Democratic New York governor proposes more firearm laws

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Taking advantage of the Buffalo mass shooting, Hochul held a press conference.

Hochul to propose closing loopholes in New York's gun laws
Hochul told reporters that she wants to expand the state’s existing ban on some assault weapons to include what are called AOWs, or any other weapon. She said some of these guns are functionally assault weapons.

Hochul in October closed another loophole in the laws when she signed a bill that would outlaw so-called “ghost guns.” The guns are assembled after their components are ordered separately online in what are known as “buy, build and shoot” kits.
The gun used by the suspect, an automatic rifle known as an AR-15, is sold legally in New York. But the gun was modified with a high-capacity magazine that allows 30 shots per round.
I suspect the last statement either is either meant to earn a badge of honor among the Democratic readership or is deliberately intended to deceive.

The governor, speaking on NPR on Sunday, said she wants social media companies to install better early warning systems to detect potentially dangerous and hateful speech.

“A system that would immediately alert individuals when racist content or of any manifesto type materials that shows a propensity or desire to harm others, to kill them, to maim them, to have mass casualties,” Hochul said.

There is already a bill in the Legislature, sponsored by Patricia Fahy in the Assembly and Anna Kaplan in the Senate, that would require social media companies to maintain rigorous reporting mechanisms and standards for hateful speech, especially if it could lead to potential extremism and violence.

So, water is wet, the sky is blue (sometimes), gunz are bad and we hate bad wordz.

doublefu2.gif

I want me a AOW assault weapon. Jack.

CT currently won't sell an "assault weapon" unless you're a special person, or it's pre-ban. As in the Fed ban of 1993(?).

However, CT WILL sell you an AOW, because it's not statutorily prohibited.

I was shocked when I saw one my buddy bought, it's basically an AR with a vertical foregrip, and on the 4473 and DPS-3C it's classed as "Other".

Furthermore, they often come with a warning that the firearm might not be legal in another state because it would be considered an "assault weapon".

Or a reporter who knows nothing about firearms and makes up terms on the fly
There are many coincidences of saying utterly wrong things pertaining to firearms among the Democratic/media bloc. I've long had a theory that it is a badge of honor among them to make such statements to feign not knowing because nice, affluent types who went to good schools would never dare to be seen by the greater intelligentsia to know the first thing about firearms. Moreover, I suspect it would embarrass them before their peers to be seen as having even a rudimentary understanding of firearms.

This is not rocket science, and we're not talking about deep knowledge of firearms or building them. This is simply a matter of getting a couple of basic terms correct, yet somehow they repeatedly get those same terms wrong.

The governor, speaking on NPR on Sunday, said she wants social media companies to install better early warning systems to detect potentially dangerous and hateful speech.

“A system that would immediately alert individuals when racist content or of any manifesto type materials that shows a propensity or desire to harm others, to kill them, to maim them, to have mass casualties,” Hochul said.

There is already a bill in the Legislature, sponsored by Patricia Fahy in the Assembly and Anna Kaplan in the Senate, that would require social media companies to maintain rigorous reporting mechanisms and standards for hateful speech, especially if it could lead to potential extremism and violence.

So, water is wet, the sky is blue (sometimes), gunz are bad and we hate bad wordz.

View attachment 616953

I think this is a great idea. First step - filter all of his/her/it's speech through the same system and see what pops up.

It's so easy to stop this sort of thing - turn it around and point it right back at them. Suddenly, it's not such a great algorithm anymore.

CT currently won't sell an "assault weapon" unless you're a special person, or it's pre-ban. As in the Fed ban of 1993(?).

However, CT WILL sell you an AOW, because it's not statutorily prohibited.

I was shocked when I saw one my buddy bought, it's basically an AR with a vertical foregrip, and on the 4473 and DPS-3C it's classed as "Other".

Furthermore, they often come with a warning that the firearm might not be legal in another state because it would be considered an "assault weapon".

Shh don't tell Lamont about the Other Loophole!

"Never let a good crisis go to waste".
Meanwhile media blackout on the Wild West weekend in Chicago, the shooting in Milwaukee after the Celtics/Bucks game last week, the ethnic shooting in CA. and no hate crime designation for the Black driver who posted his hatred of white people and cops mowing down white people at the parade last year. It's open season for blacks on us white folks, remember all the violence against Asians they blamed on Trump and the China Flu. They failed to mention almost all the violence was committed by black felons who should have been in prison. Unfortunate fact the media ignores because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Someone get that reporter some medical attention - she's having a stroke, going from regular speaking to word salad.

It's not 1985-90 anymore. Dude. Shave or grow a real beard. You're not Don Johnson. lol. At least Don Johnson knew how to talk about a gunmagclipthingthatgoesup.

Someone get that reporter some medical attention - she's having a stroke, going from regular speaking to word salad.
766.gif

I have to assume there comes a point in everyone's lives where they have this come to Jesus moment and just see right through the bullshit. Hochul just reeks of desperation at this point. She's just throwing anything out there hoping she will look like she's on top of it. Lets double down on failure, that will work. Good god what a narcissistic doosh.

I have to assume there comes a point in everyone's lives where they have this come to Jesus moment and just see right through the bullshit. Hochul just reeks of desperation at this point. She's just throwing anything out there hoping she will look like she's on top of it. Lets double down on failure, that will work. Good god what a narcissistic doosh.
fighting safe suburbs for the crimes of the inner city strategy never fails. you have to punish those who agrees to be punished. as the opposite is a very difficult task to accomplish.
and politicians do not do difficult.

More on the microstamping law:
New push in NY to force gunmakers to adopt microstamping
https://archive.ph/7NK43
Given the actual goal is some type of firearm-related prohibition rather than solving crime--rather than admit this is garbage tech, New York Democrats may end up passing a requirement implementing penalties similar to those of defacing serial numbers. So firearm owners legally could be on the hook for ensuring microstamps on firing pins and/or breech faces are always at least capable of stamping legibly. They could also make it prohibitively expensive to replace firing pins. New pins would have to be tracked when sold, with records tying them to specific serial numbers. If not--firing pin loophole.

There is no downside to the microstamping scam for New York Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom