• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dem Congressman Threatens to "Nuke" Gun Owners In Civil War Scenario

Reptile

NES Member
Eric Swalwell calls for confiscation of semi-auto rifles and threatens to nuke those who resist

California Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell made waves on Twitter Friday when he suggested the government would use nukes on citizens if a civil war broke out in America.

Newsmax TV host John Cardillo tweeted in response to an article discussing Swalwell’s proposal to ban semiautomatic rifles, saying, “Make no mistake, Democrats want to eradicate the Second Amendment, ban and seize all guns, and have all power rest with the state.”

Dem Congressman Threatens to “Nuke” Gun Owners In Civil War Scenario

Well, looks like someone just unscrewed Hoggs’ sippy cup. Black Friday is next week.

In all seriousness, this guy is an idiot and should know better with the voice he has. He’s part of the body that can try to influence stupid shit like he’s written. Talking nukes, even in jest, is never a laughing matter when you’re in control.

We begin bombing in five minutes - Wikipedia

Well, looks like someone just unscrewed Hoggs’ sippy cup. Black Friday is next week.

In all seriousness, this guy is an idiot and should know better with the voice he has. He’s part of the body that can try to influence stupid shit like he’s written. Talking nukes, even in jest, is never a laughing matter when you’re in control.

Not the same. I remember when this happened. Reagan had a long, well-established habit of joking during sound-checks. These were NEVER intended for airplay, and this was back in the day when "not intended for airplay" was generally understood and respected. (Not in that case, obviously.)

With Twitter, etc. - ESPECIALLY Twitter - the understanding is whatever you put out there is UNIVERSALLY available, IMMEDIATELY and IRRETRIEVABLY. That is the reason I resisted getting a Twitter account as long as I did, and even now, do not keep myself logged into it.

What ever happened to David Hogg breath ?

Um,Rep. Eric Swalwell made the tweet today @ 12:22pm
Democratic congressman: Force gun owners to get rid of assault weapons

Oops, he made the original statement in May, not March.

#####

May 3, 2018 / 12:38 PM EDT / Updated May 3, 2018 / 12:38 PM EDT
By Benjy Sarlin

WASHINGTON — A Democratic congressman has proposed outlawing “military-style semiautomatic assault weapons” and forcing existing owners to sell their weapons or face prosecution, a major departure from prior gun control proposals that typically exempt existing firearms.

In a USA Today op-ed entitled “Ban assault weapons, buy them back, go after resisters,” Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., argued Thursday that prior proposals to ban assault weapons “would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come.”

Swalwell proposes that the government should offer up to $1,000 for every weapon covered by a new ban, estimating that it would take $15 billion to buy back roughly 15 million weapons — and “criminally prosecute any who choose to defy [the buyback] by keeping their weapons.”

Democratic congressman: Force gun owners to get rid of assault weapons

Oops, he made the original statement in May, not March.

#####

May 3, 2018 / 12:38 PM EDT / Updated May 3, 2018 / 12:38 PM EDT
By Benjy Sarlin

WASHINGTON — A Democratic congressman has proposed outlawing “military-style semiautomatic assault weapons” and forcing existing owners to sell their weapons or face prosecution, a major departure from prior gun control proposals that typically exempt existing firearms.

In a USA Today op-ed entitled “Ban assault weapons, buy them back, go after resisters,” Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., argued Thursday that prior proposals to ban assault weapons “would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come.”

Swalwell proposes that the government should offer up to $1,000 for every weapon covered by a new ban, estimating that it would take $15 billion to buy back roughly 15 million weapons — and “criminally prosecute any who choose to defy [the buyback] by keeping their weapons.”

Therefore, it is no mere (keyboard) "slip of the tongue." And, as I pointed out already, qualitatively different from Reagan's standard off-mic joking circa 1984.

The Reagan incident DOES illustrate, quite clearly, the perils, however, of trusting the media, especially of the Left.

Dem Congressman Threatens to "Nuke" Gun Owners In Civil War Scenario

I believe he is threatening me. Who do I notify?...

iu

I'm waiting for the Maoist wing of the DNC to just flat out state that they would be happy to nuke or send us all to camps over the 2A because they don't think open declarations like that will hurt them politically.

This guy is a moron, at the very best, and has no business being in a position of power. Anyone that voted for this asshat should be embarrassed to show their face in public.

Not the same. I remember when this happened. Reagan had a long, well-established habit of joking during sound-checks. These were NEVER intended for airplay, and this was back in the day when "not intended for airplay" was generally understood and respected. (Not in that case, obviously.)

With Twitter, etc. - ESPECIALLY Twitter - the understanding is whatever you put out there is UNIVERSALLY available, IMMEDIATELY and IRRETRIEVABLY. That is the reason I resisted getting a Twitter account as long as I did, and even now, do not keep myself logged into it.

Not to mention, joking about nuking Soviet Russia is different than joking about nuking Americans.

Back
Top Bottom