• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did anyone buy anything good today?

As much as I think the tax free holiday is a bandaid to piss poor governance, I do think taking advantage of it to buy a gun is a sweet irony here.

So, anything good?

(yes, I realize every weekend is tax free in a certain state and I realize the MA state government sucks)

Nothing today, might go to Home Despot tomorrow and pick up some tools I've been eyeing (air compressor and some pneumatic tools). If I was closer to Woburn (and my wife wasn't anti) I might have ended up at Four Seasons with a s***-ton of other people from what I've read [laugh]

Bought a dryer from Lowe's online. Bought some floor mats (office chairs on carpet) and a chrome plated 6-tier rack shelving at Costco's. Plan on heading to another Costco's for another rack (car couldn't hold a 2nd one today) and HD to look at ceiling fans tomorrow.

M&P40c

Leaving for Harvard in <30 min.

I'll be stubbly, beer-worn, wearing black shorts/probably black band shirt.

Not bringin everything for full range trip, mainly just the new guy and ~600 rds of .40

I stocked up on ammo for my M&P 9mm. Bought 200 rounds. Store was kind of busy too. Wife was looking at a 22 Walther. It was a little expensive at $495. At least she is looking though!!! She has MS, so its a little hard for her to shoot anything. The guy at the store said they would be able to do a trigger job for her, once she bought it.

Went to Blue Northern Trading in Ayer

Picked up:
Beretta 92FS
200 rds of 9mm
Cleaning kit
Bore Snake
Cheapo IWB holster
4 packs of Shoot N C targets
Range Bag
Sentry Fire box for ammo

All in all...I blew about a grand yesterday...yay...$62.50 in savings!!!!

Didn't get the chance to go to four seaons =( I was eyeing the 870 express. Oh well, I'll wait till next year.

Went to Blue Northern Trading in Ayer

Picked up:
Beretta 92FS
200 rds of 9mm
Cleaning kit
Bore Snake
Cheapo IWB holster
4 packs of Shoot N C targets
Range Bag
Sentry Fire box for ammo

All in all...I blew about a grand yesterday...yay...$62.50 in savings!!!!
My wife went there to pick us up an AK. They were sold out, but let her pre-order it and still beat the tax. She said it was kinda crowded when she went. I think it's funny that the gov "gives" us a tax free weekend and everyone buys weapons! Think they see the handwriting on the wall? Probably not.

I'm glad you got the 92fs. Did you get the inox?

Yep...got the Inox and can't wait to shoot it. I would have gone today, but I'm getting over a cold.

I showed up there around 3pm or so and one other guy was there buying a M&P .22 (AR-15 style).

All in all, it took me about 20 minutes to do the paper work, pick up the extras and be done.

They are very friendly and helpful. Plus, the guy who did all my paper work is a Green Bay fan...that day was full of WIN for me. [smile]

Buddy of mine (Sibb) went to Four Seasons and said it was packed. He even posted a pic of Facebook of the hallway where people were standing in in just to get in! Kinda glad I didn't go there.

Gave the wife a brief demo of the gun. She's not a gun fan, but doesn't mind me having one. Also, went over the rules with my 6 yr old girl who can't wait to grow up so she can shoot like daddy. I just hope she shoots better than me. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom