• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did anyone buy anything good today?

Brake pads and rotors. Something I was going to buy in the next couple weeks anyway, but it's always good to save a few more dollars and stick it to the man at the same time.

655951.jpg

Went to the toy store today intent on buying a new LCR with CTC grips. Upon entering the store I see a gentleman in the process of finishing his transaction I also see 2 ruger LCR Boxes. Gentlman finishes up and leaves with his new purchase. I speak with the person at the store and tell him what I want. Store owner tells me he just took two LCR's in trade, one unfired and one with under 100 rounds threw it. joking I say what kind of deal would I get if i bought them both? I ended up getting both plus a box of ammo for less then the purchase price of a new LCR with the CTC laser grips. Came home and told the wife she got a present, i cant wait to shoot them, the triggers are great on them.

Went to the toy store today intent on buying a new LCR with CTC grips. Upon entering the store I see a gentleman in the process of finishing his transaction I also see 2 ruger LCR Boxes. Gentlman finishes up and leaves with his new purchase. I speak with the person at the store and tell him what I want. Store owner tells me he just took two LCR's in trade, one unfired and one with under 100 rounds threw it. joking I say what kind of deal would I get if i bought them both? I ended up getting both plus a box of ammo for less then the purchase price of a new LCR with the CTC laser grips. Came home and told the wife she got a present, i cant wait to shoot them, the triggers are great on them.

I hate you.[laugh]

Night sights for my P226 (the existing had gone dead - it's an 86 gun)
Rail covers for my AR
A Streamlight
Electronic earmuffs
200 rds of Privy 5.56
A liquor cabinet

Bought a Commander-sized ATI GI 1911 (.45ACP of course!) yesterday and a snow blower from Home Depot today. Good deals on both (no sales tax plus 6 months no interest payment plan at the Depot).

A Beretta 92 at Four Seasons after waiting in line for 2 hours. Did anyone else see that mob scene? It was well worth it[smile].

@ Apple store, I opt to window browsing than waiting in line.
@ Bass pro, test drive ATV & spend $1 for 2 target shooting game.

2hrs to save 40 bucks? in principal i am with you but i dont think I could stand it. Four Seasons is crowded enough during a normal day. Good for you on the Beretta 92 they are a great gun regardless of what the polymer people think LOL . I love shooting my 92

I bought some gas,because I wanted to pay taxes.

Seriously,how come gas is still taxed,it would be about $2.00 a gallon with no state tax.

WTF

I'm taking a long-shot guess on this one, and that it is because of how and when the state sales tax is applied to the product being sold at the retail level.

For example, a wholesaler from where a retail store gets it's product pays no taxes to sell that product to the retailer. Like a truckload of pants. The wholesaler has it's sales-tax exempt certificate because they are not at the end of the line of the sale. So the retailer receives the product, and tacks on the sales tax at the point-of-purchase. The retailer then submits it's gross receipts to the state and pays the state the tax it collected by selling to the consumer said truckload of pants.

With gas and smokes, the tax to the state was paid for by the wholesaler (or manufacturer), and thus the retailer. That is why you don't see a tax line-item on your recepit for those products, because the sales tax was already collected by the retailer when they bought from the wholesaler, who already paid said state sales tax when they purchased from the manufacturer. Thusly, the price for a gallon of gas or pack of smokes is WYSIWIG. I realize that cigs are a bit different in that the retailers usually post their prices "+ tax", but that is more of a marketing gimmic to make the price "seem" lower, I reckon'.

Now imagine the tax-free holiday applying to those products. The retailer has already paid the sales taxes to the wholesaler/manufacturer. How would the government then be able to refund that sales-tax money to every retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer in the chain? The gas, in particular, was purchased by the retailer from the wholesaler at a set price, yet the current price of the gas at the pump is set to reflect the next order, not the current one.

Talk about a logistical nightmare.

That's my guess, and I'm sticking to it. :)

Last edited:
2hrs to save 40 bucks? in principal i am with you but i dont think I could stand it. Four Seasons is crowded enough during a normal day. Good for you on the Beretta 92 they are a great gun regardless of what the polymer people think LOL . I love shooting my 92

I would have stood in the same line to keep $.40 of my hard earned money out of this corrupt state's coffers. As a recovered "polymer person" I can't agree with you more.

bought myself a Mossberg 500 to do some beginner trap shooting with and a new disposal for the wife to keep myself from spending half my free time from unjamming the old one... thus freeing myself for trap shooting...

S&W 637 (with the laser grips)
42' Flat screen
New love seat of the living room

Dude...its called a couch..not a love seat.

Negative man points there pal.

You were solid up to that point...but BAM..."Love Seat"???

Really? Next thing you tell me is you bought a duvet for your canopy bed and cozies for your tea table.

...and before you comment on how I knew what a duvet was...I asked my wife!

See you at work tomorrow Sibbina.

Last edited:
bought myself a Mossberg 500 to do some beginner trap shooting with and a new disposal for the wife to keep myself from spending half my free time from unjamming the old one... thus freeing myself for trap shooting...

WIN WIN there.

Dude...its called a couch..not a love seat.

Negative man points there pal.

You were solid up to that point...but BAM..."Love Seat"???

Really? Next thing you tell me is you bought a duvet for your canopy bed and cozies for your tea table.

...and before you comment on how I knew what a duvet was...I asked my wife!

See you at work tomorrow Sibbina.

loveseat is technically different than a couch!

Back
Top Bottom