• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Just got my 3. Mounted one on the Savage Rascal I received yesterday. Mounted it to the rear scope base. AWESOME! Suppressed, shooting CCI Quiets, so no sound or recoil. It seems to have passed the "drop test"...when I rolled the rifle over whilst mounting it, and it hit the hardwood floor from 30"!

I ordered a few of the Pinty specials and they arrived today. As others have mentioned, well worth the $6. Even the little case they come in is pretty decent. An unexpected bonus is that the turret caps have the same threading as the one I lost for my Romeo5. Sig wants $20 for that silly little cap shipped, and I now have a few spares as well as the red dots they came on! Win!

IMG_0447.jpg

Beretta parts online has a code MOM25 for 25% off only the math must be screwed up 'cos it's been giving folks 50% off. Jump in before it gets fixed!

berettausa.com
I ordered some magazines earlier, didn't really look at the total. Apparently I got the super discount. It'll be interesting if they don't cancel it.

I ordered some magazines earlier, didn't really look at the total. Apparently I got the super discount. It'll be interesting if they don't cancel it.
They never cancel it. It's probably on top of a site-wide or product category discount. BUSA is 100% like this. Every now and then the planets align.

Picked up a few of the six buck pinty's, probably like most others here, just because.
Seemed odd to put such a small/odd 1620 battery in there considering the overall cavity is typical of 2032 size and turns out the only limiting factor is the threaded ring surrounding it.
Unfortunately the wrench slots prevent the oem ring from being opened up enough without breaking it in half so I popped out a few larger id rings on the lathe and a 2032 fits in there just fine. Because I can, I guess...

FYI for anyone wanting to do same, I don't have metric threading gears on my lathe so found that 32tpi worked fine as opposed to the .8mm pitch of the original.

Attachments

• pinty cr2032 conv.JPG
    pinty cr2032 conv.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 29
Do you pickle them? :) they aren’t that great, after all.
Its a decent cheap RDS. I took it to the range yesterday on steel plates. Ran perfectly fine on 9 and 22 AR setups. Easy to zero. Sleek and compact. It's getting good feedback from full-price reviewers on amazon.

Back
Top Bottom