• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Delayed | VAF Application

eColi

NES Member
I was "delayed" picking up my stripped lower from FFL a few weeks ago.

First purchase so wasn't surprised considering what I had to go through to get my MA LTC-A. I knew there would be something that came up being questioned.

I took it upon myself to investigate as it seems no one wants to help. I should wait and sit idle... yeah right.

Called NCIS customer line and she just transferred me back to automated message that they don't share information due to privacy act. Pissed as this is about me.

Finally after calling to check in delay status that 1 week has passed I basically got a rep who started to care. Instead of asking questions I told them what charge I thought was causing it and could they confirm or deny. Also asked if requested docs were sent by local municipality, because if not I can call and get them sent (they love me at courthouse). Well they didn't receive one docket so I called clerks office and she couldn't find, this was because I called the day prior and my folder was on some other lady desk who I spoke with. She knew the FBI was waiting on it and also knew I had a certified copy.... ready for this? I faxed her my certified docket and she forwarded it to the FBI. I seriously should have modified it a little bit ;)

Long story short I also contacted thend NCIS Supervisor of Liason and she put me in touch with actual examiner working on my delayed transaction. The examiner was reading the chicken scratch as 2 years when it was 2 months.

I got the proceed same day examiner was leaving for July 4th vacation.

The NCIS supervisor said to email her my VAF application with fingerprints and it would be expedited.

Maybe 2 months rather than 6? Got my UPIN today so only a few weeks.

Moral of story. Don't sit back. Ask for answers and demand results.

Just finished my AR build.

Thanks. Yeah I figured. I'll probably get delayed until the day I die.

Just as a follow up post. I've purchased several firearms since receiving my UPIN and always get "Further Review" then the "Proceed" while I'm standing in the shop.

Back
Top Bottom