• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Denied ltc?

I have been waiting 8 weeks as of today for a response from the quincy pd about my ltc approval or denial. I do not have the cleanest of records. I called the lisensing officer last week, she said everything in ma checks out however i plead guilty in nh for possesion of class d five years ago. Am definatly going to be denied? If so what does that mean as far as beeing eligable for other lisenses? any info would be great thanks. mike.

Mike, sorry to hear your trouble.

I'd keep it off the internet if I were you. No good can come from tlking about it here.

I think you might be SOL, but only a lawyer could tell you for sure. Look in the legal section here in the forum and talk to one of them.

I dont believe possesion of a class d is a felony. As long as it isnt then you not federally disqualified. Looks to me like your gonna have to pray your CLEO is having a good day. from what ive heard Quincy is pretty green. As far as future licences if you do get denied your going to have to mention it on every application in the future.

I believe that a drug conviction in MA would be an automatic disqualifier. Your offense was in NH, so I'm guessing that doesn't automatically disqualify you, but you are at the mercy of your CLEO and his judgment of your suitability.

ETA: and it looks like I was wrong, based on what Len posted.

Last edited:
I have been waiting 8 weeks as of today for a response from the quincy pd about my ltc approval or denial. I do not have the cleanest of records. I called the lisensing officer last week, she said everything in ma checks out however i plead guilty in nh for possesion of class d five years ago. Am definatly going to be denied? If so what does that mean as far as beeing eligable for other lisenses? any info would be great thanks. mike.

I'm sorry to say that whether you post this on the Internet or not, it won't effect the outcome.

Statutory disqualification's​
[FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman][FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman]
(i)​
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman][FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman]has, in any state or federal jurisdiction, been convicted or adjudicated a youthful offender or delinquent child for the commission of: [/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman][FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman]
. . .
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman][FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman](e) [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman][FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman]a violation of any law regulating the use, possession or sale of controlled substances as defined in section 1 of chapter 94C
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

This is quoted direct from MGL C. 140 S. 131 - LTC

I do NOT know if this is also a Fed DQ (seeing it happened in NH), but advise you to seek legal counsel in NH (NOT MA) to assist you. NH may even have a way to expunge an old conviction for minor offenses (MA does NOT allow this). If you get it expunged, it would be like it never happened and you could get a LTC in MA (and elsewhere). HOWEVER since you already applied, the denial will still mean that you will forever have to disclose it on all or almost all ccw permit applications.

Sorry you're in this mess and wish you the best trying to clear your name.

My recommendations for firearms-savvy NH legal counsel are: E. F. Nappen (Concord) or Penny Dean.

If you are denied contact Comm2A and get on our radar. We will be dealing with this eventually. Link is in my signature.

Provided that your mass troubles doesn't complicate it NH can issue an annulment for misdemeanors after the 5 year waiting period has passed. That's 5 years after your conviction and subsequent penalties have passed. PM sent.

Provided that your mass troubles doesn't complicate it NH can issue an annulment for misdemeanors after the 5 year waiting period has passed. That's 5 years after your conviction and subsequent penalties have passed. PM sent.

Thanks for adding that. That's what I had recalled reading before. Hope the OP follows up on your advice! +1Rep!

Back
Top Bottom