• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dicks Sporting Goods Now Matches Online Prices For Ammo

Haven’t spent a dime there since they decided to trample our rights.

Last three purchases at D-word's were:

Socks around Thanksgiving from my son to his sisters.
A warm winter hat before Thanksgiving.
My TNF jacket 2 years ago.

My boycott isn't doing much b/c I never did much business with them. I did buy some .22 ammo from them back early in "the shortage."

We used to spend a good deal of money there.

Anyone with kids in sports knows that it’s a routine stop before the start of each season. Multiple sports every year means looking for new equipment/shoes/cleats every few months.

If they were giving away ammo for free, I wouldn't darken their door.

Same here. I used to buy ammo there years ago. But I'm not letting a company keep my personal info for an ammo purchase.

As an aside from the OP...

I see this a HUGE news. I interpret this as Dicks is recognizing that they are losing business and customers. They are trying to do damage control and win customers back.

Give them nothing. Let them pull all related firearms from all of their stores. Let them Replace with a massive YETI section and section and virtue signal themselves into oblivion.

I agree, it would be a fitting decision for them.

I see no problem with this so long as you can find online prices so low that Dicks is selling it below cost, therefore losing money and inventory. Every sale fvcks them over a little bit. You get cheap boolits, they continue to sink. Win win.

I see no problem with this so long as you can find online prices so low that Dicks is selling it below cost, therefore losing money and inventory. Every sale fvcks them over a little bit. You get cheap boolits, they continue to sink. Win win.
Think they'll match TSUSA Prime pricing? Not gonna go ask, nor would I buy if they would, just curious how far they'll actually go...

I can’t agree with this, “no sale” would hurt them even more, so why give them anything after they showed their ass to every gun owning sportsman in the country just for some political back slapping? from a bunch of commie bastards who hate America?

Last edited:
I can’t agree with this, “no sale” would hurt them even more, so why give them anything after they showed their ass to every gun owning sportsman in the country just for some political grab handing from a bunch of commie bastards who hate America?
You lost me when you caused the visual of a dicks ass... And in the very next sentence said "grab handing" which I am PRAYING was a spell check/typo thing...

You lost me when you caused the visual of a dicks ass... And in the very next sentence said "grab handing" which I am PRAYING was a spell check/typo thing...

lol yep. Good catch. I’ll fix that one right up.

I can’t agree with this, “no sale” would hurt them even more, so why give them anything after they showed their ass to every gun owning sportsman in the country just for some political back slapping? from a bunch of commie bastards who hate America?
They pretty routinely put out 20% off your purchase coupons...if you price match to some silly online price and then use the discount I bet they are losing money on the deal.

I shopped at dicks pretty regularly during “the shortage”. I stopped after Walmart got their stocks back up since it’s a lot cheaper there. Until very recently I didn’t really have a LGS to support either. Now I do and dicks has been completely replaced. I just wish there were a decent shop for fishing tackle close by.

Not sure where you’re out of but if you’re in metrowest area there’s a Lunker’s in Ashland for tackle and such.

Not sure where you’re out of but if you’re in metrowest area there’s a Lunker’s in Ashland for tackle and such.
I’m way out west, over an hour from cabelas even. If I’m in that neck of the woods with some time to kill I’ll keep them in mind though.

Forget coupons and the like.

Target Sports prime membership. If you don't save the amount of the membership they refund it, you get mystery ammo boxes and they are shipped to your door so you don't have to deal with other humans. That alone is worth the price to me.:)

Dicks sucks (no pun intended) in so many ways. When I was a new gun owner, I was dumb enough to buy ammo from them. Once I wised up, I still shopped to other sporting goods there such as ski helmets for my girls.

After Parkland, f*** them with a broomstick. I will never set foot in a single one of their stores.

I will pay more money to get my ammo elsewhere if necessary.

Nice try Dicks....I'll stick with TargetSportsUSA thank you very much.

Ditto. I don't even have to leave my house. I want Dick's to fold faster than Sears (not that I have anything against Sears, they're just on life support).

Back
Top Bottom