Disregard

Nice gun, but the Romeo Zero leaves a bad impression for me. The red dot is visually fine, but the frame being plastic means when properly torqued down, at least one side will pull away from the slide due to frame flex. It annoys me to no end that I can see light under the front lip of mine, straight from the factory. Makes me wonder just how long this will last with battery replacements. Also makes me wonder if there is any zero shift with thermal expansion. The controls are terrible as well.

But it is indeed cheap, so I suppose I got what I paid for (came with the slide).

Nice gun, but the Romeo Zero leaves a bad impression for me. The red dot is visually fine, but the frame being plastic means when properly torqued down, at least one side will pull away from the slide due to frame flex. It annoys me to no end that I can see light under the front lip of mine, straight from the factory. Makes me wonder just how long this will last with battery replacements. Also makes me wonder if there is any zero shift with thermal expansion. The controls are terrible as well.

But it is indeed cheap, so I suppose I got what I paid for (came with the slide).
Thank you for the insight. With that being said I probably wont end up getting P365X W/ the Romeo Zero, I’ll just get the P365X

Thank you for the insight. With that being said I probably wont end up getting P365X W/ the Romeo Zero, I’ll just get the P365X

Probably the best approach. And then go for like a 407/507K or something else actually made of metal.

Edited to say: I think Sig makes a P365 red dot cut slide now that retains the rear irons. May want to check on that too.

Probably the best approach. And then go for like a 407/507K or something else actually made of metal.

Edited to say: I think Sig makes a P365 red dot cut slide now that retains the rear irons. May want to check on that too.
I’m looking for a dot myself for my XL, and the Romeo looks flimsy. The Holosun looks a tad bit bigger which I don’t like, but that might just be an illusion. And the Trij is too spendy for me.

Will probably grab a 407k at some point.

I’m looking for a dot myself for my XL, and the Romeo looks flimsy. The Holosun looks a tad bit bigger which I don’t like, but that might just be an illusion. And the Trij is too spendy for me.

Will probably grab a 407k at some point.

The footprint has to be the same between the Romeo Zero and 407k, right? What makes the latter probably look bigger is that the sides of the hood are wider front to back. Probably a good thing for shielding the emitter.

Yeah screw the class I’ll just buy the gun😂
I saw one yesterday at just short of 900 on 365 IIRC. (Sorry I wasn’t in the market to pay attention) I don’t even know if it was a X or not I paid that much attention window case walking. 😂
I did like the tiny size of the sight on my old eyes.

Wonder if laser work in these eyes comes with any side benefits?

I saw one yesterday at just short of 900 on 365 IIRC. (Sorry I wasn’t in the market to pay attention) I don’t even know if it was a X or not I paid that much attention window case walking. 😂
I did like the tiny size of the sight on my old eyes.

Wonder if laser work in these eyes comes with any side benefits?
Lol, Im trying to sell my Glock 17 gen 4 because it isn’t very ideal to conceal carry. I love the size of the P365X and am looking for something to conceal carry of similar size

The footprint has to be the same between the Romeo Zero and 407k, right? What makes the latter probably look bigger is that the sides of the hood are wider front to back. Probably a good thing for shielding the emitter.
It looks taller, but like you said the hood is beefier so it might just be an illusion.

I haven’t looked at one in person yet. The holosun just seems like a good value for the price.

It looks taller, but like you said the hood is beefier so it might just be an illusion.

I haven’t looked at one in person yet. The holosun just seems like a good value for the price.

Good eye (407k on the right). Marginally larger due to not being rounded, but nothing that really matters. The good thing is that I think it will still allow for a slight lower 1/3 (even lower) co-witness with regular irons. My Romeo Zero allows for this too. You can still see the very tip of the front iron, so power lost isn't the end for this set up.

407k just has a better build and easier controls.

holosun-407k-vs-sig-suer-romeo-zero-AM5HUK1nSts-2.jpg

Edited to say, I might have gotten the 1/3 co-witness backwards. But I mean the irons don't obstruct the dot. I don't know...I'm already drinking.

have you looked at a Glock 43X?

It is about the same size as a Glock 19, but thinner.

Now before anyone starts screaming about capacity, yes it is a 10 + 1 from the factory, but swap out the mag release and use the aftermarket 15 round magazines and it is a nice carry piece.

And it doesn't as far as I know have a slide cut for optics, or a rail setup but it is meant to be a concealable gun with a near full sized grip.

The G26 doesn't have a rail either, I don't know about a slide cut for optics, but again it is a CCW piece. Personally IMHO the 43X made the 26 obsolete.

Or there is the venerable, reliable, affordable Glock 19.... the best of all worlds in the Glock universe.... it has a rail, but the slide is not optic ready.

Maybe I am just old, but we got along for a lot of years without lights and lasers and such, although I will admit night sights are nice, and Crimson Trace makes a nice product that works with standard holsters on the G19.

Last edited:

Now before anyone starts screaming about capacity, yes it is a 10 + 1 from the factory, but swap out the mag release and use the aftermarket 15 round magazines and it is a nice carry piece.

And it doesn't as far as I know have a slide cut for optics, or a rail setup but it is meant to be a concealable gun with a near full sized grip.

The G26 doesn't have a rail either, I don't know about a slide cut for optics, but again it is a CCW piece. Personally IMHO the 43X made the 26 obsolete.

Or there is the venerable, reliable, affordable Glock 19.... the best of all worlds in the Glock universe.... it has a rail, but the slide is not optic ready.

Maybe I am just old, but we got along for a lot of years without lights and lasers and such, although I will admit night sights are nice, and Crimson Trace makes a nice product that works with standard holsters.

I want to get that set up so bad, but hot damn...I'm in MA. May end up still getting the G43 MOS some day, because it seems like a great gun.

Glock should just cave and offer OEM mags forgoing the plastic wrap so they can capitalize on capacity like Shield Arms. I will say though, Magguts offers +2 springs for both the P365 and P365XL, for 12 and 14 rounds, respectively. Almost no additional length from factory flush (tiny bit, like in the MM range).

Maybe I am just old, but we got along for a lot of years without lights and lasers and such, although I will admit night sights are nice, and Crimson Trace makes a nice product that works with standard holsters on the G19.
I actually have been looking at the G43xMOS. A buddy of mine used to work for Glock and hes the one I bought my G17 with. He cc with a 43 and loves/recommends it.

Reasonable gripe.

I have a 365xl with factory installed RZ and there is no gap or space of any kind.

I'd suggest maybe sending it back to sig for service.

Also, you have the common internet complaint that I see a lot about the "plastic" sight.

Its actually a polymer material (both the housing and the clear lense), just like many polymer receiver semi autos.

In all honesty, I can't help but chuckle a bit, because it sounds an awful lot like when Glocks first came out and die-hard "revolver owners" griped and said that they'd never trust their life to a "plastic gun" (.... and look where things are now).

The Romeo zero is a polymer material sight, the same material that many semi auto receivers are constructed out of. So if someone doesn't trust a polymer sight, then maybe they should consider shit-canning all of their their semi auto pistols?

BTW, Sig makes & offers a metal housing (shroud) for the sig RZ 365 mount, because of concerns about the housing getting damaged. I picked one up on flea bay for $30 free shipping. They do come up regularly on that site.

Also, I am certainly I'

Also, I am not saying that the sig RZ is the best sight out there, or even a top tier RDS, but the whole "plastic" labeling criticism thing (IMHO) is kind of funny & comical, as stated above.

Last edited:
Just curious.

How much does a class cost to get a discount?

$160 to qualify I believe.

A friend of mine got rung up with a student discount on a pistol I had just bought without the discount. I think he ended up saving near or more than that much. yes I hate him.

their courses were top notch last time I took them. I used to rotate them every 3 months or so. take a course and sign up for the next course with the student discount buy some things at the proshop with the discount and then 3 months later take another course and rinse and repeat. signing up for the next course series after that days course. this was 15 years ago or so. but it was a great system. made for great training and a great thing to look forward to and use as an escape with a great discount.

I think the mil discount can get up to 30% depending on the item.

$160 to qualify I believe.

A friend of mine got rung up with a student discount on a pistol I had just bought without the discount. I think he ended up saving near or more than that much. yes I hate him.

their courses were top notch last time I took them. I used to rotate them every 3 months or so. take a course and sign up for the next course with the student discount buy some things at the proshop with the discount and then 3 months later take another course and rinse and repeat. signing up for the next course series after that days course. this was 15 years ago or so. but it was a great system. made for great training and a great thing to look forward to and use as an escape with a great discount.

I think the mil discount can get up to 30% depending on the item.
Wow 30% is huge

Back
Top Bottom