• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do that many people own guns?

I wanted to share a quick story:

I work for Mancini safe company. I was delivering and installing a couple of safes in boston last week to a very high end luxury town house that takes up the whole floor of this massive building on beacon street. I bring a couple of 200 lb safes into this interior designer ladies' town house after putting on those blue medical booties over my shoes so I don't mark up her beautiful floors, she tells me that they are going into her custom made walk in closed (which was bigger than my bedroom) with 24 kt gold leaf doors and drawers, tucked up on a shelf.

The lady was in her 50's nice but very firm, she knows what she wants and doesn't take no for an answer.

O.k. now after sweating for 2 1/2 hours both from the 94 degree heat, in this high end interior decorator/designer ladies house and the fact that if I drop, dent or scratch anything, my paycheck goes out the window for the next 20 years. The lady came into the closet and said that she was happy how every thing came out.. As I was cleaning up she asked me how business was going, and said when she came to our showroom to buy these jewelry safes from us she saw the line of Gun safes that we have in stock, and asked with a perplexed look "Gun safes? Do you really sell that many of those?" I answered with a ye... then she cut me off and said in amazement "Do that many people own guns?" I chuckled to myself and said politely "You have no idea"...

[rolleyes]

Last edited:
You have a security system that calls the cops, you have giant safes to protect your valuables, and yet you sit here defenseless from a home invasion. You are the prime target of every criminal out there. In fact that van outside the window looks a little suspicious. TIME TO GET A GUN!

I was delivering and installing a couple of safes in boston last week to a very high end luxury town house that takes up the whole floor of this massive building on beacon street.

. . . and said when she came to our showroom to buy these jewelry safes from us she saw the line of Gun safes that we have in stock, and asked with a perplexed look "Gun safes? Do you really sell that many of those?" I answered with a ye... then she cut me off and said in amazement "Do that many people own guns?" I chuckled to myself and said politely "You have no idea"...
[rolleyes]

People who live in these "cocoon world" environments never have a clue about the rest of the world. They live insulated lives amongst their own kind, "guarded" by doormen, "security" at a front desk, servants who do their shopping for them, etc.

People who live in these "cocoon world" environments never have a clue about the rest of the world. They live insulated lives amongst their own kind, "guarded" by doormen, "security" at a front desk, servants who do their shopping for them, etc.

wish i could live that life. [grin]

No, 39% admit they have guns in their home. It used to be 50%, what happened to all those guns?

they got smart and decided to not tell anyone they have guns. JK

I don't. I have always liked mingling with "normal people". We can learn a lot from each other if we do this. Those that live in insulated worlds have a very warped view of life and no concept of how normal people live or think.
This is what I think how the libs are formed to a large degree.

I always assumed just about every home in America had grandads old 12ga. or .22 rifle stashed in a closet/ foot locker somewhere.

I always assumed just about every home in America had grandads old 12ga. or .22 rifle stashed in a closet/ foot locker somewhere.

this when i was in high school many of my freinds had grandpas old rifle or even a few shotguns/ handguns in the attic or basement and none of them even knew or cared you needed a license for them

No, 39% admit they have guns in their home. It used to be 50%, what happened to all those guns?

MA changed the law - and all of those "lifetime" FID cards are no longer valid. So there are tons of people out there who own guns -and have no license for them. Once they clue in to how restrictive firearm ownership is now - they just sit on the guns they have that were formerly legal. Why? Because if they have a brain in their head they know that if they try to do anything with that unregistered firearm they are potentially opening themselves up for a world of hurt. That and the fact that many people simply just forget they have a rifle or pistol sitting in the back of the closet.

I know a few people like this. I break it to them gently what the laws are like now - and then tell them if they just STFU they probably won't have a problem.

I still hear stories (urban legends) of bring-backs being found in the attics of WW2 vets. Those things quietly disappear.

I work with a guy who lives in the Fitchburg area who claims that BAR 's were manufactured by a Co. in that area -and people quietly took home the parts to build BAR's ( sort of like the country song where the guy built a Cadillac from parts he brought home ) - and quietly stashed them away.

Then there was the Russian guy whom I bought an SKS from. ( A Russian one!) . He claimed the people all over Russia had firearms stashed away. During WW2 with all the fighting that went on - there was plenty of opportunity to grab up stuff from the battlefields - and hide it down in the well. His claim was that after the fall of the Soviet Union - there were people everywhere with firearms - where did they all come from?

There are many things that go on in the world that never bubble their way up to the mainstream media. And many people live in ignorance - like that woman in Boston.

I don't. I have always liked mingling with "normal people". We can learn a lot from each other if we do this. Those that live in insulated worlds have a very warped view of life and no concept of how normal people live or think.

I like mingling with people who live in insulated worlds - it's fun to watch their eyes go big as they crap their pants when they find out how the real world works.

The lady was in her 50's nice but very firm, she knows what she wants and doesn't take no for an answer.

Can we talk more about this part? [grin]

I agree with calsdad - The guns that are accounted for in states like MA are probably 25% or less than the total available. Whether due to licensing BS like the "lifetime" FID's, an ignorance of the laws, or merely a healthy thumbing of the nose to the gub'mint, it has to be assumed that scads of guns never got recorded, tracked, or documented. An awful lot of the undocumented guns must have passed down the line to younger folks by now. And Lots, and lots, and lots of people who are handed grandpa's guns (be it a breakover field piece, an old Luger trophy, a hillbilly Mauser action deer gun, a BAR, maybe a nice water cooled M1917...) are likely not in a big hurry to risk the possessions and their family history to the hands of a governing body that has made it grossly clear that they do not want us armed.

MA changed the law - and all of those "lifetime" FID cards are no longer valid. So there are tons of people out there who own guns -and have no license for them. Once they clue in to how restrictive firearm ownership is now - they just sit on the guns they have that were formerly legal. Why? Because if they have a brain in their head they know that if they try to do anything with that unregistered firearm they are potentially opening themselves up for a world of hurt. That and the fact that many people simply just forget they have a rifle or pistol sitting in the back of the closet.

I know a few people like this. I break it to them gently what the laws are like now - and then tell them if they just STFU they probably won't have a problem.

I still hear stories (urban legends) of bring-backs being found in the attics of WW2 vets. Those things quietly disappear.

I work with a guy who lives in the Fitchburg area who claims that BAR 's were manufactured by a Co. in that area -and people quietly took home the parts to build BAR's ( sort of like the country song where the guy built a Cadillac from parts he brought home ) - and quietly stashed them away.

Then there was the Russian guy whom I bought an SKS from. ( A Russian one!) . He claimed the people all over Russia had firearms stashed away. During WW2 with all the fighting that went on - there was plenty of opportunity to grab up stuff from the battlefields - and hide it down in the well. His claim was that after the fall of the Soviet Union - there were people everywhere with firearms - where did they all come from?

There are many things that go on in the world that never bubble their way up to the mainstream media. And many people live in ignorance - like that woman in Boston.

When I was a kid I remember going through some old trunks in my grandmothers upstairs with my father. Well, underneath his WWII tankers helmet and some misc. uniform items was this big piece of brown leather ( I had no idea what a holster looked like). We opened it up and there was grandpas WWII 1911. After this I have NO idea what happened to it (I have looked EVERYWHERE). My father died back in 99 and my relatives never found it when they cleaned out the house after my grandmother died. They DID however, find a Luger he brought back, along with some other Nazi stuff. I'd give my left one to have that 1911 that was on his hip as he freed France and made his way across Europe to Germany in that tin-can tank of his.

You have a security system that calls the cops, you have giant safes to protect your valuables, and yet you sit here defenseless from a home invasion. You are the prime target of every criminal out there. In fact that van outside the window looks a little suspicious. TIME TO GET A GUN!

If its a doorman building, thats near impossible without raising alarm. Statistically speaking, doorman buildings are significantly safer as far as home invasions and burglaries.

They will be food

When I was a kid I remember going through some old trunks in my grandmothers upstairs with my father. Well, underneath his WWII tankers helmet and some misc. uniform items was this big piece of brown leather ( I had no idea what a holster looked like). We opened it up and there was grandpas WWII 1911. After this I have NO idea what happened to it (I have looked EVERYWHERE). My father died back in 99 and my relatives never found it when they cleaned out the house after my grandmother died. They DID however, find a Luger he brought back, along with some other Nazi stuff. I'd give my left one to have that 1911 that was on his hip as he freed France and made his way across Europe to Germany in that tin-can tank of his.

Thats a very sad story.

The majority of Brahmins I know are very well-armed.

Most of the truly old money people I've known were well armed. But typically with old revolvers, old bolt rifles and double guns. Most had no interest in modern semi-automatic stuff.
They also didn't have much inclination to defend our rights to have those kinds of firearms.

If its a doorman building, thats near impossible without raising alarm. Statistically speaking, doorman buildings are significantly safer as far as home invasions and burglaries.

If that's the case, they would not be needing the safe i the first place..

Back
Top Bottom