Democrats push firearms purchasing ban for people who voluntarily give up their 2A rights

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otQPnIO5Yfs

will these gentlemen be giving up their switcheys?

yet YouTube kicks legit gun owners off their site. I kept hoping when he held the Glock to his head, someone would bump his boogerhook and his brains would splattered all over the camera.

I wonder how long it will be before we hear of this aspiring rap "artist" being mowed down in a hail of bullets.

Will this list be like the do not fly list that a lot of people didn't know they were on?

Its easy to accidently get on a list because the government fxcks up....not so easy to get off of it.

It will be added to red flag takeaways. For you own safety and that of the children.

WTF part of the word "unalienable" do these people not get?

"impossible to take away or give up"

This word does not appear anywhere in the Constitution. I get your point, but... just saying.
There are a lot of words that are not explicit in the USC but are used as "rights". When the word unalienable was used in the Declaration of Independence, that was assumed to be carried over to our "natural" rights delineated in the first ten amendments, our Bill of Rights.

The whole premiss of this is rediculous. Basically a person who believes they cannot control their own actions to the point that they will kill themselves if given the opportunity. And so will push the responsibility for self control onto the gov. And that will somehow magically prevent their suicide.
BUT if they really wanted to kill themselves, lack of a gun is hardly going to stop them.
BUT since they have admitted they want to kill themselves and can't control their own action, shouldn't they be locked up?

So go ahead and pass the law and create you list of potential suicides. Then lock up everyone on the list because that is the only way you will prevent their self harm. If they don't, the family of the first person on that list to kill themselves will sue the sh@t out of the gov for not doing anything when they had clear information that the person was suicidal.

There is just no way this works out to be a good idea.
it's just a wedge.

the B.O.R. are protected from the government.

Not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

Plus these bills aren't aimed at criminals, they are bills aimed at infringing on law abiding citizens.
What's it matter to you?

It's their own choice

The issue is making it a law

This really should be a button on the fbi's website

I don't need a dog and pony show for something that should take 5 minutes to implement

What's it matter to you?

It's their own choice

The issue is making it a law

This really should be a button on the fbi's website

I don't need a dog and pony show for something that should take 5 minutes to implement
it should matter to everyone...

Incremental gun control, now asking people to voluntarily give up their rights and if you do....they make it permanent?

That should be very concerning to every American.

The 5th amendment.....anytime during police question you can give up your right to remain silent and then you can also invoke it again.

It's no permanent even for that individual event.

What you already said you could be screwed with but you have the right to stop talking and request a lawyer at any point.

Why does someone have to Gove up their 2A rights permanently?

Why are Americans being asked to commit to this?

It should not be allowed.

But yes, it should matter to all of us.

it should matter to everyone...

Incremental gun control, now asking people to voluntarily give up their rights and if you do....they make it permanent?

That should be very concerning to every American.

The 5th amendment.....anytime during police question you can give up your right to remain silent and then you can also invoke it again.

It's no permanent even for that individual event.

What you already said you could be screwed with but you have the right to stop talking and request a lawyer at any point.

Why does someone have to Gove up their 2A rights permanently?

Why are Americans being asked to commit to this?

It should not be allowed.

But yes, it should matter to all of us.
Listen shit has consequences same thing as signing up for a 150k loan at 18 has consequences

Giving up a right has consequences

I'm all for personal choice if they feel this works for them who are you to judge

Should it be a law... no its unconstitutional

Like i said it should be a thing on the fbi website you go check a box and boom your out

No fuss no muss done no need for a self suck fest to sign it into law

The whole premiss of this is rediculous. Basically a person who believes they cannot control their own actions to the point that they will kill themselves if given the opportunity. And so will push the responsibility for self control onto the gov. And that will somehow magically prevent their suicide.
BUT if they really wanted to kill themselves, lack of a gun is hardly going to stop them.
BUT since they have admitted they want to kill themselves and can't control their own action, shouldn't they be locked up?

So go ahead and pass the law and create you list of potential suicides. Then lock up everyone on the list because that is the only way you will prevent their self harm. If they don't, the family of the first person on that list to kill themselves will sue the sh@t out of the gov for not doing anything when they had clear information that the person was suicidal.

There is just no way this works out to be a good idea.
It is the perfect idea, you explained why.

When the list fails, they will push for more checks, maybe even a mandatory psychological evaluation every so many months or years.

Also, how easy is it to add a name to the list? ... how can you stop someone from adding all their neighbors?

What will happen is many law abiding citizens will find themselves on the list, the gov will say "oh, sorry, we don't know how that happened, here, fill this form ans pay $50. Wait 6 months to a year for removal".

When the list fails, they will push for more checks, maybe even a mandatory psychological evaluation every so many months or years.

Also, how easy is it to add a name to the list? ... how can you stop someone from adding all their neighbors?

What will happen is many law abiding citizens will find themselves on the list, the gov will say "oh, sorry, we don't know how that happened, here, fill this form ans pay $50. Wait 6 months to a year for removal".
Beyond what you said, this about setting a precedent. A cold start to denying a 2nd amendment right for non-felons is harder than "this is an extension of the Enhanced Community Safety and Domestic Protection Act"

Adding:

Wait until they fill kids heads that they should opt into this, they send the forms when they are 15, then realize what they have done when they turn 21 but takes psychiatric evaluations and 2 years to be removed from the list.

Yup, I'm sure all the criminals and insane are lining up to sign up for this.
They will be when the alternative is jail time, who needs legal guns anyways?
This will lead to bad things, first voluntary, then as Rob stated plea deal, soon close friends & family will be able to volunteer you, I can see even employers insisting you’re on the list before you get the job offer. Just look at what they did with the vaccine mandate.
Trojan Horse
100% pretty soon every tech company in cambridge will have this in their contracts
Don’t worry, there is a healthy attack on 1A, too. Prince stinkytwat and his wife Meghan came here to slowly erode 1A under the guise of safety and combating disinformation and the “violence of words.” They’re obsessed with people saying “mean things” online and want to pass laws to combat it.
Can I still say c***? It's a very english thing to say

This will lead to bad things, first voluntary, then as Rob stated plea deal, soon close friends & family will be able to volunteer you, I can see even employers insisting you’re on the list before you get the job offer. Just look at what they did with the vaccine mandate.
Trojan Horse
I am guessing, since they are selling it as a way to prevent suicides, signing up will probably be very easy, which is why I asked earlier - How will they prevent someone from signing up all their neighbors?

This is basically red flag, without the red flag.

“What if, for example, you are involved with a psychiatrist and the guy you’ve seen for years and you depend on for your mental health says to you, ‘If you want to continue seeing me you have to put your name on this registry,” Roy said Thursday. “You now have a choice: Keep your Second Amendment rights or lose your doctor.”

Buh bye doc [rofl]
Honestly this bill is the dumbest sounding thing I ever heard

This is a feel-good piece of legislation that won't go anywhere. But it'll give the sponsor something they can shout about on the campaign trail. That's all this is.

Legislation requires attorney general to establish list of people who agree to be blocked from buying a gun​

House Democrats on Wednesday advanced legislation that would establish a federally controlled list of people who voluntarily agree to be blocked from buying guns.

The bill is aimed at preventing gun suicides, which supporters of the legislation say is claiming the lives of more than 25,000 Americans each year. The proposal from Reps. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and John Curtis, R-Utah, would let anyone who fears they might take their own life with a gun to enroll themselves on a list of people who would then be blocked from buying a firearm.

On Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee approved the bill in a party-line vote after a debate in which Republicans said the bill is the latest attempt by Democrats to move the country toward a ban on firearms.

If you were as ugly as her, you'd want to commit suicide as well.
Adding:

Wait until they fill kids heads that they should opt into this, they send the forms when they are 15, then realize what they have done when they turn 21 but takes psychiatric evaluations and 2 years to be removed from the list.
Never happen. If they did, where would they get their draftees for the next war from? Local customer on Active Duty told my they aren't getting enough recruits as it is. Most of the people I see checking off to be added to Selective Service are people the services would never accept anyway.
They will be when the alternative is jail time, who needs legal guns anyways?

100% pretty soon every tech company in cambridge will have this in their contracts

Can I still say c***? It's a very english thing to say
No, you can't. You voluntarily gave up your 1A rights. Don't you remember checking that box off?
Cuz they're all in Chode Island.

Every interaction I've had with RI LEO's has been terrible, Mass LEO's has been excellent.
Guess they'd have to be. Everyone I've met from RI has been a total, arrogant A-hole, so I guess you need officers who can deal with them in the same way.

Back
Top Bottom