• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya it’s a little confusing. Don’t have time to zero them, but will go to the range with you while you do it, but you need insurance to do it right next to him.

Ya it’s a little confusing. Don’t have time to zero them, but will go to the range with you while you do it, but you need insurance to do it right next to him.
It’s how businessmen, like him, do it. Clearly.

He also pays people to set his car’s seat position and mirrors.

Have you ever used a scope is it that you want to learn how to use one?

Never mind, ill move this to the training section to have the professionals inquire. Figured id just get the peanut gallery in the general discussion.

Reason why I said that he could come as my guest to my club to sight in is because it's a club where you can have your own private range and not have to do a cease fire every time you wanna change your target and piss off 30 other people shooting......so I hope that answers your question about that Bub.

Im not looking for lessons....been shooting for 22 years, know how to use scopes, optics, etc......just looking to get my shit sighted in to have more range time.

Thanks anyway Gentlemen.

It’s how businessmen, like him, do it. Clearly.

He also pays people to set his car’s seat position and mirrors.
It's a blue collar business, I get my hands dirty every day. But I guess if I wanted to have one of my technicians adjust my truck seat and mirrors for me I could......thanks for the tip.

Id like to be able to spend more time at the range with my friends and family actually target practicing than to take up a few hours each time sighting in my collection.
If it takes you a few hours to sight in your guns (assuming we’re not talking 600+ yards) then something is drastically wrong. Or you have hundreds and hundreds of guns to sight in.

So you can take time to go target shooting with family and friends but can’t take a few minutes to sight them in? And your collection is growing you said but don’t have time to sight them in….
I’m glad to hear your collection is growing but you should shoot them on occasion to be proficient etc. But to each their own I guess.

It never ceases to amaze me on this site how people just form their own opinions of you without even knowing you by just a simple post you make.

Thank you for all the grammar lessons on my previously butchered post above. I cleaned it up with proper english👍. That's what I get for one eye open 12 midnight angry response typing.

Last edited:
it never ceases to amaze me on this sight how people just form there own opions of you without even knowing you by just a simple post you make.
I try to be helpful on this site but I’m just having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. Sighting in a gun (especially a rifle with a scope) is part of the process of buying guns and optics etc. This is almost like buying a car and asking to pay someone to change the radio station or put the car in drive.

You been shooting for 22 years, it shouldn’t take much effort to sight in. Throw a target at 25 yards not 100 and go from there. If shooting a scoped AR for example you could have it sighted in, in probably 10ish rounds.

it never ceases to amaze me on this sight how people just form there own opions of you without even knowing you by just a simple post you make.
I don’t know what to tell you man. Your post doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Reach out to some gunsmiths/FFLs in the area and see if they offer the service. But nobody who is willing to come with you to your club as a guest to zero your guns is going to have insurance that covers damage to a gun during the conduct of business.

I don’t know what to tell you man. Your post doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Reach out to some gunsmiths/FFLs in the area and see if they offer the service. But nobody who is willing to come with you to your club as a guest to zero your guns is going to have insurance that covers damage to a gun during the conduct of business.
He should’ve added no questions asked to the list. lol

If shooting a scoped AR for example you could have it sighted in, in probably 10ish rounds.
I always wished I had a rest where I could lock the gun down pretty solid, solid enough that I could mess with the turrets and know that I hadn't changed where the muzzle was pointed at all. Then I'd put the center of the target in the crosshairs, shoot one round, restore the rifle to where it is pointed at the center while secured in the rest, and then turn the turrets (without moving the rifle) until the crosshairs were on the POI. Meh, it's a lot less trouble in practice to walk it in, but it would be cool to do it that way just once.

Your post was confusing, and it's all I've got to form an opinion of you.

This followup doesn't help.
"site" & "their"
Sorry, I swing hammers for a living, not english text books. Not sure how it was confusing for you, I was pretty honest and to the point.....but then again I just swing hammers for a living. Maybe that will help build your case on your opion of me.

My zero on a particular rifle won’t match your zero on the same rifle. No two shooters have the same cheek weld, the same placement of the stock in the shoulder, they same eyesight, etc.

My zero on a particular rifle won’t match your zero on the same rifle. No two shooters have the same cheek weld, the same placement of the stock in the shoulder, they same eyesight, etc.
Kinda what I was thinking, I could help you get on paper but the final adjustments would have to be yours anyways because we have different eye sight

Well, you haven't been around for long, so you just don't realize that this is the approved NES way to welcome new members. I mean, can't you feel the love? You didn't run away crying, so you'll be fine. By the way, what is an opion? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Thank you, and those are solid points. I appreciate your help. I agree on all of the above.

For these multiple pieces that got passed to me by a sick family member I was going to just have them laser bore sighted at center of bore and I could make minor tweaks from there.

Thank you for the first solid response to my question.

As a moderator please feel free to delete this whole thread. It seems to have become more of a pissing match (me included) than to be helpful.

Well, you haven't been around for long, so you just don't realize that this is the approved NES way to welcome new members. I mean, can't you feel the love? You didn't run away crying, so you'll be fine. By the way, what is an opion? Sorry, I couldn't resist.:p
Lol, its a one eyed 12 midnight angry typing word....😁.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom