Deals and steals

7E98B624-8524-4B40-98AF-BD07B9A146AB.jpeg8C30BA8F-D4A0-484B-8D33-1F732BB0BB96.jpeg

That Flexvolt stuff ain't cheap. And depending on what you need, that might not be a "smoking" deal. Sure, if you want the baggie it seems like a steal. But the saw, a battery and charger is regularly $520 at HD. Sure, the other battery costs more than $35, but damn. Unless I'm a framer, I'm probably not using two batteries for anything. I've got PLENTY of items with 2 batteries. I have had rare occasions that I had two fully charged batteries and needed the second on.

$555. I thought Festool stuff was pricey. LOL. OTOH, I got my. . . .Bosch/Makita/Somethingbluish set about 7 years ago. Saw, recip, driver, drill, light, bag (trash) for about $500 with 2 batteries and the charger.

I grabbed two of these the last time, I think they were a little cheaper. I've only used one of them, functions fine, accurate. $200.

I grabbed two of these the last time, I think they were a little cheaper. I've only used one of them, functions fine, accurate. $200.
Last time it was $160. You grabbed one but I failed to act quick.

My rejects arrived today, all 5k of them. They are made in the Philippines which I did not know . Does all Amscor come from the philippines? So i grabbed a box and 3 rifles and hit the range. These are the 3 i shoot the most and the pumper is the one I normally shoot cheap ammo through, at spinners, dueling trees and other range toys.
So Out of a box of a box of 50 I had one FTF and that was with the pump gun. I loaded that round back in and it fired on the second primer hit. I would call that reliability as good as Thunderbolts if not slightly better. I've had times where I've had two or three bad Thunderbolts in a box of 50.
IMG_20230322_150352386_HDR.jpg
As for accuracy I did not feel like setting up paper but all of them were shooting within minute of spiny Target. And that's exactly what I use an inexpensive ammo 4 so it works perfect for me.

All three rifles have nice crisp primer strikes. Can anyone name the rifles? Bonus points for guessing which primer strikes go to which rifle.
IMG_20230322_151045590_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My rejects arrived today, all 5k of them. They are made in the Philippines which I did not know . Does all Amscor come from the philippines? So i grabbed a box and 3 rifles and hit the range. These are the 3 i shoot the most and the pumper is the one I normally shoot cheap ammo through, at spinners, dueling trees and other range toys.
So Out of a box of a box of 50 I had one FTF and that was with the pump gun. I loaded that round back in and it fired on the second primer hit. I would call that reliability as good as Thunderbolts if not slightly better. I've had times where I've had two or three bad Thunderbolts in a box of 50.
View attachment 734763
As for accuracy I did not feel like setting up paper but all of them were shooting within minute of spiny Target. And that's exactly what I use an inexpensive ammo 4 so it works perfect for me.

All three rifles have nice crisp primer strikes. Can anyone name the rifles? Bonus points for guessing which primer strikes go to which rifle.
View attachment 734762
Brass order to photo- 2,1,3?

View attachment 734763

View attachment 734762
Dibs on the Winchester Gallery Gun! I’ll guess the 3rd casing went to that rifle?

Last edited:
If it is like the Armscor .22LR that I picked up in the great .22 drought of 2013, the lead is so soft that chambering into a hot barrel smears lead along the top of the chamber. In a bolt action it works fine. In a semi-auto it is jam-o-matic after about 10 rounds or so. I was literally knocking sheets of lead out of that barrel.
22LR Thunderbolts lead up revolvers really bad too! So badly that I will not use them again.

Last edited:
Got an email regardimg a sale at US Night Vision. I dont follow prices closely enough to know whether there are any actual deals or not tbh but here's the link

Back
Top Bottom