• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DIY: LED Light for your Progressive Reloading Press

I’m guessing you can run it with much less power and still be very happy.
I don’t know much about any of this but can’t you run that same LED with say a AA? You’ll get less light but with the proximity to your press you really don’t need much and it should run much cooler.
I can but I didn't want to deal with batteries. I wanted to plug it into an outlet.

It's an LED out of a pretty high powered flashlight so definitely overkill.

It's just what I had laying around.

Wondering if I should start looking at pulling a resistor off of some old electronics

I can but I didn't want to deal with batteries. I wanted to plug it into an outlet.

It's an LED out of a pretty high powered flashlight so definitely overkill.

It's just what I had laying around.

Wondering if I should start looking at pulling a resistor off of some old electronics

gotcha. I believe walmart automotive section and I'm sure any big box automotive stores had some really inexpensive LED strip lights and such that are already set ups for what you're looking to do.
I know you're probably enjoying the project and using what you have laying around.

gotcha. I believe walmart automotive section and I'm sure any big box automotive stores had some really inexpensive LED strip lights and such that are already set ups for what you're looking to do.
I know you're probably enjoying the project and using what you have laying around.
Yea I should probably just get a 12 led bulb and do this. I won't burn that one out.

But since I hacked this together I'm going to run it to see what happens.

It's been on for 3 minutes so far. Got a stopwatch going. Maybe I should wear a face shield. :)

Yea I should probably just get a 12 led bulb and do this. I won't burn that one out.

But since I hacked this together I'm going to run it to see what happens.

It's been on for 3 minutes so far. Got a stopwatch going. Maybe I should wear a face shield. :)
Just keep it away from your primers. They’re precious right now.

Back
Top Bottom