Defensive Snub Nose Ammo

What are some excellent, proven defensive rounds for a .38spl snub nose out of a 2" barrel?

At this moment I have some speer gold dot +P, i forget which weight ( i think 125...). What do you guys recommend? I plan on trying out a bunch before I buy anything in bulk.

I have just under 1,000 rounds of Speer GDHP 135gr +P - started off with 2,000. If you're coming to the shoot, I'll bring a few boxes for you to try. I love the stuff - barks like a dog and hits like a freight train. I tried some 158gr Buffalo Bore FBI loads and liked them, but not enough to justify switching...

I have just under 1,000 rounds of Speer GDHP 135gr +P - started off with 2,000. If you're coming to the shoot, I'll bring a few boxes for you to try. I love the stuff - barks like a dog and hits like a freight train. I tried some 158gr Buffalo Bore FBI loads and liked them, but not enough to justify switching...

Ok so I must have the 135 not the 125...[smile]

MassMark, why do you have so much GDHP? Not critical, just curious, since GDHP is a pretty expensive round.

+1000....

That round and the Speer .357 mag short barrel load are the two best defensive snub loads out there, bar none. The only other load I would consider carrying out of a snub is the old school 158 gr LSWCHP +P loads made by remington and a few other vendors.

-Mike

MassMark, why do you have so much GDHP? Not critical, just curious, since GDHP is a pretty expensive round.

I got and incredible deal which I posted about many moons ago. The GDHP is expensive because dealers make it that way....I got factory fresh, (no not seconds), Speer GDHP +P 135gr for $249.00 per 1,000 delivered. I liked it so much, that I bought a second case. Nothing like training with the ammo you're carrying... [wink]

I found Buffalo Bores to be potent, but uncomfortable in the light 642CT and expensive to train with in the manner in which I do. I thought they were a neat niche round, but the performance of the GDHP 135 +P was more than adequate, (in the top 3 recommended rounds) and more cost effective...

i dont mean to steal this thread. what about .45 mp? What would be the best defensive rounds i shall get and where?

right now, i have .45auto Winchester hollow points *something i just simply snagged from walmart*.

Back
Top Bottom