• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Delete

bostonelli

NES Member
Hi there just curious if anyone runs an aftermarket trigger in their mpx gen 2. If so can you share how you like it and specific model of the trigger? I have a hiperfire in my mcx and love it. Would be looking for something similar.

thanks!

Hiperfire Eclipse, hands down. Make sure you get the latest model with an upgraded disconnector so your spring will last.

Hiperfire Eclipse, hands down. Make sure you get the latest model with an upgraded disconnector so your spring will last.
thanks any light primer strikes at all? Your running this in your gen 2 mpx?

IMO, a big benefit of the Hiperfire Eclipse is that it will ignite any primer I can find, including those labeled as "mil spec" that are supposed to prevent slam fires. I am running the green springs which give the lightest break. This in a gen 2 max with about 15K rounds. At around 10k rounds, I upgraded the disconnector and changed the spring. It was starting to look tired at that point but still functioned fine.

I should add, that I think the stock Timney trigger was pretty fine but for competition, the Hiperfire is definitely and upgrade.

I should add, that I think the stock Timney trigger was pretty fine but for competition, the Hiperfire is definitely and upgrade.
Thanks franktc

did you look at all at the pdi black from hiperfire?

the sales rep for hiperfire said the pdi would be like the mcx hiperfire which I love. Slack then a clean crisp break. He said the eclipse is almost no wall and a crisp fast break and short reset.

I would say that your sales rep is 100% in his description of the eclipse. I have not tried the PDI black so I can't compare.

Back
Top Bottom