Deals and steals

Well MDT was a shit show as expected, site kept crashing as expected and I lost my first shopping cart before I could check out. I was still able to score a xrs, mags, grnd pod, weights and some arca rail. I really wanted a ckye pod but those disappeared fast.

I would use an everyday thermostat like this :
set thermo at 68 during day if home,
drop to 63 or 64 at night, or if not home
repeat, no need to have programmable or remote access.
heat comes up fast when needed, never down low enough to freeze pipes.
so WHY ?
Wow.
64 at 5:45 AM ready for wake-up and shower
59 at 7:30 AM down while at school/work
64 at 2:15 PM home from school
59 at 8:45 PM bedtime soon

All of these are the "default" values, and all can be overridden if someone is here and wants different setting. This is just the fallback if nobody is around or nobody notices or cares.

Wow.
64 at 5:45 AM ready for wake-up and shower
59 at 7:30 AM down while at school/work
64 at 2:15 PM home from school
59 at 8:45 PM bedtime soon

All of these are the "default" values, and all can be overridden if someone is here and wants different setting. This is just the fallback if nobody notices or cares.
And how much money do you think you’re saving with all that ? Let’s get real , simple is usually the better option.

It's got all the settings. Might as well plug some sort of number into them, otherwise why even bother with a programmable thermostat? On top of that, I just shut it off completely when it is going to be in a reasonable range of temps during the day probably end of April through end of October. Wishing I had a wood stove to take the edge off for November-January and March-April.

$49? I just looked at this.

I can continue putting my phone in my cupholder, console, or passenger seat at no cost, and it has been working just fine like that.

Well MDT was a shit show as expected, site kept crashing as expected and I lost my first shopping cart before I could check out. I was still able to score a xrs, mags, grnd pod, weights and some arca rail. I really wanted a ckye pod but those disappeared fast.
I already said that I got xlr element 4 with grip for $378 shipped 2 days ago. MDT sale is very overrated, 40% off is only on blem items and even those are really at a same level with brand new non blem xlr. Non blem mdt stuff was only 10% off. Lotta hype bout nutting.

I could not even browse the site until all stuff worth buying was gone.

I would use an everyday thermostat like this :
set thermo at 68 during day if home,
drop to 63 or 64 at night, or if not home
repeat, no need to have programmable or remote access.
so WHY ?
I like my ecobee. I run a pair of extra sensors to balance the HVAC system for rooms slightly farther down the line to keep a more balanced temp.

House warms to 68 for when my boys get home from school, then to 70 for when my wife gets home, drops to 64 over nights and then 71 for when it’s time to get up so it’s warm for showers in the am. Back down to 58 when we leave for the day.

Ties into our security system and lighting system so light scenes, cameras, and heat are all what I want, when I want them without ever having to touch a thing. I can change the heat or lights or check cameras from my bed or from another country.

so WHY ?
Just saw this. I have steam, so it takes a bit to get everything up to temp, which is why I have it come on ahead a bit, and also set it to shut down earlier, since the iron radiators stay warm for a while. Also, these are the default values, so if nobody is home or around, it follows a set routine that keeps the house at an operating temp that isn't wasteful.

P.S. Kid home from college complaining her room is cold at night. I think she sleeps over a radiator at school.

I already said that I got xlr element 4 with grip for $378 shipped 2 days ago. MDT sale is very overrated, 40% off is only on blem items and even those are really at a same level with brand new non blem xlr. Non blem mdt stuff was only 10% off. Lotta hype bout nutting.

I could not even browse the site until all stuff worth buying was gone.
The xrs and grnd pods were 30% off non blems. Mags were 40% off non blems I believe. Definitely some good deals to be had for the minor inconvenience of clicking a refresh button. It's definitely not the sale of the century but you can find some good deals on stuff.

Just saw this. I have steam, so it takes a bit to get everything up to temp, which is why I have it come on ahead a bit, and also set it to shut down earlier, since the iron radiators stay warm for a while. Also, these are the default values, so if nobody is home or around, it follows a set routine that keeps the house at an operating temp that isn't wasteful.

P.S. Kid home from college complaining her room is cold at night. I think she sleeps over a radiator at school.
Steam should not have a set back greater than 5 degrees. Are all your steam mains insulated? All the near boiler piping insulated? If the air vents on your radiators hiss your main vents are too small. Steam systems should be virtually silent if properly insulated, pitched to drain, and ventilated. Most steam systems are either missing insulation so the steam doesn't stay hot and dry along with the mains being insufficiently ventilated. That's a ton of money thrown away on inefficiency because air purging and wet steam slows down transfer of heat leading to more or longer boiler cycles than otherwise would be necessary.

If anyone happens to see a Holosun SCS for Glock on sale (or just in stock) please post or even DM me. Been looking all over and have been out of stock. Thx in advance!

Not sure if they have and BF deals but says in stock. Looking to pick one up in the near future as well.

Olight is having a decent sale on their Baldr weaponlights with and without lasers on their site and Amazon. Say what you will about 'but CHINA' with regards to their products but they have been reliable in my personal experience.

New Lee 6-station progressive press model released.

Could be a good setup for newbie reloaders on a budget

Midsouth: $239.99

Review Here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts2QN9WWDvI

I have a Lee progressive on my list, been on it for years, but I see no point in buying a progressive press when primers are still MIA or triple the pre-Covid price.

So BPS in the Black Friday mailer I just got, has heritage rough rider for 80$ after rebate (.22 only). Any one with experience? Was thinking of having it under the Xmas tree this year to take the kiddo out. Not for Sale in MA but doesn’t affect me.
Get the shortest barrel, the tolerances for barrel cylinder gaps with revolvers today are so loose now that longer barrels don't increase velocity much. Get the adjustable sights if possible, the fixed sights on single action revolvers are garbage and Heritage is no different.

But for $80 you can live with all the issues. I just wish they'd make the Barkeep in 9 shot versions with bird's head grips.

I have a Lee progressive on my list, been on it for years, but I see no point in buying a progressive press when primers are still MIA or triple the pre-Covid price.
Primers are readily available now. large rifle is popping up but the least available to find lately. Everything else isn’t too hard to find. Targetsports has had Winchester SPP for days. 99+ cases in stock

But as you said the prices suck. Well with all of the price increases from Vista/ATK, primer prices will never be what they were pre Rona. So don’t even wait for that to happen lol. Prices might drop a little bit but not to $20-$30 per 1k

Do you have kids? Do you hate the government education system? These books are for you! And at 75% off today only!
Are these actually good? I hear them advertised all the time but not sure if they are scammy garbage or if they're worth reading.

Are these actually good? I hear them advertised all the time but not sure if they are scammy garbage or if they're worth reading.

My son loves them, daughters not old enough for them yet. They have cartoons on YouTube that my kids watch too whenever I remember to put them on.

I recommend them.

So BPS in the Black Friday mailer I just got, has heritage rough rider for 80$ after rebate (.22 only). Any one with experience? Was thinking of having it under the Xmas tree this year to take the kiddo out. Not for Sale in MA but doesn’t affect me.

When you say .22 only, does that include .22 WMR?

Back
Top Bottom