at full market value if you would like.

As to the electronics - every vendor I know of other than Vortex excludes electronics from the "lifetime" - even the $$$ Swavorski Z6i scope.

The reason it is possible for Vortex to offer such a great warranty is that for some items, most likely including Asian import scopes rebranded under a US name, the actual incremental cost is far lower than you would imaging - probably something like 20% or less of MSRP.

Considering that this thread started with Midway USA AR Stoner complete uppers for $229, this doesn’t look like much of a deal. But given the current situation and the fact that it’s in stock, this isn’t too bad of a deal for someone looking to complete a lower-end AR build, particularly if its their first build and they don’t want to get into the complexities of building an upper.

It does come with a 1x7 chrome lined barrel and it’s not MPI but from what I’ve seen Del-Ton has an “OK” reputation and it is in stock. Even in MA you can get a stripped lower for under $200. With a cheap LPK, rear sight and stock you could come in around $700 (of course in MA you’d have to replace the A2 with a pinned brake, probably add another $70 to $100 to the cost). If you can build it based on an old 80% lower and do you own brake (or live in a free state) you could probably come in around $600.

If you need a complete lower parts kits Primary Arms has Anderson's in stock for $42.99

I wanted two kits and chose to go with Luth-AR kits from Brownells as it worked out cheaper for me with a $10 coupon code (PTT) and I get free shipping (Edge).

🐯

(of course in MA you’d have to replace the A2 with a pinned brake, probably add another $70 to $100 to the cost). If you can build it based on an old 80% lower and do you own brake (or live in a free state) you could probably come in around $600
You don't need a brake. Just get a regular barrel, even better if it has a crown. One less thing to buy or think about.

Considering that this thread started with Midway USA AR Stoner complete uppers for $229, this doesn’t look like much of a deal. But given the current situation and the fact that it’s in stock, this isn’t too bad of a deal for someone looking to complete a lower-end AR build, particularly if its their first build and they don’t want to get into the complexities of building an upper.

It does come with a 1x7 chrome lined barrel and it’s not MPI but from what I’ve seen Del-Ton has an “OK” reputation and it is in stock. Even in MA you can get a stripped lower for under $200. With a cheap LPK, rear sight and stock you could come in around $700 (of course in MA you’d have to replace the A2 with a pinned brake, probably add another $70 to $100 to the cost). If you can build it based on an old 80% lower and do you own brake (or live in a free state) you could probably come in around $600.

Sine you have to pin the birdcage anyhow, might as well get a shorty with a keymod HG for $150 less and get a MD you like with the extra money. Use code GUNSNGEAR at checkout and it's only $240. The link won't preview but it is a 13.5 in flattop with a KM HG. It is back-orderable and supposed to be available in a week.

ETA: I just looked at it again and it does not include a BCG or CH.

mail

Baldr mini light/red laser combo under $100. I have one in green and I paid $130 for mine, works great so far and I've seen nothing but good reviews from others

Just some strange history about this deal. Hensoldt is related to Zeiss through a ridiculously complex set of transactions. It started when Zeiss bought the original Hensoldt in 1928 and used the name for their military optics till around 2007 when they changed it to Carl Zeiss Optronics GmbH. In 2012 Zeiss sold a majority interest in Carl Zeiss Optronics to EADS Cassidian, part of the European Aeronautic Defence and Space group and it became Cassidian Optronics. In 2014 Cassidian acquired the remaining 24.9% from Zeiss and Cassidian Optronics became a 100% subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space. In 2017 Airbus sold this business unit to the US financial investor KKR for 1.1 billion euros. Since then the company has been known as Hensoldt AG. Carl Zeiss Sports Optics has been the US distributor of the Hensoldt line of rifle scopes since 2011.

Now Hensoldt has the reputation of having some of the best military class optics in the business. This particular scope is a deal because it is kind of weird. It was supposedly a special for an EU military that wanted 0.05 mil clicks instead of the standard 0.1 mil clicks. So they got their 0.05 mil clicks but they didn’t change the turret markings, so that 10 clicks are marked a 1 (as in ten 0.1 clicks equals 1 mil), but on this scope 10 clicks equals 0.5 mil, 20 clicks equal 1 mil but that will bring you to the 2 mark. So you have to divide the turret markings by 2 to get the actual mils. Also, it’s an old design and doesn’t have a zero stop. It also has a SFP mil-dot reticle set for the 12X magnification, so again you have to deal with a factor of 2 if you want to use it at full power (24x) or low power (6x). At 24x your reticle subtensions will be half what they are at 12x, at 6x they will be double. So if you can live with the weird turret and reticle issues, you can get a scope with glass that is supposed to be as good or better than a Schmidt - Bender for about half normal price.

I honestly do not know anything about these sights so you will have to know if they are appropriate for you needs.

Use code: SIG20 for an additional 20% off.

Sig Sauer Romeo Zero micro reflex sight in 3 MOA or 6 MOA - final price $159.99
Sig Sauer ROMEO ZERO Reflex Sight for P365XL Pistols

Same code for the Romeo MSR red dot - final price - $95.96

Same code for the Romeo MSR green dot - final price - $103.96

🐯

UoR_q7_woTACaQU4Ds2_K_OG47ZYpYm52S2jsRpZjO3Vicz0Pf5wz7TRo9xM8sTP_FLvUTwVzvaKJEvlf-3OxCyoDqXV46F-cXSYYwI2gQNgOpzBokKCXxc3bWA2E2-0apDcRvb9QKb5k7VUbDz_tTldZ4riEg=s0-d-e1-ft
ug1uhcLrlXr7Np3VxulydKwQ6YjsIOp510ye5Oh6p3pchLawk5PoJzlIHu4iuITqKNUfS00NQ0I4y6aRFiSAvvR--mtlAIm0xfZ6Qg9h6ARJVXSNSIVIkwGeIHvguNc-djle4dnbSW-niikqXm3kmGRE9-xpEw=s0-d-e1-ft
Take advantage of this sale and save 25% off all items site wide! Sale is active from Thursday April 15th thru Monday April 19th @ midnight.

To take advantage of this sale simply use code "FLASH" during checkout.

Current estimated build time on all orders is 14 business days. We will send you the tracking info as soon as the label is on the package.

8000 Lumen Rechargeable Flashlight with 10000 mAH Jump Starter and Power Bank​

$89.99
(limit 5 per order)
$119.99
Save $30.00 (25%)

Today only

The UltraTec-8000 10000 mAh Lithium Powered Flashlight/Vehicle Jump Starter/Power Bank features a powerful 6 mode 8000 Lumens flashlight, an 800 Amp jump starter and a 10000 mAh Rechargeable power bank with 2 USB ports to power and charge your USB devices. Its rugged aircraft aluminum construction and water proof rear hinge makes it practically indestructible. The 3 Cree LED flashlight has 6 modes: Turbo (8000 Lumens), High (3000 Lumens), Medium (1500 Lumens), Low (150 Lumens), Strobe, S.O.S.

• Super bright with 6 modes: 8000 Lumens LED sweep bright light up to 1968 ft. features 6 adaptable settings: turbo / high / medium / low / strobe / SOS
  • Rechargeable: USB-C recharge port built-in for your convenience, charge from either a 12-Volt cigarette lighter adapter or wall charger unit
  • 10,000 mAh power bank: charge your phone, tablet or any USB device anytime anywhere with 2 built-in USB ports
  • Jump starter: 800 Amp jump starter starts gas engines up to 4 l or diesel engines up to 3 l 25-times on a single charge
  • Multi-color power button: power button displays different colors to indicate power level
  • Long-lasting: up to 30-hours of powerful brightness from 10,000 mAh rechargeable battery
  • Tough and reliable: durable aircraft aluminum body endures rough handling
  • Waterproof: new innovative water-resistant hinged back cover with integrated seal

I’ve no experience with this particular jig but for those of you who foolishly waited to start the 80% gig:

Back
Top Bottom