• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon blue

MAC, painting all your Lee stuff blue is not quite the same thing as using Dillon ;-)
Actually grabbed this as i hope to come into a couple of dillons but they might be a bit to old or to far rusted to bother.
Although i swear my now blue Pro1000 produces better ammo now that it thinks its a dillon.

No pictures but the blue aint happening today.
I went to check them out. 1. Dillon 900 shotshell press basically just the main body most parts missing and un accounted for.
2. Dillon 450 just not in the mood to deal with a old out dated out of production press. Some rot not rust. Again lots of small parts missing. So looks like i will be adding a dillon pro 1000 to my mix.
i did get some brass, bullets and a few hand tools while i was there.

Word on the street is, you can send that 450 in and they'll magically turn it into a 550 for $60.

Worth looking into.

i should have taken pictures. The steel parts where rotted not just rusty, the aluminum/pot metal frame was a mess, no paint left and fully encased in a powdery flake oxidization. If I sent this into dillon i think they would have hand delivered it back and just flipped me the bird. It was stored in a dark damp field stone basement that had about 2" of water on low side of the floor. The owner had not been down the basement in 10 year, his wife cleaned out the junk about 8 years ago.
Basically 2 old rotted presses bolted to the dry rotted bench. Was all that was left

I went to check them out. 1. Dillon 900 shotshell press basically just the main body most parts missing and un accounted for.
2. Dillon 450 just not in the mood to deal with a old out dated out of production press. Some rot not rust. Again lots of small parts missing. So looks like i will be adding a dillon pro 1000 to my mix.
Is that the 450 that's on sale for like $750 with a bunch of brass and bullets?

Saw an add on the board at the Hopkinton Club. I had to stop and read it when I saw "450".

No, its a private friend of friend deal. Seriously it was 2 rotted frames, no parts, powder drops , nothing , im awful at bringing my phone with me.
Only thing i picked up was a few rusty files, a sledge hammer and a hunk of brass. Plus 250 assorted bullets in a box.

Worth a call at least.
Saw photo's a few years back of a guy that had a garage fire. Sent his presses back (550 and 650 I think) and they refurbed them completely.
$60 per press at the time, and I don't think thats changed much.
They'd probably send back a BL 550C. You could always flip it.

Do keep in mind - if it's not a "commercial" type machine, Dillon has a no BS lifetime guarantee. I have read many accounts on the DIllon groups of people getting their presses refurbished by Dillon.

And right now, new presses are a little difficult to come by - not impossible, not as bad as primers - but difficult.

Do keep in mind - if it's not a "commercial" type machine, Dillon has a no BS lifetime guarantee. I have read many accounts on the DIllon groups of people getting their presses refurbished by Dillon.

And right now, new presses are a little difficult to come by - not impossible, not as bad as primers - but difficult.
i understand they have a warranty but sending in a neglected rotted not rusty press I personally would not do. I also would not take issue if dillon said F'No. Will be calling later

i understand they have a warranty but sending in a neglected rotted not rusty press I personally would not do. I also would not take issue if dillon said F'No. Will be calling later

Understood. But they also "refurbish" for a reasonable fee. Phone call sounds like a great idea.

I sent in my 80's 550 a couple of years ago and they refurbed it for less than $70 and shipped it back on their dime. The press was complete, just a little stiff from storage. I doubt they'd take an old 450 frame and turn it into a working press.

I’d have a lot of anxiety parting with my press during these troubled times..godspeed to your press that the mighty hand of Charlton Heston guides it safely on its journey and back to you post haste...

Dillon is no longer the standard. Mark VII is but it's also the SVI of reloading presses (price wise) unless you get into linears like Camdex or Ammoload.

Back
Top Bottom