per year are

(C) Accidental deaths per physician
is

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of

Health and Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S.
is

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths

per year, all age groups,
is

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner
is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately
9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Out of concern for the public at large,
I withheld the statistics on
lawyers
for fear the shock would cause
people to panic and seek medical attention!

I've had some of the best "gun talks" while in the OR with the surgeons, some of'em are just like the rest of us good ol'e boys and girls. Rumors abound of the Sig strapped to one particualr docs ankle.

I also find it pretty amusing to hear some of the non gunners guess what size bullet they are pulling out of some poor soul. (is it a 9mm? nah its a 38 , i'll bet its a 380.....its a good thing i'm wearing a mask, oh no i peed myself again.)[rofl][crying]

Wow... Only 700,000 physicians for 300 million population???

Not enough medical schools. And, quite frankly, not that many more qualified applicants.
And its going to get worse - already is in MA - there are not enough primary care physicians because few are gluttons for the punishment that comes with this role in our current (and proposed regimes) and would rather work in a specialty.

More so now with the mandatory insurance adding to the rolls and paperwork...

There are many wonderful examples of things that are more statistically harmful than guns (MUCH more in many cases):
hospitals
Cars
Fires
smoking
little/no exercise
high fat food (presuming you are not on a low carb diet)
etc...

I was at the doctor a couple of weeks ago and had to take off my shirt at one point in the checkup. I remembered I had a Glock in an IWB holster, but shrugged and figured I'd go for it.

The doctor never mentioned the gun, no freakouts or Brady Campaign-isms. The subject never came up, even with it right there in plain sight.

I live in Cambridge. Behind enemy lines.

The one time my carry gun was exposed was when I was carrying my Glock in a OWB holster... and I was holding the door open for a mother and child at a store. They were entering, I was leaving. The wind blew my button down shirt open... and I mean OPEN! I thought to myself... Oh CRAP.

Mother glances down at my gun, and says, "Thank you, Officer!"

I pause, smile, and say, "You're welcome."

Dodged a BIG one there [smile]

I wonder why some people see a gun and assume you're a police officer when others see a gun and assume you're a mass murderer. Interesting.

I wonder why some people see a gun and assume you're a police officer when others see a gun and assume you're a mass murderer. Interesting.
It's not just the gun, its also the holster and your appearance/demeanor in general...

I bet you'd get a different reaction with words shaved into your head and a glock stuffed in your pants without a holster... [laugh]

With everyone open carrying blackberrys and assorted hardware these days, "the lump" is less conspicuous than it would otherwise be... People didn't used to carry their cell phones like that, but in the 5 years, I've noticed a lot do now...

Guess we are in trouble again when they figure out how to get that keyboard in a smaller (folding?) form factor huh?

Back
Top Bottom