Do I need to expire before I renew?

DMANOO7

NES Member
I just got the alert that I am about to expire. There does not seem to be a renew feature anymore, so do I expire then renew?

more relevant...if one expires are they dead, or does one have to be dead to be expired?

I just got the alert that I am about to expire. There does not seem to be a renew feature anymore, so do I expire then renew?

That's better than GOA is doing. I signed up for Life Membership last year and they've sent a couple of renewal notices since then showing my Life Membership dues as last year's contribution. If I die and rise again I'll be sure to take care of that.

Saw that, but thought it might have been fixed by now. After all, the initial post is from 4 weeks ago.

Umm ... go back and read the date on the OP again. You're a year off.

Expiration notice came today (though I'm not expired....yet) and i was able to 'upgrade' again, 15th time or so. All is good.
That's interesting, I got the notice, and tried to renew before my membership expires and got a message saying the "NES Member" option was not renewable because the rates had changed. It was $24/year, maybe they are going up. I don't expire until the end of the month, so I'm not worried.

I've said this before. Just put a twenty and a five and your info in an envelope and mail it in. Done. Jack.
If everyone did that it would be a lot of work for the site owner. Sooner or later the PO would figure it out and oops, lots of missing cash.

Sorry for the necro post revival, but I didn't want to make a new thread on an existing question. Has a work-around been established or should I just let it expire in order to renew? There was some message about not being able to early renew due to subscription increase since my last renewal.

If everyone did that it would be a lot of work for the site owner. Sooner or later the PO would figure it out and oops, lots of missing cash.
So Derek deposits the cash along with the checks and gets a receipt. No big deal. It would cut down on the 183 friggin threads and posts every month on how and when to friggin renew. Grow up. This ain't rocket science. Jack.

So Derek deposits the cash along with the checks and gets a receipt. No big deal. It would cut down on the 183 friggin threads and posts every month on how and when to friggin renew. Grow up. This ain't rocket science. Jack.
In my defense, this isn't just a "how and when" question. I know exactly when and this would be a few renewals in already. It appears to be a glitch in the forum software on renewals due to the small fee increase.

In my defense, this isn't just a "how and when" question. I know exactly when and this would be a few renewals in already. It appears to be a glitch in the forum software on renewals due to the small fee increase.
No offense intended, RD. Payment by cash, check, Paypal or whatever a month or two before expiration, and all the glitches go away. Just check the "Membership" to see if there is a "cost of living" (LOL) increase. Jack.

I got the expiration email, wanted to change/upgrade to lifetime member, but it told me to wait til it expires

Me too. Why send the alert to renew and when you go to the link - it won't allow you to do it? Perhaps NES should put more accurate info and directions in the alerts.

Back
Top Bottom