deleted

I honestly don’t get it when it comes to a 380 shield. Saw someone say they like it to train newer shooters - guess I can see that. However if your going to carry 380, I would go for the size of a body guard. If you want bigger, shield 9 is where it’s at.

I honestly don’t get it when it comes to a 380 shield. Saw someone say they like it to train newer shooters - guess I can see that. However if your going to carry 380, I would go for the size of a body guard. If you want bigger, shield 9 is where it’s at.

The Shield 380 is even bigger than the 9/40/45 models. It's not designed to be super small, it's designed to be easy to use (low force required to rack the slide, easy to load magazines, low recoil, etc). Being super-tiny would be counter-productive to those design goals.

The Shield 380 is even bigger than the 9/40/45 models. It's not designed to be super small, it's designed to be easy to use (low force required to rack the slide, easy to load magazines, low recoil, etc). Being super-tiny would be counter-productive to those design goals.
Thought it was the same size of a shield 9. So now I think even less of it. I understand the design idea - just think it’s a solution to a non existing problem. Yeah there are pistols with super heavy slides, but there are plenty of options with reasonable weights as well.

Thought it was the same size of a shield 9. So now I think even less of it. I understand the design idea - just think it’s a solution to a non existing problem. Yeah there are pistols with super heavy slides, but there are plenty of options with reasonable weights as well.
Wait a few years and see if you develop arthritis. My wife struggles to rack the slide on a standard 9mm, nor can she load a normal magazine past a round or two. Something like this would give her an option beyond a revolver.

Wait a few years and see if you develop arthritis. My wife can't rack the slide on a standard 9mm, nor can she load a normal magazine. Something like this would give her an option beyond a revolver.

Not sure how much of a market share that scenario falls in, however - that would be awesome if this works for your wife. Would seriously like to know if She can use it without issue.

Wait a few years and see if you develop arthritis. My wife struggles to rack the slide on a standard 9mm, nor can she load a normal magazine past a round or two. Something like this would give her an option beyond a revolver.

This. I trained a woman maybe in her mid-50s with arthritis in her hands. She had a lot of difficulty racking a slide, so I was working with her to get a revolver, but she also has problems with the heavy trigger on a DA revolver. I plan to meet her at a LGS to try the Shield .380.

I believe that the feed problem on the last round was a symptom of the light mag spring used for ease of loading, and that it has been corrected.

I've put a couple hundred rounds through my
Shield 380 EZ using three different mags an 3 or 4 different kinds of ammo.
It functioned perfectly and was more than accurate enough.
My hand strength has declined to where i'm not comfortable manipulating my PPK.

As far as I'm concerned, S&W has hit a home run with this one.

Jack

Here's a comparison of the 380 EZ compared to the Shield (with an 8-rd mag inserted).

img_6900-jpg.228310

How do the slides compare in terms of force required to pull them back? Is it really that much easier?

Much easier. One of the female shooters from our club (a tiny college girl) normally carries a Shield, and I asked her to try it out. She was used to her Shield, and she damn near ripped the slide of the top of the EZ. She was surprised, to say the least.

Much easier. One of the female shooters from our club (a tiny college girl) normally carries a Shield, and I asked her to try it out. She was used to her Shield, and she damn near ripped the slide of the top of the EZ. She was surprised, to say the least.
Pics or it didn’t happen

I have the new 380 EZ, I also have the shield .45ACP and an original in .40. I also have a LC9s. I can tell you that, the shield .380 is bigger than its shield sisters, it is longer on the top. I can also tell you that racking the slide is comparable to doing so on a .22 pistol if not easier. I had my wife try all of these guns and the only one she picked was the .380. Even the tiny LC9s is a bear to pull that slide. I have mammoth hands and it is not very simple for me. The shield even has pins on the magazine for you to pull while loading and the spring in the magazine is very docile. I think it is an awesome gun for the one that does not have a lot of $$$ to spend and a gun that can do the job. It also allows for people with limited strength for one reason or another to practice a lot with this gun. The felt recoil is very very subtle with this gun compared to the 9mm version. Mine came with the sights possibly shifted a bit left but very accurate regardless. The sight picture is good with it as well. What is strange is that it has an internal hammer, not a striker, which I think helps with the weight a bit. If you have not tried one, I recommend you try one. Of course, for those that are fanboys of a particular brand, it will not do, for those that are more on the practical side of things, it maybe a gun to try and maybe they will like.

WRT the thread itself:
1 ) The OP posts a specific question in a thread with a very general title.
2 ) There are some posts addressing the title, but not his question.
3 ) He asks people to answer his specific question.
4 ) Someone eventually does, in between other posts responsive to the title but not the specific question.
5 ) OP then deletes his orginal post and changes the title to "Deleted"

?? o_O ??

WRT the thread itself:
1 ) The OP posts a specific question in a thread with a very general title.
2 ) There are some posts addressing the title, but not his question.
3 ) He asks people to answer his specific question.
4 ) Someone eventually does, in between other posts responsive to the title but not the specific question.
5 ) OP then deletes his orginal post and changes the title to "Deleted"

?? o_O ??

OP has low tolerance for thread drift. I respect that.

Back
Top Bottom