Deals and steals

I could go for that Moto-desk if I was WFH'ing. I have a Vari at work and it stays up 100% of the time. But at home, I'm sitting 100% of the time. Decent deal though.

What is the real world use for 4500 watts? Fridge and a few lights? An entire small house?

Keep in mind that most lights these days are LED. 8-12w each. A whole house of light use (not all of them on - but all being used regularly) might amount to 200w. Charge your computer, I guess. Maybe a smaller TV with an antenna. (Because if you don't have power, it's likely you don't have internet anyhow.) As mentioned, well pump is vital. Cooking would be nice - hence my desire to ALWAYS have fuel-driven burners. (Maybe I can't bake/roast, but I can use the stove top.) HVAC is the final one. You probably won't run your A/C, but you'll run the heat in most houses no problem. Unless it's electric heat. LOL

We are designing a new house right now. I'm going to incorporate a generator into the mix (propane) and possibly solar depending on the cost. I haven't talked to the architect about sizing, but I'm thinking all of these things already.

I could go for that Moto-desk if I was WFH'ing. I have a Vari at work and it stays up 100% of the time. But at home, I'm sitting 100% of the time. Decent deal though.

Keep in mind that most lights these days are LED. 8-12w each. A whole house of light use (not all of them on - but all being used regularly) might amount to 200w. Charge your computer, I guess. Maybe a smaller TV with an antenna. (Because if you don't have power, it's likely you don't have internet anyhow.) As mentioned, well pump is vital. Cooking would be nice - hence my desire to ALWAYS have fuel-driven burners. (Maybe I can't bake/roast, but I can use the stove top.) HVAC is the final one. You probably won't run your A/C, but you'll run the heat in most houses no problem. Unless it's electric heat. LOL

We are designing a new house right now. I'm going to incorporate a generator into the mix (propane) and possibly solar depending on the cost. I haven't talked to the architect about sizing, but I'm thinking all of these things already.
What am I missing about this one? Seems cheaper but no wheels?
Westinghouse 4650 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator, RV Ready 30A Outlet, Gas & Propane Powered, CO Sensor, CARB Compliant https://a.co/d/372DLxl

Last edited:
What am I missing about this one? Seems cheaper but no wheels?
Westinghouse 4650 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator, RV Ready 30A Outlet, Gas & Propane Powered, CO Sensor, CARB Compliant https://a.co/d/372DLxl

What are you comparing it too, the other WGen3600 variations? The one you linked is duel fuel, Co2 sensor, and voltmeter (DFcv). No wheels.

If you are comparing it to the generator I posted the other day, it is cheaper because this one is not an inverter generator.

🐯

What are you comparing it too, the other WGen3600 variations? The one you linked is duel fuel, Co2 sensor, and voltmeter (DFcv). No wheels.

If you are comparing it to the generator I posted the other day, it is cheaper because this one is not an inverter generator.

🐯
Ok so what does that mean?

Ok so what does that mean?

How Does an Inverter Generator Work?
An inverter generator works by converting AC electric current into DC electric current and then inverting it back to AC to create a cleaner wave of electricity. If you’re not sure what the difference between AC and DC power is, please check out our article about electrical phases. Also read up on the basics of how generators work.

A typical non-inverter generator produces what is called “dirty” power, which is basically power with voltage spikes that can harm sensitive electronic equipment. It has a high total harmonic distortion (THD), which represents the variance from the standard 60-herz frequency. This means that if you were to plug your computer into a regular open-frame generator, the power fluctuations could cause computer memory loss or operating errors.

An inverter generator “cleans” up that power by inverting the electrical wave in a way that allows for a consistent flow of electricity without the ripples and irregularities of dirty power. It has a clean THD of less than 6%. You would need an electrical engineering course to understand all the complexities of how this works. Just know that an inverter generator improves the quality of electricity and allows you to plug in a computer or smart phone without fear of damage.

Source: What is an Inverter Generator? - Ultimate Inverter Generator Guide

🐯

I grabbed 2 of those as I have a few 80% lowers and some uppers kicking around. What is the chance that they fill my order as it gave me the option to add (which I did as it was in stock) 2 of the Geissele Automatics Premium Mil-Spec Buffer Tube Assembly - Super 42 Spring - H1 Buffer - DDC reg price $127 but their discounted price was $8.00 !! I couldn't hit check out fast enough. My order went through but when I checked on it this am it is now showing those are out of stock. I'm guessing someone was supposed to price those at $80.00 not $8.00 and they probably have in small print "not responsible for typos" but we shall see.

Titan is running 25% off pallet forks with free shipping. They arent Artillian forks, but my budget could never afford those anyway…

I’m not looking to lift a house, just putzing around the yard. My 1025r will soon have a set!
I grabbed a set of forks this spring. Super handy.

Titan is running 25% off pallet forks with free shipping. They arent Artillian forks, but my budget could never afford those anyway…

I’m not looking to lift a house, just putzing around the yard. My 1025r will soon have a set!

Well this may be the most strangely specific post on this thread. Then, minutes later. . . .

I grabbed a set of forks this spring. Super handy.

Apparently not. LOL.

Creedmoor Sports is once again having a one day sale on TriggerTech triggers. For Example they have the Diamond Two Stage MSR AR15 trigger on sale for $231.99 (Flat or Pro Curve, same price), free shipping with promo code SCARY, no MA tax. Today only.

My Geissele “Blem” rail came in today from the blem sale I had posted. Honestly I don’t see any visible blems. I am so pissed I didn’t buy the matching upper receiver as they are now sold out. FML.

I grabbed 2 of those as I have a few 80% lowers and some uppers kicking around. What is the chance that they fill my order as it gave me the option to add (which I did as it was in stock) 2 of the Geissele Automatics Premium Mil-Spec Buffer Tube Assembly - Super 42 Spring - H1 Buffer - DDC reg price $127 but their discounted price was $8.00 !! I couldn't hit check out fast enough. My order went through but when I checked on it this am it is now showing those are out of stock. I'm guessing someone was supposed to price those at $80.00 not $8.00 and they probably have in small print "not responsible for typos" but we shall see.
Well I got shipping notification that my order shipped, including both Geissele buffer tube assemblies. Can't believe they honored the $8.00 price. Makes it worth buying a $60 BCG.

Up to 80% off sale and clearance items. 30% off full price items. Free ship, no minimums.

Code: COSTUME

Nice deals. I never find anything at LE. Which is too bad b/c their stuff is pretty good and is reasonably priced here.
Pretty slim pickings, especially in the clearance section. Lots of oddball sizes and colors, which I guess is to be expected. Picked up a comfy looking sherpa lined hoodie though.

I'm sure you've all seen the Winchester ammo rebate.. Centerfire Rifle Ammunition Rebate | Winchester Ammunition

gonna grab 2 boxes from Bass Pro for $200-ish, use points for it all, and get a $40 check in the mail from the Winchester Rebate.

Too bad I can't do it online (f***ing MA and BPS policy) and on top of that, get %15 percent back on RetailMeNot.

Another Lands End promo. 50% off with free shipping , no minimum. Code "GLOW"

Back
Top Bottom