• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Desperate Times - eFA10 transfer by mail due to non-essential 'Stay At Home' order?

Looked a few places but couldn't find an answer. What happens to the eFA10 FTF Private Transfer system if non-essential business is barred from happening state-wide?

If firearms stores are closed (even though inventory is severely depleted), can MA residents still conduct transfers by eFA10 and mail the firearms? Seems like there would be something written against it somewhere, but I didn't see anything in the portal barring such actions.

Last edited:
Common sense would say that is a great idea.

However, common sense is really lacking in the MA gov't.

If someone shows you their LTC on a video chat, and you enter their license in the EFA10, I assume it will tell you if its
valid. If the EFA10 system does not already do that, what fricking good is it anyway?

There IS the validation tool on the portal as well. I've had sellers request copies of it for magazine sales via mail and it worked well. I tested the validation tool this morning and it works and it gives you a 24 hour expiration on the document.

Is there anything anywhere that specifically prohibits this? I mean, c'mon MA, it's the 2020's...we're basically in 'Demolition Man' territory here where no one makes physical contact and the 'three seashells' are right around the corner.

Looked a few places but couldn't find an answer. What happens to the eFA10 FTF Private Transfer system if non-essential business is barred from happening state-wide?

If firearms stores are closed (even though inventory is severely depleted), can MA residents still conduct transfers by eFA10 and mail the firearms? Seems like there would be something written against it somewhere, but I didn't see anything in the portal barring such actions.

It's not "non-essential business" that's closed. It's non-essential businesses. The Commonwealth would be crazy to shut down the eFA10 portal because it's used for several other legally required purposes (example: report lost/stolen guns), although that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen.

What do you mean "mail the firearms"? Face to face transfers within MA are ok (licensed persons, eFA10). Long gun purchases outside MA are still legal (must be licensed and report on eFA10 if the gun comes back to MA). Shipping guns in-state or from out of state requires a MA and federal FFL, and they are presumably all closed as of noon today because they are non-essential businesses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom