different knots ??

thinking of trying a new knot this season. what do all you tie ?? i use the classic fishermans knot,have forever. love the knot 100%

I presume your referring to tying fishing line. The Fisherman's Knot is the only one I use, but it's getting harder to do as by eyesight degrades. Maybe there's a simpler knot I should try, or maybe I need one of those magnifier things that straps to your head.

Last edited:
For fly fisherman who need to add/change tippet and either don't tie a good blood knot or don't want to take the time to tie one when the fish are rising, the surgeon's knot (sometimes called double surgeon's knot) is a lifesaver and actually holds better if the difference in diameter between the two pieces of leader is greater than .003" or so.

The animated knots site that kengog refers to above shows how to do it (great site).

Palomar when I can, it retains most of the line strength. Other than that I snell hooks for bait, uni to uni for joining two pieces of line, or use the improved clinch when I can't use a palomar.

Back
Top Bottom