• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

So, all the "BCG's" that have come through here recently, are any of them any good? So many people quick to complain about anything that is inexpensive (a "deal"). Just curious which of the ones posted will hold up over time.

So, all the "BCG's" that have come through here recently, are any of them any good? So many people quick to complain about anything that is inexpensive (a "deal"). Just curious which of the ones posted will hold up over time.
I bought the $79 nickel boron AR15 BCG from DurkinTactical and it looks legit. Gas keys are properly staked, locking lugs are sharp, firing pin floats freely and has good primer penetration. Not long ago I was paying double that for the same thing.

I know they don't ship to Massganistan, but for the free staters or guys with friends in those places especially if you're a southpaw
Rock river does, and their Uppers crap all over stag
Stag won't even ship parts to MA.
But Rock River had the whole supporting gun control in Illinois fiasco with the faux Springfield Armory a while back. I wouldn't deal with either.

It will only take 4 months to get it.

so. I’m willing to wait to have a quality product. Shit a form 4 takes 9+ months nowadays.
RRA quality / price blows away most other manufacturers. Who is in a hurry for an upper. Not me.

and this other nonsense about RRA and IL gun control. Who cares at this point. Old news. Illinois is already trashed with anti laws. The list of shady businesses is very long and for those stuck in MA beggars cannot be choosers.

Complete upper with mid length gas upper, pinned FSB, chrome lined barrel for $540 shipped.…yeah count me in

my CAR A4 upper has something around 6k rounds including the past 1k suppressed. Borescope shows solid rifling and only trace gas port erosion. In fairness I had to change the extractor spring to improve ejection pattern, but that’s more a function of running suppressed than anything else.

Last edited:
so. I’m willing to wait to have a quality product. Shit a form 4 takes 9+ months nowadays.
RRA quality / price blows away most other manufacturers. Who is in a hurry for an upper. Not me.

and this other nonsense about RRA and IL gun control. Who cares at this point. Old news. Illinois is already trashed with anti laws. The list of shady businesses is very long and for those stuck in MA beggars cannot be choosers.

Complete upper with mid length gas upper, pinned FSB, chrome lined barrel for $540 shipped.…yeah count me in

my CAR A4 upper has something around 6k rounds including the past 1k suppressed. Borescope shows solid rifling and only trace gas port erosion. In fairness I had to change the extractor spring to improve ejection pattern, but that’s more a function of running suppressed than anything else.
You are entitled to your opinion and your likes. Id rather pay 200 more and get a bcm in quick fashion.

You are entitled to your opinion and your likes. Id rather pay 200 more and get a bcm in quick fashion.

200 more? BCM makes decent uppers but their prices are high for the quality and their CS is nonexistent. they also do not ship to MA which is Shit policy that I try not to support. In 2012 BCM was worth the price tag but the industry standards have progressed. I run several BCM rifles including suppressed. Very happy with them but their only unique product is the handguard. for the price tag the gas blocks should be pinned, but they’re not. There are also many reports of their barrels lasting only a few k rounds before the throat being toast and needing replacement.

Last edited:
i say - try it, and return it if it will not be good enough for what you want.
1-10x scopes are still rare and in between. 1-8x are more common now, you can also look at comparable ones:

it really would be great to look at them at some store - as you will see how prices differ compared to what glass diff you actually can see/detect visually.
I don’t know, it seems to me that the 24mm objective on just about any scope will be a limiting factor. IMO, anything over 1-8 should just go with a bigger objective and go with an RMR (or similar) piggybacked at 45 degrees. If you want me to take a 10x scope seriously, you gotta offer some FOV, which you’re not going to get sufficiently of to be useful in any situation but range time.

to be useful in any situation but range time
i do not think any of current 1-10x LPVO scopes were intended for anything other than to be used at fun range time or a 3gun competition.
as of 24mm objective - it keep the scope weight down, which is also a big factor.

all i can say - comparing 1-6x with 1-10x the diff is huge and it makes precise shooting up to 200yds very doable. to see and hit the bullseye of a target at 200yds with 6x is not quite simple.

Last edited:
UPDATE: 9/21 Had the Litefighter out and it is brand new as seller quoted and every stitch/zipper/velcro/tab is first rate.

UPDATE: 9/11 Same seller has "Lightly Used Tents" like below for $159.99 (4 in stock at this time)
Used TAN Litefighter 1 Individual Shelter Tent | eBay

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ebay has the Litefighter 1 tent (UPDATE: 0 available at this time) in TAN for a very low $189.99 +tax (normally priced at $334)

Seller says they are "New-Unused"...

Great price on a very lightweight 3-season military tent.

TAN Litefighter 1 Individual Shelter Tent | eBay

1631249080910.png
1631249100452.png
1631249192540.png
1631387643124.png

Here's one review:
I used the Litefighter 1 for the first time while camping for five days in Oklahoma. This tent was put to the test with both >50 MPH wind gusts and > 2 inches of rain in a 24-hour period. This tent was a resounding success.
During the night I'd hear the wind pick up and think, "this is it...this tent is going to blow over." It never did. It kept me dry the entire trip.
The integrated bug net was an excellent feature as the mosquitoes were out in full force after the storm. Sure, it's spendy at $309.95, but it is worth every penny. It can be used with the bug shelter alone for sleeping under the stars, or with the rain shield. Either way, it weighs slightly more than 5 pounds, and provides over 18 square feet of space.
I wholeheartedly give this 2 thumbs up, and 5 stars.

Last edited:

@djbradles What were these going for a year or so ago? Didn't you pick one of these up?

cheapest I’ve ever seen them was $450. They were usually $500. However even at $550 they’re a solid value considering its a complete short stroke piston upper. An even better value is a complete PWS Mk116 pro upper for $800. Those are available and probably the finest stoner rifle upper in piston format.

in past year ive been corrupted into a PWS whore. These guys really innovate rather than 99% of the industry that slaps new logos and marketing hype on the same old crap. The guys who answer the phone at PWS are also helpful and cool. A big plus.

if you’re eyeing the wolf A1 upper I think you’ll be happy with it.

Last edited:
cheapest I’ve ever seen them was $450. They were usually $500. However even at $550 they’re a solid value considering its a complete short stroke piston upper. An even better value is a complete PWS Mk116 pro upper for $800. Those are available and probably the finest stoner rifle upper in piston format.

in past year ive been corrupted into a PWS whore. These guys really innovate rather than 99% of the industry that slaps new logos and marketing hype on the same old crap. The guys who answer the phone at PWS are also helpful and cool. A big plus.

if you’re eyeing the wolf A1 upper I think you’ll be happy with it.

I’ve been itching to pick up a pws 11.85 upper for a pistol build. Everyone loves their stuff.

Console Vault is having a 20% off anniversary sale. Use code CV20YEAR. I have one in both my F350 and my Subaru Ascent, great place to store you gun when you need to go to the Post Office.

AIMSURPLUS GLOCK 19 BARREL- RAINBOW​

ITEM #: XAIMGB19RB
BRAND: AimSurplus

$89.95

XAIMGB19RB-2__33239.1629310616.png

(If you are into rainbow barrels)

So I've been looking for an inexpensive lithium impact wrench to stick in the truck for the sole purpose of doing lug nuts. Really didn't need anything super high quality or powerful for just this use.

Lowes is clearancing Bosch Impact drivers which also have a 1/2" hex on them. 1800 inch pounds(AKA 150 foot pounds). Comes with battery, charger, and bag.

YMMV Bosch Freak Impact driver/Wrench 1/2" with 4ah Core battery and Charger $59.27

Bosch Freak Core18v 1/2-in Variable Speed Brushless Cordless Impact Driver (1-Batteries) - Lowe's Inventory Checker - BrickSeek

They show as 199 on the website, but were marked 79.57 at the store I went to.

IMG_0458.jpg

M1 carbine mags on clearance at Larry's. I'm not an M1 guy so I have no idea how good this deal is, showed up in my inbox and I'm passing it along

Back
Top Bottom