• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Difference between gun shows at Big E ?

Northeastgunshows.com has a gun show schedule for the northeast.

It shows 'The Great W. Springfield Firearm & Knife Show/Sale' located at the ' better living center' at the big E which was last weekend.

Then it shows a 'West Springfield -Militaria- Gun and Knife Show/Sale' hosted by Mid Hudson Promotions also at the better living center on may 31, june 1.

My question is whats the difference between these shows ? Which is better? Are they both run by the same people ?

i need more info ..

to add something, im from the albany, ny area, and i went to the 1st show mentioned above last weekend, and i was impressed . I usually attend the saratoga show, which has proven time and time again to be a waste of my time and money. It was a nice change. LOTS of tables, and lots of people and stuff to buy.

thanks

I haven't been to a Militaria show for a few years but last time I went it was smaller, more military stuff (obviously but to include non firearm trinkets, historical stuff) and a few less general dealers. I think there was more C+R stuff and not as much gaudy stuff. There still were plenty of dealers there and I did fairly well on trading that day IIRC. Not a bad way to spend a day if you don't mind them bagging you $5 for parking again !! Ithink it'll probably be held in one of the side buildings not the big one from last weekend.

Springfield Show

I was there a couple of weeks ago and did pretty good. I picked up a 1918 Black army, all original. I doubt the dealer knew what he was selling, and I got there at the last minute. He already had it packed up and ready to go home. I had passed it by earlier in the day and decided to check it out again. I bought it for $575. I also was looking for any kind of 45 frame and found a complete receiver, Springfield Armory (the U.S. one). It came with an original Springfield magazine, and from what I could see when I got home all the parts were original. The only problem was it needed a main spring, it was a little bit out of shape, and the hammer would not fall. For that piece I paid $375. Overall I thought I had a good day!

Back
Top Bottom