Deer hunting in Marshfield

Palladin

NES Member
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...01/police_investigate_risque_cellphone_photo/
MARSHFIELD
Town considers easing deer hunting rules
South Shore towns are struggling to balance public safety and what hunters say is the need to thin the booming deer population. That's because towns are seeing a spike in the number of deer after years of strict state regulation on deer hunting. Some towns have also set additional restrictions on hunting on conservation land. Hunter Tom DePersia told The Patriot Ledger of Quincy that the deer population has exploded and now deer are roaming residential neighborhoods, running in front of cars, eating plantings, and carrying Lyme disease into backyards. Police say they also get complaints about hunters roaming now developed land, which reduces hunting even more. A Marshfield conservation commission will meet this week to consider easing hunting restrictions. (AP)

They will find a reason not to allow more hunting. Guns too dangerous, archery too in humane, etc., etc. and until one of the voting members has a run-in with Lyme or crash and injury they won't do shit.

Professional hunting is not the answer either. The only way to cull a significant number of deer is to extend the season and bag limits along with bowhunting in backyards.

Just my opinion.

They will find a reason not to allow more hunting. Guns too dangerous, archery too in humane, etc., etc. and until one of the voting members has a run-in with Lyme or crash and injury they won't do shit.

Professional hunting is not the answer either. The only way to cull a significant number of deer is to extend the season and bag limits along with bowhunting in backyards.

Just my opinion.

Bowhunting in the backyard, that's one of my plans for the fall hunt.

Back
Top Bottom