• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did YOU see THAT!?!?!

J

Jose

Holy shite! Check out this new Magpul carbine!!!!!

AR magazine-compatible. Piston driven. Not a pistoned-AR. $1400 [shocked]

I am in love!!!
[smile]

masadaoh4.jpg

Hmm, a rifle named after the sight of a mass suicide rather than fight against insurmountable odds...

Just a thought.

Not to devolve too much, but are you guys saying that if someone created the
".458 Crucifier" and tried to sell it on the world market Christians would not care?
That analogy may seem strong, but Masada holds great significance to many (if
not most Jews). Some here claimed that it was a cop-out, but it was a
statement saying that "We would rather commit the ultimate sacrifice and
die at our own hands rather than giving up our religion and become your slaves".
I'd say that takes some balls. This was not just a bunch of guys, these were
entire families.

Last edited:
Some facts about Masada and it's true meaning. It's an awesome location in the middle of the desert. I've been there twice and even got to watch some Israeli fighters scramble over Masada in 1989 (it was NOT a drill).

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masada
In 72, the Roman governor of Iudaea, Lucius Flavius Silva, marched against Masada with the Roman legion X Fretensis and laid siege to the fortress. After failed attempts to breach the wall, they built a circumvallation wall and then a rampart against the western face of the plateau, using thousands of tons of stones and beaten earth. Josephus does not record any major attempts by the Zealots to counterattack the besiegers during this process, a significant difference from his accounts of other sieges against Jewish fortresses, suggesting that perhaps the Zealots lacked the equipment or skills to fight the Roman legion. Some historians also believe that Romans may have used Jewish slaves to build the rampart, whom the Zealots were reluctant to kill because of their beliefs.

A shot of the ramp from the top.The rampart was complete in the spring of 73, after approximately two to three months of siege, allowing the Romans to finally breach the wall of the fortress with a battering ram on April 16. When they entered the fortress, however, the Romans discovered that its approximately 1000 defenders had set all the buildings but the food storerooms ablaze and committed mass suicide rather than face certain capture or defeat by their enemies (which would probably have led to slavery or execution). Because Judaism strongly discourages suicide, however, the defenders were reported to have drawn lots and slain each other in turn, down to the last man, who would be the only one to actually take his own life. The storerooms were apparently left standing to show that the defenders retained the ability to live and chose the time of their death over slavery. This account of the siege of Masada was related to Josephus by two women who survived the suicide by hiding inside a cistern along with five children and repeated Elazar ben Yair's final exortation to his followers, prior to the mass suicide, verbatim to the Romans.

Not to devolve too much, but are you guys saying that if someone created the
".458 Crusifier" and tried to sell it on the world market Christians would not care?
I can't imagine Christians would care about this at all.

Now, on the other hand, if it was called the ".458 Crucifier," then maybe you have a point.

but it was a statement saying that "We would rather commit the ultimate sacrifice and die at our own hands rather than giving up our religion and become your slaves". I'd say that takes some balls. This was not just a bunch of guys, these were entire families.

I read that as the name being chosen to honor valor and the refusal to live as slaves, and not chosen as a cheap marketing trick, precisely because of the actions of the defenders of Masada and the "death before dishonor" and "never again" symbolism that Masada has for the Jewish people.

We collectively rail on libtards and minorities for their hair trigger "I'm offended" mechanism, and here go some of us on the same behavior. [thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the rifle, doesn't the Masada gun bear a very strong resemblance to the HK XM-8 prototype?

I mean, at least I think they look alike. I don't know if the two guns work in a similar manner.

Anyone know if there is any connection between the two or am I off base?

Regarding the rifle, doesn't the Masada gun bear a very strong resemblance to the HK XM-8 prototype?

I mean, at least I think they look alike. I don't know if the two guns work in a similar manner.

Anyone know if there is any connection between the two or am I off base?

It looks a lot more like the FN SCAR. But yes, there is a very slight familiarity with the XM8.

From what I've been able to find out, the inspiration for the operating system is the Armalite AR-180. Which is also what HK used as a starting point for the G36 (and by extension the XM8).

There is no formal connection or collaboration between Magpul and Heckler & Koch, though.

HK's attitude towards civilian sale of their long arms makes me NOT want to buy anything they make.

I read that as the name being chosen to honor valor and the refusal to live as slaves, and not chosen as a cheap marketing trick, precisely because of the actions of the defenders of Masada and the "death before dishonor" and "never again" symbolism that Masada has for the Jewish people.

We collectively rail on libtards and minorities for their hair trigger "I'm offended" mechanism, and here go some of us on the same behavior. [thinking]

I believe the usual libtard word is "outraged"; otherwise, I agree.

Back
Top Bottom