• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does Anyone Own a Henry Long Ranger?

They are good looking guns. I almost bought one. It's a Henry. Trust me, it's good. I own a couple of their lever actions. Spectacular rifles.
I own a 45/70 Henry. I agree, they are good guns.

I am more interested in knowing if this is a 2MOA gun or actually capable of MOA or sub MOA.

But I can't find any good reviews.

Last edited:
My buddy has one in 308 for deer hunting in Maine. I’ve shot it and it seems nice enough. Haven’t played around with enough ammo to know the full accuracy potential.

Shitty balance IMO, unfortunately. Trigger will never be as nice as a good one in a bolt action, longer locktime as well, which may affect ultimate accuracy.

Action is almost as complicated as a BLR but at least Henry has a video on disassembly and reassembly:

Last edited:
I own a 45/70 Henry. I agree, they are good guns.

I am more interested in knowing if this is a 2MOA gun or actually capable of MOA or sub MOA.

But I can't find any good reviews.
I think if your looking for a MOA gun...bolt action probably best.

Levers are mainly for deer woods. Not saying one can't be accurate as hell...but that's the thinking from the old school.

If you reload and get your cartridge length for the gun perfect and do some load development, that style lever is probably fairly accurate.

I like Henry firearms but I absolutely detest how they "label", etc. their guns, it really cheapens the look:

View attachment 759937

View attachment 759936
I cleaned the gold off my Henry Frontier barrel with acetone. I also stripped the powder coat off the receiver then chemically blackened it with a bit of a mottled finish and stripped and oiled the wood. I do stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom