Deals and steals

My buddy just ordered 10 of them😂

I have a S&W H.R.T. (the initial version 1.0 of that type of operation knife). Its similar to the current model. I bought it like about maybe 8 years ago (+/-).
Neat little knife & concept (sort of a spring assisted operation once you "start" to push-on the side-slide-tab).
It opens pretty fast. You push slide tab-button, to assist in it "starting" the opening operation, so its not an actual "push button" like how an auto kife would operate.

Kind of a light-use utility blade. The housing is aluminum. I carried it for a little while but the non-recessed side-tab-button dug into my leg (the clip is on the opposite side & mounts at only 1 location, so you don't have any other pocket carry options).
I still have it and it still operates as it did the day I bought it.

I am sure the new/current S&W OTF models are a bit more sleek and re-fined.

Last edited:
I have a S&W H.R.T. (the initial version 1.0 of that type of operation knife). Its similar to the current model. I bought it like about maybe 8 years ago (+/-).
Neat little knife & concept (sort of a spring assisted operation once you "start" to push-on the side-slide-tab).
It opens pretty fast. You push slide tab-button, to assist in it "starting" the opening operation, so its not an actual "push button" like how an auto kife would operate.

Kind of a light-use utility blade. The housing is aluminum. I carried it for a little while but the non-recessed side-tab-button dug into my leg (the clip is on the opposite side & mounts at only 1 location, so you don't have any other pocket carry options).
Thanks for the info!

I need a new light knife, I snapped off the tip of my Kershaw yesterday. I dropped it while open and it must have landed wrong and the tip snapped off.

I need a new light knife, I snapped off the tip of my Kershaw yesterday. I dropped it while open and it must have landed wrong and the tip snapped off.
I've snapped-off the tip on about 3 Kershaw leeks. I ground them down and re-sharpened them, but then they won't lock up. So they went into the safe and I bought a new one. The leeks are super-sharp. You don't want one opening up in your pocket unknowingly. I sliced-up my right palm once years ago because of that.

These knives are not the best but I consider it a cheap beater knife for the price.
If I buy a $200 knife I’m guarenteed to either lose or break in within a month but the cheap $5 knives from Walmart or the bait shop are still in great condition after 10 years. I couldn’t lose a cheap knife if i dropped it in the ocean.

Last edited:
I typically buy and carry a Kershaw Blur. I get them from the kershaw guy as bless for much cheaper than anywhere else.

I've snapped-off the tip on about 3 Kershaw leeks. I ground them down and re-sharpened them, but then they won't lock up. So they went into the safe and I bought a new one. The leeks are super-sharp. You don't want one opening up in your pocket unknowingly. I sliced-up my right palm once years ago because of that.
I was going to grind it down but
I typically buy and carry a Kershaw Blur. I get them from the kershaw guy as bless for much cheaper than anywhere else.
Prices have gone nuts. I think I paid around $24 for my leek a few years ago. I have a bunch of knives kicking around but the leek was good if I was dressing up and needed a light knife in my pocket.

Prices have gone nuts. I think I paid around $24 for my leek a few years ago. I have a bunch of knives kicking around but the leek was good if I was dressing up and needed a light knife in my pocket.
Costs of metal and metal parts have gone up across the board (in every industry and every sector).

Kershaw replaces blades for the leek for 15 bucks. Send it back and the warranty covers for most of it.

EDIT- just checked the site. As of 11/21 they do blade replacement for 25, not 15. Still a pretty decent price for a new knife.

2 for 1 (buy 1 get get second for free) = 2 for $160 (soft-armor level 3A, back-pack).
Soft armor panel is sewn into the pack-pack (supposed to be better for travel & TSA inspections)

Back
Top Bottom