• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

That’s what my mom used apparently. I don’t understand why people don’t use them anymore…especially with all this hippie communist environment bullshit.
My parents were emergency foster parents and took in severely retarded children and infants, my mother had a closet full of cloth diapers. Back then I don't think they had disposable diapers but my mother wasn't a fan anyway, she would use cloth diapers when she watched my kids.

That’s what my mom used apparently. I don’t understand why people don’t use them anymore…especially with all this hippie communist environment bullshit.

We used em for all 3 kids, a combination of cloth and disposable.

It’s not really feasible to use cloth when you’re traveling or with kids in day care but easy to use at home. Saves a bunch of money too.

My son uses BJ's and is a member. He added me as the second card holder. I use it mainly for batteries and oddly cooking oil (corn primarily). I have a large deep fryer and a 2.5 gallon of corn oil is only $25.00 which is a bargain if you go anywhere else. Walmart has peanut at $13.00 a gallon if interested. Other than that, the rolls (varying varieties) at the bakery are a good deal if you're throwing a party and need volume.

How much 9mm or .223 do you think those can hold?
I will try to give you an idea ...

I have a 50 cal ammo box with over 1200 9mm, all loose.

This should hold at least 1500, maybe 2K. Loose rounds. But depends on the size, they have like 5 different sizes. The one that is like 12" wide x something wide x 5" tall should fit 1K+ loose rounds.

I will try to give you an idea ...

I have a 50 cal ammo box with over 1200 9mm, all loose.

This should hold at least 1500, maybe 2K. Loose rounds. But depends on the size, they have like 5 different sizes. The one that is like 12" wide x something wide x 5" tall should fit 1K+ loose rounds.

A 50 cal can will hold 2100 rds of 9mm and 1300 rds .223/5.56 ;)

Cheap Comcast Cell Phone as a spare...

While downgrading my TV service, they offered me a deal.

I have an old iPhone SE. Works on their system.
$15 per month with 1 Gig data.

$10 credit per month.

$100 gift card.

$8 per month after taxes and fees to run this old iPhone SE.
(Or any other iPhone).

Basically like the first year is free.

I think it's a good deal.

Not sure on early termination but I'll keep it for a year.

If I get a new iPhone in 14 months from now I'll use that plan inside my current iPhone 12.

They are sending me a SIM.

Hell, I just dropped over $600 at BJ's today.
But I got a 2.5 year old, so most of that is diapers and wipes, but she is potty training now.

It IS a wonderful day. The lack of lugging a bag around everywhere. The cost. The inconvenience. We potty-trained our last one in Disney. Every day he had a success, he got a small toy Disney bus. At 3ish, that was huge to him. So in 5 days he was completely taken care of. When he made it the whole week, we bought him the matchbox Monorail. It was a wonderful trip home not having to lug all that stuff.

My son uses BJ's and is a member. He added me as the second card holder. I use it mainly for batteries and oddly cooking oil (corn primarily). I have a large deep fryer and a 2.5 gallon of corn oil is only $25.00 which is a bargain if you go anywhere else. Walmart has peanut at $13.00 a gallon if interested. Other than that, the rolls (varying varieties) at the bakery are a good deal if you're throwing a party and need volume.

While that's a deal, I recall getting gallons of PO at Target 2 years ago for $8. :(.

The trouble is cleaning them. You're throwing poop in your washer and they really aren't compatible with the newer side loading high efficiency washers. Poop gets EVERYWHERE and it'll affect all loads in the future. It's gross.

If you have a top loading washer that uses a ton of water then they're fine.

Washing machines (lower temperatures, less water in a rinse cycle) and detergents changed (no more phosphates) to not be as effective at dealing with concentrated human waste in a satisfactorily hygienic manner. Now you'd have to use bleach, which wouldn't be good for a baby.

You dump the poop in the toilet and then they make little liners to catch the rest. Kinda defeats the purpose to me though. My wife wanted to use them and I knew wouldn't follow through. Wasted so much money on those stupid reusable diapers.

That'd be great. . . . if BJ's ever put in the gas station in our store they built. . . . 25 years ago. LOL. The pad is all set and everything. Actually I think they are building another strip mall store on the pad.

2x5 = 10. Best bring 4. ;)

Meat prices haven't been great in a while. Propane is good but my local one is a PITA to get someone out there ASSUMING the whole thing isn't TO. Hell, last winter I ended up using Tractor Supply next door. Might have been $3 more per fill-up, but it was fast and always available. And I could pay right at the tank.

Coffee - also something I find elsewhere cheaper. Usually Amazon.

Baby supplies - well THOSE days are long gone. :)

Basically, 30 years later, the whole big-box thing isn't the deal it used to be.

But you did forget. . . .

ROTISSERIE CHICKENS!

BJ's are the largest and cheapest rotisserie chickens in the free world.
The price of a package of boneless/skinless chicken breast has held pretty reasonable during corona, and only recently went up slightly in the last month. I'd say the avg price is $15-18 for 4 or 5 good size pieces. Rolls & bread and deli meat are still very good compared to regular grocery stores.

Fml babyrilla, i have a 2y and 10m old. When i hit the bj i cant decide if they should carry me on a throne, or offer me lube…
It used to be, 3 or more years ago, I would go to BJ's about once every other month and drop like $200-300. Now it's every month or more often and $500-600. SOME of that increase is also due to PEDO JOE the senile inflationist.

Back
Top Bottom