Did you folks see this yet?

Are they biodegradable? My K-Cups from my Kuerig machine need all the space they can get along with my plastic grocery bags.

About a decade ago I tried some polymer cased .223 from a company that went out of business soon after.
(Natec I think it was called). It seems like a good idea, but there were some questions about whether it was as accurate as metal cased and I think some reports of bullets sometimes getting pushed back into the case. Seems like someone needs to work out all the kinks to make it competitive with metal cases. But it is lighter, which makes a lot of sense for aircraft, or people who need to carry a lot of ammunition around.

I've got a box or two of some "Activ" shotgun shells which are all plastic.

About Activ Hulls

Shotgunworld.com • Value of activ shotgun shells

20170429095557-8857.jpg

WinchesterPlastic.jpg

It's interesting what I've learned so far. It looks like they fixed the previous attempts issues. And are partnered with Dillon to get the aviation realm curious. With ammo weight cut by 1/3 , the little birds could really bring some pain.

Yea that is a no for me, I had Activ ammo blow up my 870 back in the day. (tore the head off and the primer was protruding a little on the next round and kaboom. (open battery)

Yea that is a no for me, I had Activ ammo blow up my 870 back in the day. (tore the head off and the primer was protruding a little on the next round and kaboom. (open battery)
probably a reason that ammo is generally made of brass/steel right? low powered shotgun target ammo has a small brass base and higher powered stuff has a taller brass base.......probably for a good reason. I've seen the all plastic shells.......hard pass......so why would I want an all plastic case for rifle ammo? Yeah yeah.......the claim is the military is interested.........plastic is not exactly "cutting edge"......something tells me if it were that much of a good thing the military would have been using it like 30 years ago.

The real usefulness of this stuff is to keep the durquas from picking up spent shells and rolling their own. I can't see how this shit would be reloadable.

Back in the 70s or 80s there was a line of 38 spl ammo made of plastic and it was reloadable. The cases were resized with a hand roll that looked like grip strengthening equipment. You could also resize them by boiling the cases in a sauce pan.

Back
Top Bottom