Digging down to the bottom of the stash.

Maybe this will start a antique ammo Would you still shoot it..
From 1987

View attachment 440041
From 1987? Hell, yes! Over the summer I shot a few hundred rounds from a 500 round brick of Remington Yellow Jacket .22LR that I bought back in 1981/1982. I'm down to my last 30 rounds of it now.

It's the 50 rounds of .38 S&W that I keep getting tempted to shoot. That suits my one of my dad's old revolvers, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Still, that's the only box I have, and my dad bought in before he died in 1966, so reliability is questionable.

9.2.52 Is that the date? Hand me downs from you Dad? I would keep it, put it back on the shelf, save it for your Grandkid.
9/2/52 is the date and it was my dad's. He bought it for a Luger he picked up in when he was in Germany after WWII. Both boxes full, one unopened. They're staying that way. You'll need to talk to my daughter about grandkids. ;)

Still goes 3' up my nose, turns sideways, and catches fire that my mother sold the Luger back in the 70s to a friend. She swears she didn't sell his 1911, but it disappeared somewhere over the years. :mad:

Those 45s.. Evansville Chrysler? I had a 1/2 dozen rounds that I just had to shoot.. They all went BANG!

A bunch of us regularly shoot milsurp Greek 'HXP' .30-06 Garand food in CMP matches or other suitable matches for M1 Garands. Tends to have a flyer in every box but for the most part it's capable of holding the 10-ring. Brass is great for reloading too. I'll be shooting some made in 1965 tomorrow in the Leominster winter match. Was boxed in a sealed can and still looks like new.

Whatever the Internal Revenue Code dictates, you're "toast"!

"E C"? I always thought that was Eau Claire Ordnance Plant, Eau Claire, WI.
I see now that it could be either.

Keep your eyes peeled. I've seen new R-P .38 S&W ammo over the past few years, so I know it's out there...

Last edited:
Maybe this will start a antique ammo Would you still shoot it..
From 1987

87 is practically new from an ammo perspective.

Heck, one of the gun shops around me that scrounges ammo from unique sources has some Remington Kleanbore on the shelf-last made around 1960.

I myself have fired 105mm from the 40s and experimental 105mm from the 60s.

A bunch of us regularly shoot milsurp Greek 'HXP' .30-06 Garand food in CMP matches or other suitable matches for M1 Garands. Tends to have a flyer in every box but for the most part it's capable of holding the 10-ring. Brass is great for reloading too. I'll be shooting some made in 1965 tomorrow in the Leominster winter match. Was boxed in a sealed can and still looks like new.

That is great ammo. I still have two sealed cans of it downstairs.

I love my HXP for my .303. I grab up all that I can find.

Few more months of this and I'll only feel like shooting up my .32 ACP, my 9mm Largo, and maybe some .455.

A marketing pro could turn that into an ad slogan.
Mercury-greek-god.jpg

Back
Top Bottom