• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DELAYED.

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
So on Thursday I go to the gun shop,and I see this nice little toy that was begging
for me to take it home. Well I do the paperwork thing,and I always get sent to secondary,
but after awhile it goes threw.This time the guy behind the counter tell me I am delayed,
and hands me that what the F^*K did I do wrong paper work that the Feds give them to hand out.
So ok it's happened before,and half way home I get a call that I am all set.Not this time.
It's going on day three,and I am going to see if a get a call today.I know I should have not
joined that terrorist group the NRA,well I better go out today,and buy a dog just in case.

I remember when someone with the same name moved in to the area or became a scumbag felon. Ever since buying went from painless to "hoping I can take this home today". Phucker ruining my good name! [laugh]

Best of luck today.

I had good luck so far but im still kinda new at this. heading down to everyone's favorite gun shop now. will grab my deli ticket and spin the wheel

I've been delayed 3 or 4 times now. f***in stupid.

Dealers say I should get a UPIN. Looks like a 12 month wait on those .

f*** that.

Just gonna have to use the loopholes from now on.

last purchase i dot delayed,after the two previous went through with my upin ( that took 16 months to get)...its not guaranteed to fix it...

last purchase i dot delayed,after the two previous went through with my upin ( that took 16 months to get)...its not guaranteed to fix it...

This. Even with a upin it looks like people still get delayed. I don't know why they even bother when it seems like it doesn't make a difference.

I have read a couple of anti-gun editorials recently saying that this system does not work, and that the solutions are to extend the three day limit and/or to end the default approve after three days. It just goes to show how if your motivation is politics, you can do anything wrong.

The first part of the statement is somewhat correct. This system works poorly. And I think it would be possible to generate bi-partisan support for fixing it. But no, these authors saw civil right violations as the only possible solutions. And of course, discussing a default deny ends any further discussion. We all understand that the intent is to establish default deny and then turn the system off.

But if anyone wanted to make actual improvements, I think lots of people on both sides could agree on it. I know I am potentially open making investments to improve the current system. I would need to see an open and transparent analysis of where the inaccurate data comes from, and how money can be spent to improve it. But with a credible and constrained plan, I could support spending money to make improvements. They could also improve the system for appeals and spend more going after felons who try to purchase. But no, there is no will for actual improvements.

It shows you just how screwed up the FBI and it's NICS system really is.

Just wait. IF the friggin commies pass a required background check, and IF the republicans stave that off with a requirement that CIVILIANS and non FFL people can do a background check, it will be a real S&*T show. If they can keep the 3 day ok to sell, you might as just go to a gun show with no check.
[rofl][laugh2][wave][devil2][rockon][party]

Just wait. IF the friggin commies pass a required background check, and IF the republicans stave that off with a requirement that CIVILIANS and non FFL people can do a background check, it will be a real S&*T show. If they can keep the 3 day ok to sell, you might as just go to a gun show with no check.
[rofl][laugh2][wave][devil2][rockon][party]
Forget that. Will never happen. Jack.

I have read a couple of anti-gun editorials recently saying that this system does not work, and that the solutions are to extend the three day limit and/or to end the default approve after three days. It just goes to show how if your motivation is politics, you can do anything wrong.

The first part of the statement is somewhat correct. This system works poorly. And I think it would be possible to generate bi-partisan support for fixing it. But no, these authors saw civil right violations as the only possible solutions. And of course, discussing a default deny ends any further discussion. We all understand that the intent is to establish default deny and then turn the system off.

But if anyone wanted to make actual improvements, I think lots of people on both sides could agree on it. I know I am potentially open making investments to improve the current system. I would need to see an open and transparent analysis of where the inaccurate data comes from, and how money can be spent to improve it. But with a credible and constrained plan, I could support spending money to make improvements. They could also improve the system for appeals and spend more going after felons who try to purchase. But no, there is no will for actual improvements.
Where have you been? There was a Fix NICS bill that made some improvements with some accountability for accurate records, and it didn't add any additional burden on buyers. And the Rep. had the votes to get it done. But they sat on it and did nothing, The inclusion of required reciprocity was an extra bonus.

None of the politicians want to fix the system.

Hey, enough with the commies bashing...

My father is actually one (we’ve had some fun talks this summer as he is dreaming for the return of the Russian empire and is a hardcore nationalist)

But, with his name, I am one of the only few a$$holes around that has it, so it is a 15 sec confirmation for me....

So, maybe you will have more luck buying an AK in mother Russia? Bet your name will be unique there!

To do a NICS check you have to have a FFL and be enrolled in the NICS system. No way that that will be changed. Jack.
I agree 110%.

FRB wanted to be able to do NICS checks when it was proposed in a Mass bill. The Feds said no way Jose, only dealers can do it . . . so if state gov't is told NO! there is no way that mere peons will be allowed by the Feds to do it, not now and not ever.

I agree 110%.

FRB wanted to be able to do NICS checks when it was proposed in a Mass bill. The Feds said no way Jose, only dealers can do it . . . so if state gov't is told NO! there is no way that mere peons will be allowed by the Feds to do it, not now and not ever.

IIRC some state used to use NICS checks somehow as part of its CCW licensing system, I forget which, though. But I bet it's one of those states that has a handgun poc or their license is compliant with the federal law requirements to skip a NICS check on a gun purchase. MA's license, beyond the fact that our AG is a piece of shit, is not compliant because the term of the license is too long, among other things.

I wish I could remember the state- I remember it being funny, because they had more NICS checks than any other
state with a similar population... and the deal was something like "well, this state does constant nics checks on all its carry license holders on an annual basis" which artificially inflated their states numbers of NICS checks processed.

-Mike

IIRC some state used to use NICS checks somehow as part of its CCW licensing system, I forget which, though. But I bet it's one of those states that has a handgun poc or their license is compliant with the federal law requirements to skip a NICS check on a gun purchase. MA's license, beyond the fact that our AG is a piece of shit, is not compliant because the term of the license is too long, among other things.

I wish I could remember the state- I remember it being funny, because they had more NICS checks than any other
state with a similar population... and the deal was something like "well, this state does constant nics checks on all its carry license holders on an annual basis" which artificially inflated their states numbers of NICS checks processed.

-Mike

Permanent Brady Permit Chart

Kentucky runs monthly background checks on all citizens with a CCW license; which really skews the NIC's check numbers...

FBI statistics show Kentucky has nearly double the number of background checks as the next state on the national list.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Kentucky has performed nearly twice as many NICS Firearm background checks as the state that lands number two on the list.

According to FBI statistics, through October 2015, there have been more 2,613,656 Federal firearms background checks in Kentucky. California ranks second with 1,328,017. Indiana is 7th on the list at 732,549.

Kentucky has an estimated population of 4.4 million people, so could Kentuckians have purchased that many guns? Attorney Aaron Silletto thinks there's a simple explanation.

"So whether it's obtaining a conceal carry permit, being able to reissue a conceal carry permit or anything like that, all of that is funneled through the Federal system", explained Silletto.

Digging deeper into the FBI statistics, we learned 2.4 million of the Kentucky federal firearm background checks are in a category entitled "permit."

Kentucky leads nation in firearms background checks but not all equal sales

It seems that if so many people have a UPIN, and it takes so long to get one, and they still get still delayed, that that would be a violation of your civil rights. Class action lawsuit?

I have a cousin with the same first and last name. And it is an unusual name. Maybe 6 of us in MA.

He's been in jail more than not. Or mental health lockup. Or major detox facilities.

So far the system has not mixed us up but I fully expect that day is coming. I do get calls from collection agencies every once in a while who are fishing for payments on his debts.

Permanent Brady Permit Chart

Kentucky runs monthly background checks on all citizens with a CCW license; which really skews the NIC's check numbers...

FBI statistics show Kentucky has nearly double the number of background checks as the next state on the national list.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Kentucky has performed nearly twice as many NICS Firearm background checks as the state that lands number two on the list.

According to FBI statistics, through October 2015, there have been more 2,613,656 Federal firearms background checks in Kentucky. California ranks second with 1,328,017. Indiana is 7th on the list at 732,549.

Kentucky has an estimated population of 4.4 million people, so could Kentuckians have purchased that many guns? Attorney Aaron Silletto thinks there's a simple explanation.

"So whether it's obtaining a conceal carry permit, being able to reissue a conceal carry permit or anything like that, all of that is funneled through the Federal system", explained Silletto.

Digging deeper into the FBI statistics, we learned 2.4 million of the Kentucky federal firearm background checks are in a category entitled "permit."

Kentucky leads nation in firearms background checks but not all equal sales

I blame it on HRC.

Back
Top Bottom