• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did I Score or Did I Get Screwed?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Probably both. After long months of looking for .44 Special ammo, I finally found some. Plinking/range, NOT SD rounds. One box. At $1.23/round. OUCH! But it's better than no ammo. Otherwise I'd have to get way too close in order to "buffalo" the bad guys.

Please, no snarky comments about reloading. Once I get better settled, I will start again. For the time being I have to rely on factory ammo.

BTW, anyone have any experience with PrecisionOne? The shop said they've had good experiences with it.

IMG_1098.JPG

That's the going rate for now. If you have the gun, you could get some lighter load 44mag for cheaper.

From the title I didn't expect an ammo thread. My first thought was "probably both."

That's the going rate for now. If you have the gun, you could get some lighter load 44mag for cheaper.

HAH! I haven't even seen any Magnums, except some high-price SD loads.

From the title I didn't expect an ammo thread. My first thought was "probably both."

A little "creative" thread titling.

Probably both. After long months of looking for .44 Special ammo, I finally found some. Plinking/range, NOT SD rounds. One box. At $1.23/round. OUCH! But it's better than no ammo. Otherwise I'd have to get way too close in order to "buffalo" the bad guys.

Please, no snarky comments about reloading. Once I get better settled, I will start again. For the time being I have to rely on factory ammo.

BTW, anyone have any experience with PrecisionOne? The shop said they've had good experiences with it.

View attachment 623178
Never heard of that brand before. Is it remanufactured ammo? Plated or jacketed bullet?

Targetsports has 44 spl in stock for $0.94 per round

You have it now and you didn't before so yea it's worth it. For me it's the same as primers. Some would call me nuts for paying a buck twenty or more for a brick but at least I have them. I was amazed when I walked into Armour Sports a few weeks back and they had a 50 round box of 45 Colt, I haven't seen that in a long time and it wasn't cheap. Got a couple of boxes of 44/40's from the same shop a while back as well, even harder to get than the Colts.

It's not the deal you get....it's the deal you THINK you get.

2-3 years ago, if someone had told me to stock up on $6/box Trap ammo as a hedge against inflation, because it would be going for $12, I'd have said you were nuts.

You wanna play, you gotta pay.
I like your style. This is why, after I buy something, I never go look up what it is worth. Once the deal is done I don’t want to know if I overpaid. The time for that was before making the deal.

You have it now and you didn't before so yea it's worth it. For me it's the same as primers. Some would call me nuts for paying a buck twenty or more for a brick but at least I have them. I was amazed when I walked into Armour Sports a few weeks back and they had a 50 round box of 45 Colt, I haven't seen that in a long time and it wasn't cheap. Got a couple of boxes of 44/40's from the same shop a while back as well, even harder to get than the Colts.
45 colt is available online and shipping to MA for 86cpr plus shipping at one place and 94cpr at another. I’m not really seeing any ammo shortages anymore.

44-40 Win is in its own category because it seems like it hasn’t been manufactured in the last couple years.

It's not the deal you get....it's the deal you THINK you get.

2-3 years ago, if someone had told me to stock up on $6/box Trap ammo as a hedge against inflation, because it would be going for $12, I'd have said you were nuts.

You wanna play, you gotta pay.
I like to play, so I got's to pay! Luckily I also had the foresight to stock up on trap/skeet shells when Dick's was discontinuing them.

20190121_124309.jpg

The Remmys were $3.99 per box and the Rios were a shopping $2.99

I grabbed every case of #8 shot that they had in the store.

I like to play, so I got's to pay! Luckily I also had the foresight to stock up on trap/skeet shells when Dick's was discontinuing them.

View attachment 624313

The Remmys were $3.99 per box and the Rios were a shopping $2.99

I grabbed every case of #8 shot that they had in the store.
Where are you parked?

Asking for a friend....

Back
Top Bottom