Do that many people own guns?

They will be food

WOW! Jose, you just solved what I thought was going to be the biggest problem if SHTF or TEOTWAWKI. I never planned to bug out, I'm buggin in and wondered what I would do long term for meat. You just made me realize, that if I have to defend my position, where I have unlimited water and a good defensive plan. Now I don't need to worry about deer or small animals being scarce if the populace is hunting for sustinance. LOL [shocked] (if you're shocked anyone, live with it. War is hell.)[rolleyes]

If that's the case, they would not be needing the safe i the first place..

Probably to ensure "the help" isn't tempted.

or the children

Just because she's in a high rise doesn't mean she doesn't have to submit to storage laws in her state. [thinking]

Most of the truly old money people I've known were well armed. But typically with old revolvers, old bolt rifles and double guns. Most had no interest in modern semi-automatic stuff.
They also didn't have much inclination to defend our rights to have those kinds of firearms.
I met the son of the long-time Remington Arms President, now a lawyer in CT, who inherited his collection, and sold it! Can you imagine what was in
that collection?

When I was a kid I remember going through some old trunks in my grandmothers upstairs with my father. Well, underneath his WWII tankers helmet and some misc. uniform items was this big piece of brown leather ( I had no idea what a holster looked like). We opened it up and there was grandpas WWII 1911. After this I have NO idea what happened to it (I have looked EVERYWHERE). My father died back in 99 and my relatives never found it when they cleaned out the house after my grandmother died. They DID however, find a Luger he brought back, along with some other Nazi stuff. I'd give my left one to have that 1911 that was on his hip as he freed France and made his way across Europe to Germany in that tin-can tank of his.

I am lucky enough to have my grandfather's WWI 1911.

I was helping a freind clean out a house he had purchased (contents included) and we found a correct 1911A1 wraped in plastic and burlap and hiddedn in the rafters in the basement.

I met the son of the long-time Remington Arms President, now a lawyer in CT, who inherited his collection, and sold it! Can you imagine what was in that collection?

If it was worth six figures I probably would have done the same. I loves-my-guns but don't have an affinity for rare unshootable collectables worth big money. Plus you have to consider there are other factors like how much did this guy inherit (you can't always keep it all) and was he on good terms with his father. If the relationship was bad then the collection is just an eye sore.

Last edited:
If it was worth six figures I probably would have done the same. I loves-my-guns but don't have an affinity for rare unshootable collectables worth big money. Plus you have to consider there are other factors like how much did this guy inherit (you can't always keep it all) and was he on good terms with his father. If the relationship was bad then the collection is just an eye sore.
He told me he sold them because "I hate guns." Our conversation didn't go on much further.....

Don't know about any of you, but if I got a phone call poll or even the online ones that I've signed up for and agreed to do, and it asks if I own any guns, I would NEVER answer that question honestly.

I don't give out personal info to random folks if I think there is any way that it could be adverse to my best interests.

I can't see that this sort of question/response has any validity.

The company I work for is one of the main sponsors of the Worcester gun buyback program. The newsletter in today's email bragged that in the 18 or so years they've run the program they took in and destroyed 2000 guns. This year they bragged of taking in a sub machine gun and an AK47 along with 100 other guns. Multiply that across the country and picture little old ladies dragging their dead hubby's lifetime collection in for a couple walmart giftcards. All those Colt 1911s, WW2 bringbacks, civil war muskets, 1903s, Winchester 94s, etc. Its just sickens me. It is fraud as they make people believe they are getting more than market value for their heirlooms.

I always assumed just about every home in America had grandads old 12ga. or .22 rifle stashed in a closet/ foot locker somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom