do we really need this

I guess this would negate the need to load three tracer rounds first in the 30 rd mags.
I would rather use 3-5 tracers to know i'm low then have to look down in a firefight.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...red-round-count-the-countdown-magazine-cdmag/

images-stories-acca2.jpg

Yet another solution in search of a problem[rolleyes]. IMNSHO, In a fire fight the last thing you will be looking at is the little countdown window on the back of the mag. It might be useful if you're about to clear a room and want to make sure you're at full capacity, however when it comes to that I was always taught "When in doubt, Swap 'em out", so again not really something that's "needed".

I would rather use the tracers as well. When I was reloading alot I always wanted to make a few with colored smoke for the same reason.

i haven't served in a tacital unit in 5 years.

the unit had a SOP for the ratio of ball to tracer.

it was something like 3:1, last 4 were tracer to indicate a magazine change.

i agree with the others, PCI's and PCC's eliminate the need for this device IMO.

I guess this would negate the need to load three tracer rounds first in the 30 rd mags.
I would rather use 3-5 tracers to know i'm low then have to look down in a firefight.

And, if I was in a fire fight with you then you have ALSO informed me that you are low. Is that something you'd want to advertise?

I like one of the comments:

"Still, cool to FINALLY have the ‘Aliens’ - style ammo counter on the magazine. Now, if they just made a 95-rounder!!"

You have to look WAY down and potentially move shift your shooting stance/grip in order to see roughly how many rounds you have left.

Very interesting...but stupid.

is it the photo of the guy smiling wiht the blue ear muffs on?
i think hes the only person ive ever seen that looks a lot like me.

With those sunglasses it looks like Mr. Dench is trying out for a part in the new CHIPS movie. [laugh]

man that is so weird!
i guess i have a twin somewhere out there. i hope that one can at least hit what hes aiming at...

Back
Top Bottom