• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Derr Custom CMP 1911

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I asked Greg to build me a CMP 1911 so I can finish getting double distinguished. FINALLY I figured I would shoot a couple of up coming matches this fall and went to the range to practice a bit today. This was one handed slowfire @ 25 yards, I didn't want to shoot 50 yards today I don't think my fragile brain could take the results. I will be doing a lot of dry firing over the next few weeks. [thinking]

Regardless it can hold @ 25 with my rusty arm.

DERR_CMP1911.jpg

Nice,

What kind of specs.? Did you start with a GI model, or what ever SAI calls it, or was it something a little more refined?

B

Nice,

What kind of specs.? Did you start with a GI model, or what ever SAI calls it, or was it something a little more refined?

B

Started with the GI Model.

Greg added Kart NM barrel and bushing, BoMar BMCS rear sight, MGW dovetail front sight, and a Grieder trigger.

That's one nice-looking .45!

I'm curious about one thing. Does it have the Series 80 firing pin block or is it a Series 70 design?

Back
Top Bottom