Digital scale reviews

Great video - thanks! Way too many choices......:eek:
I picked the Hornady G3-1500. Good for beginners I think. My preference is touch screen rather than touch panel anyway. Batteries seem to last forever. It seems accurate enough when compared to our precision reference scales at work.

All scales work , some better than others
i can trick my cheap hornady by using the trickler. I have a digiweigh scal e that works ok but will not display IIRC .7
Ex if you have 6.4 and try to trickle up it will go .5,.6,,,,.8 checking it against bullet weights and a old Hause weight check set they all seem to work.
Its when there is a glitch you dont see or catch is when the problems start.
The digiweigh has been good for a inexpensive scale, its better than the hornady that looks just like it. I still check everything against my old Redding/rbcs 505

All scales work , some better than others
i can trick my cheap hornady by using the trickler. I have a digiweigh scal e that works ok but will not display IIRC .7
Ex if you have 6.4 and try to trickle up it will go .5,.6,,,,.8 checking it against bullet weights and a old Hause weight check set they all seem to work.
Its when there is a glitch you dont see or catch is when the problems start.
The digiweigh has been good for a inexpensive scale, its better than the hornady that looks just like it. I still check everything against my old Redding/rbcs 505
I bought some calibration weights. I really don't know what scale to believe anymore. I will beat the guac out of my digital scale if it turns out it was lying to me all these years.

I bought some calibration weights. I really don't know what scale to believe anymore. I will beat the guac out of my digital scale if it turns out it was lying to me all these years.
well maybe those calibration weights are off a little also.
Whats the +/- on accuracy of your scales.
I used to know one of the pharmacist at cvs and i would have them weigh a few items with the fancy scale inside the cabinet. Those are now my "standards" so far my scales have been doing the job.

Actually
I used to know one of the pharmacist at cvs and i would have them weigh a few items with the fancy scale inside the cabinet. Those are now my "standards" so far my scales have been doing the job.
The main issue is consistency of course. I don't care if there's a minor inaccuracy as long as the results are consistent and my new scale which goes to .005 grains seems very consistent.

Actually
The main issue is consistency of course. I don't care if there's a minor inaccuracy as long as the results are consistent and my new scale which goes to .005 grains seems very consistent.
What scale do you have? I’m looking to replace mine. I was considering the E&J Newton series.

Thanks, it looks like both scales mentioned above are only battery powered. I want one with an AC adapter.

Great idea- one of my kids works at CVS.

Back
Top Bottom