Deals and steals

Cheap walkie talkies on clearance at BJ's; might make an ok emergency backup to your emergency backup, or for the kids:

Frank

Cheap walkie talkies on clearance at BJ's; might make an ok emergency backup to your emergency backup, or for the kids:

Frank
Sold out anywhere I've looked so far...

@AndyL use to be a member here, but moved away from the Northeast many years ago.

Maybe he still lurks?

(Not me BTW.)
I'm celebrating the 30th anniversary of the business! I've brought back the leather that I made everything from in the olden days, a thick, oiled veg tan and added the nice rounded edges and embossed creases. I'll be making the Rhodesian and Ching Sling with this. One inch width only for the moment.

@AndyL use to be a member here, but moved away from the Northeast many years ago.

Maybe he still lurks?

(Not me BTW.)

I've purchased three belts from him over the years. love em. best style buckle Ive ever used. hate when I have to switch back to a dress belt with the 'normal' style buckle.

edit: his site doesn't appear to carry belts any longer, just slings. he has belts still. didn't see em in my haste. top notch stuff.

Last edited:

Maybe he still lurks?

(Not me BTW.)

I doubt that Andy lurks here. He remarried and moved South. He's very active on Facebook.

Andy is a real stand-up guy. I've taken classes with him (as did @M1911 and a few other past members of NES) and I shot with him a number of times at Tyngsborough Sportsmen's Club back then as well.
I didn't know he was ever a member. I've looked at his stuff over the years. Maybe I'll finally get a sling for my savage scout.
You won't regret dealing with him or his products.

I doubt that Andy lurks here. He remarried and moved South. He's very active on Facebook.

Andy is a real stand-up guy. I've taken classes with him (as did @M1911 and a few other past members of NES) and I shot with him a number of times at Tyngsborough Sportsmen's Club back then as well.

I can’t say that I remember him.

I can’t say that I remember him.
Good guy NES folks met up with a bunch of times - from GTGs to shows. Over the years, me and the Mrs. also met a few people who knew him from way back and all had only kind words about him. Used to have a big table at the NH gun shows with belts, slings, and holsters, then he mostly focused on the slings. His Rhodesian slings are a great idea implemented with fine craft. Anyhow, like Len says, he moved OOS and seems to be doing well.

He's runs The Scout Rifle Forum and is on Instagram also, but posts mostly motorcycle and grandkids stuff.

He was at a Bill Jeans class at PF&G years ago and I'd see him at the Scout Rifle matches.

He took me for a ride in his side car one time.

(Last time I'll do that, but we did make Dr. Jones and Junior references the whole time.) 😆

Andrew Andy sidecar.jpg

I've purchased three belts from him over the years. love em. best style buckle Ive ever used. hate when I have to switch back to a dress belt with the 'normal' style buckle.

edit: his site doesn't appear to carry belts any longer, just slings. I would assume they're top quality too!

BTW, he does still seem to carry...or at least make belts. Here's the link: Sale: Belts, 1.5" black or brown, brass buckle.

Frank

edit: his site doesn't appear to carry belts any longer, just slings. he has belts still. didn't see em in my haste. top notch stuff.

I agree... I have several of his belts and that buckle design is great.

Gerber Armbar Slim $15
https://www.als.com/gerber-multi-tool-armbarslim-drive/p

I ordered a Wiha refill pack (theres different ones some with more torx or more allen), gonna check it out. Ive never had good luck with multitools, only ever use the knife & bottle opener, screwdrivers never fit and everything else is junk.

Double End Insert Bit Reload Set, 13 Piece https://a.co/d/6vyRdBy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410_182749_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410_182749_Chrome.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 26
I bought small one last year to go along with the large and XL I have. I explained to my wife it was for me to teach the granddaughters on. She was still not amused.
Clearly, her frustration is that you didn't get one for each of the kiddos, so they can practice together. ;)

It's the "portable" model. Comparable to the small or minimax BGE.

I'm thinking 78# is about as "portable" as the computers "issued" (for $1200) in 1987 at Bentley. Dual-drive (giggle) HP "portable" computers. Those things were back-breakers. I can't see you bringing one of these to the beach. ROFL!

I'm thinking 78# is about as "portable" as the computers "issued" (for $1200) in 1987 at Bentley. Dual-drive (giggle) HP "portable" computers. Those things were back-breakers. I can't see you bringing one of these to the beach. ROFL!
Flexing Hulk Hogan GIF by WWE

Back
Top Bottom