• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DL & PRL terminology NH

I know it has something to do with a license for owning a full auto firearm. But i was wondering what the observations are and how do I go about obtaining one in NH.

Thanks,
Quinn

PRL is Pistol & Revolver License. NH's CCW License. Has nothing to do with full auto as far as I know.

Buy from Dealer with money , send $200 + paperwork to the FEDs, and wait for Approval. Then pick up from Dealer.

No License from NH required.

Malodave

PRL is Pistol & Revolver License. NH's CCW License. Has nothing to do with full auto as far as I know.

Unless you want to conceal carry a Glock 18. [smile]

No laws exist in NH for NFA-controlled firearms. Just need to follow fed law/regs.

Is this for a Form 4 or Form 1?

What are you talking about? If you're a NH resident you don't need any paperwork to own an AR pistol. Just go buy it. You don't think it's FA because it's got the full auto BCG, do you?

Drivers License establishes residency (required since it's a pistol)
PRL sorta establishes that you aren't a PP

The Full Auto BCG just means that it's a little studier than a normal BCG. Not capable of full auto.

What are you talking about? If you're a NH resident you don't need any paperwork to own an AR pistol. Just go buy it. You don't think it's FA because it's got the full auto BCG, do you?

I agree, no special paperwork required for an AR pistol in NH. Just don't shoulder the thing with that SIG brace and shoot at anything....that's one of those ATF grey areas these days

got ya thanks DL= Driver license PRL= pistol/revolver license and yes thought i might have been full Auto for a min. Ive bought quite a few gun FTF i know how it works thanks. But while Iam actually trying to learn something right now, do you need a permit for full auto and if so how do you get it?

No permit for full auto. There are no permits period. Just a Pistol & Revolver License.

awesome thanks! Now how do i make my ar FA or burst?
Don't ask questions like that on this forum, please. I'm sure it's innocently intended, but it can be viewed as conspiring to evade or break the NFA (national firearms act) laws. Short answer is that you can't unless you're an FFL AND have the proper licenses.

got ya thanks DL= Driver license PRL= pistol/revolver license and yes thought i might have been full Auto for a min. Ive bought quite a few gun FTF i know how it works thanks. But while Iam actually trying to learn something right now, do you need a permit for full auto and if so how do you get it?

I think that was answered earlier in the thread

Don't ask questions like that on this forum, please. I'm sure it's innocently intended, but it can be viewed as conspiring to evade or break the NFA (national firearms act) laws. Short answer is that you can't unless you're an FFL AND have the proper licenses.

Correctumundo!!! You cannot make a semi auto rifle full auto as that constitutes you manufacturing a 'new' automatic weapon and violating the NFA, which will cost you $10,000 and ten years in Club Fed!!!

No license or permit required for FA or SF firearms.

Unless it will be conceal carried. Or if a pistol, transported loaded. Cannot transport loaded long guns. Regardless if it's an SA or FA.

Ok so i ask if you need a license for full auto, none needed. Thanks.
I didnt know you couldnt modify current fire arms, that would have been a easy answer instead of jumping at people... A lot of keyboard comandos on here, how quickly Im reminded every time I come on for a quick question.

Dude, has nothing to do with "keyboard commandos". You come here and post without doing ANY research on your own. A really quick Google search would have cleared this up for you.

It happens. But don't get angry when we point the above out.

Ok so i ask if you need a license for full auto, none needed. Thanks.
I didnt know you couldnt modify current fire arms, that would have been a easy answer instead of jumping at people... A lot of keyboard comandos on here, how quickly Im reminded every time I come on for a quick question.

Human nature man...you learn to grow more skin for that.

We don't like people who have no interest in helping themselves. Go figure, gun forum and all. Unsubbing this one.

No, not human nature most of you guys are just Dbags in here. My skin is thick, but my questions where simple.

hey, DA's, ATF, etc. Watch some places. It's something you don't talk about.

Relax and stop taking things personally. The posts were beign, so I'm not even sure why you're bent.

No, not human nature most of you guys are just Dbags in here. My skin is thick, but my questions where simple.

Lighten up Francis. There are very few dbags on the board, don't lump everybody together. Pick up the phone and call the ATF if you are unable to do a little searching. I found the replies to tour question to be simple to follow and I am simple. Serenity now.

Skulen iz besd lefd tu teechuz.

I'll ignore the Dbag comment to say that one of the reasons you got jumped on is the question about converting to FA. That's scary stuff for most people who understand how the NFA laws work. It can be viewed as conspiring to break or evade those laws, which carries just as big a penalty as actually doing it yourself. People get touchy about that.

If you want a MG, there are many class 3 (machine gun) dealers in NH who will help you *legally* purchase one. There's a lot to it, but the simplest way to put it is that the machine gun has to have been made and registered with the federal government before May 1986 to be legal for an ordinary civilian to purchase. Your life will be a lot easier if you do some research into what is and isn't legal.

Back
Top Bottom