Democratic candidates for Governor

Does anyone know how Deval Patrick stands on gun related issues?
This may be important as he just kicked Tom Reilly's butt in the
Democratic Caucuses. According to the Sunday Globe, Patrick did well in traditional liberal cities and towns, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Chris

I sent his group asking about his stance on Gun Control and the 2nd Amendment. That was over a week ago. I will follow up with another email today.

Considering the fact that the Dems seem to have learned that gun control is not a good topic to push during elections, I doubt that you would get anymore than a mush-mouthed comment on the issue.

However, I do seem to recall warnings about Patrick that go back to his days as a prosecutor. Have not been able to find them again so I can't put it forward as truth. Yet.

I sent the second request for where he stands on Gun Control and 2nd Amendment rights. I really hope I get a reply, but I'm not going to hold my breath. :?

mAss Backwards said:
Job #1 right now is the demise of the Reilly campaign.

Bruce,

Reilly is doing a good enough job himself. As time goes on I am less and less worried that he will win. That doesn't mean I won't do everything in my power to make sure he doesn't, but I'm less concerned now than I was a month ago.

I read somewhere that he's basically a full blown anti.

On his page he used the term "gun violence". that's basically all that
needs to be said.

"Gun violence is on the rise in many of our cities today, and illegal
gun trafficking from neighboring states is a big part of that problem. "

So he adopts the standpoint that the other antis around here do, which is
to blame NH and other free states for the general violence issues occuring
in boston.

I found these blurbs of excrement in the PDF on his website:

"LIMIT STRAW PURCHASERS We must limit gun purchases in Massachusetts to
one firearm per month. Currently, criminals can too easily buy large quantities
of weapons and resell them on our streets.
CLOSE THE LOOP HOLES IN GUN SALES We must work to ensure that private sellers
such as those at gun shows are subjected to the same reviews and checks as licensed
dealers.. More specifically, background checks should be required at gun shows and by private dealers alike."

Sounds 110% anti. Guilty as charged! next!

-Mike

FPrice said:
Considering the fact that the Dems seem to have learned that gun control is not a good topic to push during elections, I doubt that you would get anymore than a mush-mouthed comment on the issue.

Remember though, this is MA. This is a state where pols can
get away with rampant murdering of rights, with very little repercussions. A
state where national level politicos can get away with voting any way they
want on the gun issue, because the majority of the voting block either doesnt
care, or is blatantly anti. This isn't like most of the south, where "coming
out of the closet" as being anti gun would pretty much drive the nails into your
coffin on the next election. Or at a minimum would create enough
of a disturbance in the voting blocks to make a difference, even on the
democrat side of the fence.

-Mike

I emailed the Shannon O'Brien campaign in her run for Governor last time around and their first response was 'Oh we are baby hugging anti-gun people! Get them off the streets! Someone might shoot a family.'

I identified myself not only as a gun owner but as someone with enough expendible cash to donate to a campaign and their new response was, 'The O'Brien campaign believes we have enough gun laws already on the books and proper enforcement of those laws is in our best interests.'

No mention of repealing anything so my vote and money went elsewhere. Too bad, up until then I thought she had a chance, especially for her work on people robbing our taxes.

What we need is to ALWAYS make sure that anyone who was an attorney general NEVER gets elected to ANY office unless they relax the gun laws of responsible citizens. This will only happen when everyone who is a gun owner calls these people and lets them know it is an issue and it will affect your vote. Sooner or later when every other phone call they get is from a legal gun owner even the trained monkeys they use to answer the phones will realize that gun laws are a political issue that needs to be addressed.

You don't see Harshbarger running back here to run for office, do you?
Send 'em all to the unemployment line. Make them realize AG is a dead end in your political career.

I hate to say it, but I liked Gabrielli's ad with the kids. O'Reilly's ads stink. Healy's are OK. I have a feeling it is going to get interesting (ugly) right before the elections.

Given the choice, I'd hope that Gabrielli is the Dem canidate in the end. Personally, Im going for Healy. But Gab is about the only Dem that may not kill us all when it come to the 2nd amend and some of his other ideals are actually not bad.

Not to take off track, but the AG race may be the factor that people who enjoy shooting should be watching closer. Larry Fisoli (sp?) should be the canidate of choice there.

frisoli

the Frisoli campaign seems to me to be in the dark. I have not heard much
about it so for me it does not exist.

As for the Dems, of course they are anti gun, they all drink the same
coolade.

Until we take a firm stand and do whatever it takes we are gonna lose.

I'll repeat this whatever it takes. This gets down and dirty, and you may
have to embarass and insult whover is opposing us..... so if your up for
it lets go.

JimB

Back
Top Bottom